Tower of Terror effects status watch

NobodyElse

- library TVs replaced with HDTVs that are backlit the entire time

As has been stated elsewhere in this thread, this can be mitigated by turning the back-lights off when the video isn't running.

Better yet, they should switch to OLED displays. Especially with a good 4k display, one could effectively simulate an old CRT, and completely avoid the back-light issue.

Chet Dakota

You're only half-crazy! Each shaft has two figures in the middle of the shaft, the spot where there is some light leak from air vents. They are actually figures of the "ghosts" (and are supposed to have lighting effects, but as Martin pointed out, are currently not working)
I can’t tell you how many times I have ridden through the years...maybe 50 or so, maybe more. Anyway, on our trip in January 2019 was the first time I have ever seen one of these ghost figures. I didn’t know that they existed and I was never looking for them. Just glanced over and saw one.

Hope this gets fixed to whatever the effect is supposed to be in the 2019 refurb.

That Guy

I had to have a friend point out the mannequin of the little girl. (The shaft closer to RnR) He claims she would sometimes say, "Bye Bye" before you dropped again in one of the sequences. He said it was the only time he was ever truly scared at an amusement park. I really hope they fix this, because it sounds like a fun thing to encourage re-rides. Does anyone know if there were individual audio segments for each character or was he hearing the 6 year old in the row behind him?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I had to have a friend point out the mannequin of the little girl. (The shaft closer to RnR) He claims she would sometimes say, "Bye Bye" before you dropped again in one of the sequences. He said it was the only time he was ever truly scared at an amusement park. I really hope they fix this, because it sounds like a fun thing to encourage re-rides. Does anyone know if there were individual audio segments for each character or was he hearing the 6 year old in the row behind him?
I forget which mannequins are in which shaft but both have them. Neither have audio from what I know, but there are compressed air blast canons that don’t always work but make a loud noise when they fire.

Rodj

Ill give an update on the ToT from both my visit on March 31st and from a live stream of this week. Refurbishment has not started yet. Foxtrot's sign speakers(unless if it is the top shaft speakers) can be heard all the way over to RnRC, same cant be said about Echo, the only time I heard it was near RnRC from the VVC speakers. Foxtrot's VVC speakers are quiet though, as the sign/top of the shaft speakers drown it out a little. Alpha, Charlie, and Delta's window projection at the hallway scene were at what I think is a good brightness level, but Bravo's was bright where you can see the black background lit up a little from the projection. One thing that struck me odd is that the paintings to the sides of the window are flip-flopped between Alpha and Bravo, and Charlie and Delta(IE the face portrait was on the left side of the window on Bravo and Charlie while on Delta and Alpha it was on the right side of the window). Unfortunately halfway through the day on my visit, half of the bottom outside door set got stuck closed, I let some of the CM know about it, however from a live stream today, both are staying closed, which means Foxtrot is just like Echo now.

Rodj

Update: Echo's VVC speakers are shot/no longer working, which means the only audio heard for the drop sequence is the extra sound effects from the shaft/sign speakers.
I also found out that a week ago, Foxtrot's middle door set was also not working(but it is now).

Rodj

As of recently, Foxtrot is starting to get messed up drop sequence audio levels like Echo had, and the mechanical sounds as you enter the drop shaft are unfortunately pretty quiet now. On a stream today, they had Echo's outside doors open(besides 11's).

sallyslater

Ill give an update on the ToT from both my visit on March 31st and from a live stream of this week. Refurbishment has not started yet. Foxtrot's sign speakers(unless if it is the top shaft speakers) can be heard all the way over to RnRC, same cant be said about Echo, the only time I heard it was near RnRC from the VVC speakers. Foxtrot's VVC speakers are quiet though, as the sign/top of the shaft speakers drown it out a little. Alpha, Charlie, and Delta's window projection at the hallway scene were at what I think is a good brightness level, but Bravo's was bright where you can see the black background lit up a little from the projection. One thing that struck me odd is that the paintings to the sides of the window are flip-flopped between Alpha and Bravo, and Charlie and Delta(IE the face portrait was on the left side of the window on Bravo and Charlie while on Delta and Alpha it was on the right side of the window). Unfortunately halfway through the day on my visit, half of the bottom outside door set got stuck closed, I let some of the CM know about it, however from a live stream today, both are staying closed, which means Foxtrot is just like Echo now.

Where is the painting you mentioned? Is it in the actual drop shaft?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Ill give an update on the ToT from both my visit on March 31st and from a live stream of this week. Refurbishment has not started yet. Foxtrot's sign speakers(unless if it is the top shaft speakers) can be heard all the way over to RnRC, same cant be said about Echo, the only time I heard it was near RnRC from the VVC speakers. Foxtrot's VVC speakers are quiet though, as the sign/top of the shaft speakers drown it out a little. Alpha, Charlie, and Delta's window projection at the hallway scene were at what I think is a good brightness level, but Bravo's was bright where you can see the black background lit up a little from the projection. One thing that struck me odd is that the paintings to the sides of the window are flip-flopped between Alpha and Bravo, and Charlie and Delta(IE the face portrait was on the left side of the window on Bravo and Charlie while on Delta and Alpha it was
I've said before and I'll say it again, Tower of Terror has perhaps the worst show quality in all of WDW. It doesn't deserve this. If this current extended refurbishment doesn't fix the show issues then there is no hope, they simply do not care.

@DisneyJayL

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've said before and I'll say it again, Tower of Terror has perhaps the worst show quality in all of WDW. It doesn't deserve this. If this current extended refurbishment doesn't fix the show issues then there is no hope, they simply do not care.
Amazingly Disneyland Paris’ show quality put Orlando to shame last week. Including Tower.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I wonder if this is a case of Disney Parks being too big? God knows, $hapek doesn't care for them. At least Kalogridis had the sense to reject Mission Cheapout.

Rodj

I got a new update, and it ain't good, I think I missed it from the last live stream but when I was watching another one from today, I noticed the fake motor in the boiler room for Alpha and Bravo has stopped working entirely, only the sound effect plays for it but the actual motor isn't working.

Last edited:

Rodj

After some thinking, I believe that why the sound effect entering the drop shaft is quieter now entering the drop shaft is that they switched what speaker it plays out of. Previously, it always played out of the VVC speakers however now that the sound effect returned on Echo despite the VVC speakers not working, I think it got switched to play out of the shaft speakers instead. I do hope in the future that once the speakers get fixed, that the sound effect is switched back to play out of the VVC speakers so it is more audible again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom