Tower of Terror has been getting into an even worse shape

Rodj

Original Poster
I have been looking at recent videos and I am getting even more disappointed in TDO. Here is an update of its current status of things that I have noticed:

The Good:
Alpha issues seem to be finally solved for now, the doors have been opening up on time now. That's literally all they have done.

The Bad:
-Echo: Fake "tease" sound that plays when the AGV enters the drop shaft no longer plays.
-Echo might possibly be profile locked as well now. I need someone to confirm this, but recent videos on Echo have all been the "big drops" profile that Foxtrot is locked on currently.
-Echo: Profile motion start delay from the audio is increased slightly more now
-Foxtrot: One of the VVC ceiling Memory Maker lights in the back row is not coming on anymore
-Echo: When the Memory Maker "LED flash" happens, the left outside spotlight stays on full brightness from the flash and doesn't go back to normal brightness like the right side and the ceiling ones do.

Why is TDO making the ToT get into this bad of a condition? It shocked me that they are not even caring about the Memory Maker system now. I do think though that they have purposely made both shafts profile locked, as the profile it is locked to I believe stays at the top the shortest, which is timed better with the Memory Maker slow motion part of the video.

TwilightZone

Why is TDO making the ToT get into this bad of a condition? It shocked me that they are not even caring about the Memory Maker system now. I do think though that they have purposely made both shafts profile locked, as the profile it is locked to I believe stays at the top the shortest, which is timed better with the Memory Maker slow motion part of the video.
My theory: they are replacing it.
I'm no insider but lack of love is one of the signs of closure and replacement.

Willmark

“Generic” Twilight zone themed over the ability to slap some Marvel IP on it? We all know what wins out here.

spacemtnfanatic

Then I take it that Imagination, The Seas w/ Nemo, Muppets 3D, Space Mountain,Test Track , Autopia and several others will be closing and replaced?
If they could figure out a way to do it that didn’t affect attendance and saved enough money - you know they would do it in a heartbeat.

Hell - if they could make better profits on just operating Disney Springs and closing all four parks, you know they would.

Tom Morrow

Tower of Terror has been among their most neglected, poor show quality E-tickets for near a decade now. Every time I ride it it's even more pathetic. Everyone who says it's fine is simply used to it being bad because it has been bad for so long.

spock

My theory: they are replacing it.
I'm no insider but lack of love is one of the signs of closure and replacement.

I was thinking the same thing. I live in CA and when I first found out they were replacing our ToT with Guardians, I was devastated. Always thought it had the best theming of any Disney attraction and although I love the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, I thought it would ruin an otherwise fantastic attraction. If it's any comfort to anyone worried the same might happen to the FL version (which I realize it still might not be), the new Guardians versions is the BEST!!! I absolutely love it and it's my new favorite Disney attraction.

spock

“Generic” Twilight zone themed over the ability to slap some Marvel IP on it? We all know what wins out here.

I do remember reading an interview with Iger where he said any new theme park attractions from here on out would always be based on IP. Of course, after his tenure ends, who knows?

dieboy

among their most neglected, poor show quality E-tickets for near a decade now. Every time I ride it it's even more pathetic. Everyone who says it's fine is simply used to it being ba

I rode it as a 'beta' rider/guest, approx one week before opening. Then proceeded to ride it a dozen times in the following years. Sadly I don't think I want to ride it again if this is what its become (have not been on it in probably ten plus years).

Hayley In Wonderland

I was thinking the same thing. I live in CA and when I first found out they were replacing our ToT with Guardians, I was devastated. Always thought it had the best theming of any Disney attraction and although I love the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, I thought it would ruin an otherwise fantastic attraction. If it's any comfort to anyone worried the same might happen to the FL version (which I realize it still might not be), the new Guardians versions is the BEST!!! I absolutely love it and it's my new favorite Disney attraction.
I believe it's been confirmed that it will not be converted into GOTG, at least not any time in the future, especially with so many new attractions coming to HWS - I might be wrong though, and getting it muddled with DLP TOT, so don't take my word on that.

My theory is they can't do anything to repair it since they don't have the facility to close it for a long enough period of time due to how many attractions that HWS is missing. Once SW:GE opens, I reckon they will then maybe closing for a much needed extended refurb, ready in time for the 50th.

Marc Davis Fan

My theory is they can't do anything to repair it since they don't have the facility to close it for a long enough period of time due to how many attractions that HWS is missing. Once SW:GE opens, I reckon they will then maybe closing for a much needed extended refurb, ready in time for the 50th.

During slow times (like, say, right now), they can work on the Echo side while just running Foxtrot, and work on the Foxtrot side while just running Echo. And that is exactly what they should be doing before the SWGE rush.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They don’t need to close to address the show quality issues though. They’re all fixable during 3rd shift.
During slow times (like, say, right now), they can work on the Echo side while just running Foxtrot, and work on the Foxtrot side while just running Echo. And that is exactly what they should be doing before the SWGE rush.
They can only do so during slow times, and there aren’t many of those left anymore. When the foxtrot motor was replaced last year they ran echo only. It caused mayhem.

EOD K9

Can someone define E-Ticket for me?
I'm not sure if you're serious or not so I will answer the question.
Many moons ago you paid a park admission and each ride needed a separate ticket to ride (Beatles). There would be a coupon book lettered A through E. The simpler the attraction, the lower the letter. The best and most popular would be an E ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom