Tower of Terror suggestion

DisAl

Original Poster
How may of you, like me, would like to see the effects in the Tower of Terror without the terror part? My suggestion is that they do some number of "easy" rides, maybe one in fifty, with the elevator descending just like a normal elevator. That way those of us who would love to see the ride and all the special effects but have no desire to do the elevator drops could do so. Call those the Tower of NO Terror ride. ;)
Otherwise, unless they start providing nitro glycerin pills and Depends, I will not be riding it.

DisAl

Original Poster
All it should take is to have one simple ride profile for "easy letdown" of the elevator. I bet they already have that in some sort of maintenance mode.

Tom Morrow

It decreases capacity. That alone will cause them to lose money.
As long as the sequence in the drop shaft is the same as the existing drop sequences - 45 seconds, it would not affect capacity. However, devoting, say, one out of the four load shafts to it would. In theory, vehicles could be tagged in the system to not receive a drop sequence.

But doing this ruins the narrative of the ride and there is nowhere near enough demand for it.

WDW862

As long as the sequence in the drop shaft is the same as the existing drop sequences - 45 seconds, it would not affect capacity. However, devoting, say, one out of the four load shafts to it would. In theory, vehicles could be tagged in the system to not receive a drop sequence.

But doing this ruins the narrative of the ride and there is nowhere near enough demand for it.

It decreases capacity because there's not enough demand for it. There's no way you're going to fully load the elevator doing this every 50 loads.

Minnie Mum

All it should take is to have one simple ride profile for "easy letdown" of the elevator. I bet they already have that in some sort of maintenance mode.

I don't see this happening for a few reasons.
First, I don't think there's sufficient demand.
Second, logistics. They'd have to build a 3rd queue for the ride wimps. Otherwise, how would you separate them from the regular FP and standby riders. And if they only offer this ride once out of every 50 or so rides, how many people would be willing to wait that long, assuming one ride would be sufficient to swallow the whole queue.
Third, money. It would cost Disney money to accommodate this. They aren't going to do this when there's no benefit to their bottom line. Especially for a ride that already runs at capacity.

Weather_Lady

I agree that there's not likely enough demand for something like this to ever happen.

For those wanting to see the special effects, though, there's always Youtube.

DfromATX

To me, that's kind of like saying you want It's a Small World, but without the singing or Kali River Rapids, but without getting wet.

DisAl

Original Poster
To me, that's kind of like saying you want It's a Small World, but without the singing or Kali River Rapids, but without getting wet.
Both of those sound like a good idea to me! :D
Next thing you know, I will be wanting to eat at Flame Tree without getting BBQ sauce on my fingers and the birds trying to steal my plate. :rolleyes:
Maybe for Small World they could pass out ear plugs if you are on your third ride for the day with your grandchildren.

Last edited:

DisAl

Original Poster
Because you aren't spending it in a restaurant or shop...you're in line waiting to ride TOT because it's hourly capacity has been reduced.
If they just let it straight down one time, it would take LESS time to complete the ride. As others have mentioned though, there are probably not enough wimps like me to make it worthwhile. About the only way to do it would be to allow us wimps to gather on the side until there were enough to fill a car. I think some of you might be surprised though; I would bet there are more of us would like a "wimp" version than you think. Just like Mission Space, where some people like the orange version some and like the green.

DfromATX

Both of those sound like a good idea to me! :D
Next thing you know, I will be wanting to eat at Flame Tree without getting BBQ sauce on my fingers and the birds trying to steal my plate. :rolleyes:
Maybe for Small World they could pass out ear plugs if you are on your third ride for the day with your grandchildren.

Hey, I've actually had my food stolen there! I got up to get some napkins and next thing those birds were eating my pulled pork sandwich! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom