Tower of Terror Sheriff's Incident Report

TheDScoop

Original Poster
On another site where we posted this, another person made the interesting observation that the Tower of Terror apparently has an actual physical address...

tigsmom

Julius & Boobah said:
I thought that was kinda neat too.

I don't think it sounds like menengitis though to me... maybe a brain haemorrage or anurysm

She had all of the classic signs of a cerebral hemmorhage (sudden onset of a severe headache is one of the warning signs). The doctors removed a large blood clot from her brain during surgery.
Notice the mention of a limp arm?

Meningitis symptoms are:

• High temperature, fever, possibly with cold hands and feet
  • Vomiting, sometimes diarrhoea
  • Severe headache
  • Neck stiffness (unable to touch the chin to the chest)
  • Joint or muscle pains, sometimes stomach cramps with septicaemia
  • Dislike of bright lights
  • Drowsiness
  • Fits
  • The person may be confused or disoriented.

drew81

I was at the Studios the day this happened. How sad and scary.

It was wierd being at the Studios and not hearing screams from the tower. There were cm's all around the tower.

Were you there that day MKT?

I.M.Fearless

I really don't mean to cause a fuss or debate about this, but I want to point out a couple of things from what I think is the witness account.
1. The girl's mother at first asked to not call the paramedics.
2. Parts of the report mentioned the girl having leg cramps and headaches for a couple of days before the incident.
So I think it may be safe to assume for now that this was a pre-existing condition.
BTW, did we ever really find out if the poor girl survived?

tigsmom

I.M.Fearless said:
I really don't mean to cause a fuss or debate about this, but I want to point out a couple of things from what I think is the witness account.
1. The girl's mother at first asked to not call the paramedics.
2. Parts of the report mentioned the girl having leg cramps and headaches for a couple of days before the incident.
So I think it may be safe to assume for now that this was a pre-existing condition.
BTW, did we ever really find out if the poor girl survived?

She may have not wanted paramedics because she did not think her daughter's condition warranted it.(thank god the CMs called anyway).
Its summer in Florida... leg cramps can be a sympton of dehydration, something a lot of people experience.
Yes she survived, but is in critical/grave condition... I can't remember which it was stated as.

wannab@dis

tigsmom said:
Its summer in Florida... leg cramps can be a sympton of dehydration, something a lot of people experience

Very true... headaches can also be caused by dehydration. I'm glad they called in help, if nothing else, it shows that Disney CM's try to look after the guests.

se8472

TheDScoop said:
On another site where we posted this, another person made the interesting observation that the Tower of Terror apparently has an actual physical address...

I think most rides do, at least the larger ones.

CAPTAIN HOOK

The trip to WDW was a treat by the girls parents for her end of year exams - they'll never forgive themselves even though it appears to be a pre-existing condition

tigsmom

wdwishes2005 said:
isn't meningitis extremely contagious?

if it was meningitis wouldn't they have taken a bunch of people into quarentine and shutdown MGM?

" Yes, some forms of bacterial meningitis are contagious. The bacteria are spread through the exchange of respiratory and throat secretions (i.e., coughing, kissing). Fortunately, none of the bacteria that cause meningitis are as contagious as things like the common cold or the flu, and they are not spread by casual contact or by simply breathing the air where a person with meningitis has been."

You can read more here : http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/meningococcal_g.htm#What%20is%20meningitis

It was not meningitis, so there is no need for alarm

wdwishes2005

tigsmom said:
" Yes, some forms of bacterial meningitis are contagious. The bacteria are spread through the exchange of respiratory and throat secretions (i.e., coughing, kissing). Fortunately, none of the bacteria that cause meningitis are as contagious as things like the common cold or the flu, and they are not spread by casual contact or by simply breathing the air where a person with meningitis has been."

You can read more here : http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/meningococcal_g.htm#What%20is%20meningitis

It was not meningitis, so there is no need for alarm

thanx for the info, tigsmom, i thought that it wouldn't be because they probably would have shut down sunset blvrd and alerted people, so they wouldn't spread it farther.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom