Tower of Terror 13K *night* marathon

packwingfn

Sweet I'm doing the college program then, I'm not much a runner nowadays but hell I'll pay the $25 to watch people run and enjoy the atmosphere.

surfsupdon

Just booked a room at Dolphin for the weekend. Now waiting to see when I can book my race from Disney.

This is my first race there, so I am excited.

sunshine

Just booked a room at Dolphin for the weekend. Now waiting to see when I can book my race from Disney.

This is my first race there, so I am excited.

That's great! If you like running, and you like Disney, you will love running at Disney! At least that's my opinion. Disney has the resources and the experience to host fun, well-organized running events.

:)

surfsupdon

That's great! If you like running, and you like Disney, you will love running at Disney! At least that's my opinion. Disney has the resources and the experience to host fun, well-organized running events.

:)

Oh great! I run there most mornings on vacation, but never competitively, unless of course you'd count me whooping my parents on our Disney courses. But yeah, this looks like a great first event to run. My mom signed up too.

ultramm

This is going to be a big party. The 6.5K filled almost 2 weeks ago and the 13K is already over 70% full. It will fill soon so if you want to go, better signup.

Disney does do good races. I have done the Goofy twice(3rd in Jan) and the Minnie Marathon weekend(5K on Sat & 15K on Sun) this last May. Will be there in Oct:)

GoofyFan1

I'm already registered for the 13K, can't wait. I'll be staying at the Caribbean beach resort and just realized today that I can fit in a day at the Food and Wine festival at Epcot.:sohappy:

GoofyFan1

EpcotServo, it is my understanding that you and/or any other ToT fans can still come to this event. It is not only for those who are running. As someone else pointed out, there is a ticket price for the party only and I think it was only $25 or something like that. So Disney's not really leaving anyone out. I mean, it's just the anniversary of a single attraction. It's not like they're going to go all out. This event seems fun to me.

From the Disney Website:
Entry Fees for this event include an exclusive race party which will last from 9:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. The party will include a live band. The following attractions will be open for the party: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® starring AEROSMITH, and The Great Movie Ride. You can buy additional party tickets for your friends and family. If your friends and family want to watch the race, they must buy a party ticket. Everyone will need a party ticket to enter Disney-MGM Studios from 9:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. There will be no spectator viewing available outside of Disney-MGM Studios.

I guess you could call and check.:shrug:

ultramm

Anyone can buy the tickets online now or at the expo. It is meant more for friends and family but is open to anyone with $25.

ultramm

I will probably be walking this race. Is that fine as long as I made the time limitation of the race?

Disney doesn't care as long as you meet the cut times. I walk all my races including the Goofy since blowing out both Achilles and having surgery on both in 2003:(

GoofyFan1

This is going to be a big party. The 6.5K filled almost 2 weeks ago and the 13K is already over 70% full. It will fill soon so if you want to go, better signup.

Disney does do good races. I have done the Goofy twice(3rd in Jan) and the Minnie Marathon weekend(5K on Sat & 15K on Sun) this last May. Will be there in Oct:)

Hope to see you down there.

This is going to be my first Disney race, and my first distance race since 1978, my freshman year of CC. (I was a hurdler in HS) When do they usualy post the race course map?

ultramm

Hope to see you down there.

This is going to be my first Disney race, and my first distance race since 1978, my freshman year of CC. (I was a hurdler in HS) When do they usualy post the race course map?

I just received this from Disney last week.

The course map will be posted in September.

We have been working through some road construction issues that caused a course modification.

EPCOT.nut

Thanks, Ultramm, for bumping this thread! I've never heard of the marathons in WDW before. My sister and I are going to enter this week. The only problem is that I am not a runner! :ROFLOL: :eek:

So we have 9 weeks to get into some kind of shape before this event.
I don't want to go and be totally lame (no pun intended). :eek:

ultramm

Don't forget to bring a camera. If you visit my website, you can see I took 300 pics between the 1/2 and full marathon in Jan when did the Goofy!

It should be pretty neat as they usually have characters on the course. CM's their to take your pic with the characters.

EPCOT.nut

I saw your website in your signature and have been checking it out just now. There's a lot going on!

I am such a typical woman - I decided to register and thought..."Now what do I need to start working up to this run..?" SHOES! YAY! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

I am about to register online right now. :eek:

GoofyFan1

I just received this from Disney last week.

The course map will be posted in September.

We have been working through some road construction issues that caused a course modification.

Thanks. Your insight into the Disney race experience has been helpful. I've been checking out your site and hope to run more Disney races...If my school administrators don't give me a hard time about adding a personal day on to a weekend.

I'm really looking forward to this race. I chose this as my first race because of the flatness in Florida. There aren't too many places here, except the track at the school I coach at, that are flat. Each route I've mapped out has at least one substantial hill involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom