Tower of Terror and Dr. Dooms Fear Fall

woofboy111

Original Poster
I have a few questions about free falls, and I'll start with the non Disney ones. I know That free fall rides like Dr Doom at IoA are powered by compressed air (that explains all of the hissing noise you hear), but how are the cars attaced to this
"air?" If you look at the ride, the cars are just flying up and down the towers, with nothing attaced to them. Anyone know how this works?

Now for my ToT question...Does tower of terror go up and down with compressed air, or with motors?

the ceo at wdw

on dr. doom the cars or held by cables and the cables run straight to the top and back down inside the tube thing the air goes througha piston at the bottom and drives the piston to turn and makes the cable go up and down and so forth i belive thats how its done.
the dr. doom kind of free fall was created and made by S&S POWER

ok laterzzz

Chad

I was pretty sure that the compressed air was just used in the initial launch, it just shoots you up, then the cables lower you back down...

woofboy111

Original Poster
I'm not sure if thats how it works. I think it all is compressed air untill the very end when you are getting lowered back into the building. If you listen to the air (it's kind of hard to hear when you're on the ride, but wait out front and listen). Before the ride blasts off, you hear the air tanks filling up. Then after you shoot off, you hear a bang which is the air reversing direction. About a second after this the cars are shot down, and then up, and then down, and then up, and then down. IF you notice, there are the same amount of air tanks in the tower for each time the ride is shot up and down. (As you could tell, I spend a lot of time studying this ride!!!)

Sheri

We have one in Ct also, it used 2 be Hellevator but since they switched parks itz now Scream! ( Parx went from Riverside 2 6 flagz )

disney2b

here the air tanks are used as you thought, they are used during the whole ride because if they werent then how would you fly up into the ari after the first launch. that is why the cable is attached. anymore questions on this.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by disney2b
here the air tanks are used throught the whole because if they werent then how would you fly up into the. that is why the cable is attached. anymore questions on this.

I hope you don't find this insulting, but your post doesn't make much sense to me...Could you clarify?

SW-FL

Account Suspended
There's also a S&S tower ride at the new Magical Midway on International Drive. It's said to be an older model of the ride and came to Orlando from another park.

woofboy111

Original Poster
I belive that it's older. It only holds 9 people instead of Universal's 16 people for each tower. It also doesn't go that high. It just makes it above the halfway mark going up the tower.

Do you know what park the ride came from?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom