Towel Service

correcaminos

Ohhh ok. Thanks for the update. I feel like they're always changing the rules, I can't keep up.
This one was more quiet at first. I am pretty sure it was fall of 2019 when they quietly started changing info cards about coffee even and early 2020 when it was reported. So coffee is in there too.

At Kidani 18 months ago they just parked carts of fresh towels in the hallway for guests to take from. Not sure how widespread that practice is
Never seen that before tbh. I've seen carts outside of rooms mousekeeping was in, but not a free for all. Still pretty easy to get more now.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Never seen that before tbh. I've seen carts outside of rooms mousekeeping was in, but not a free for all. Still pretty easy to get more now.
I hadn’t seen it before either. These didn’t look like room cleaning carts, they were more like giant bookshelves on wheels, 5 or 6 feet tall and 4 or 5 feet wide, and parked in the hallway all day and night. I should have grabbed a picture.

correcaminos

I hadn’t seen it before either. These didn’t look like room cleaning carts, they were more like giant bookshelves on wheels, 5 or 6 feet tall and 4 or 5 feet wide, and parked in the hallway all day and night. I should have grabbed a picture.
I didn't doubt it happened, just never saw that. Pretty cool they had that. I don't think I've seen carts like that before either. Really cool if they did! Probably got tired of people taking towels from the pool and having to sort them so they did that before the official change 😆
(Kidding)

Club Cooloholic

Was not there last visit but maybe after Covid they shall return!

i<3riviera

I remember seeing these too at most of the resorts (Sep/Oct 2020); the four I vividly remember were Kidani, BRV, RVA, and VGF but I think they were at all the resorts; Kidani, BRV, and RVA I remember because it was parked right by our room; RVA and VGF's were also fancier looking so that's where the extra points go I suppose

I was under the impression they were staging carts for the cleaning folks so they had supplies more readily accessible than the central supply but who knows

here's the official policy on free towels (pick your resort / Amenities & Recreation / Laundry and Housekeeping Services) ...
1615171524007.png

ToTBellHop

I remember seeing these too at most of the resorts (Sep/Oct 2020); the four I vividly remember were Kidani, BRV, RVA, and VGF but I think they were at all the resorts; Kidani, BRV, and RVA I remember because it was parked right by our room; RVA and VGF's were also fancier looking so that's where the extra points go I suppose

I was under the impression they were staging carts for the cleaning folks so they had supplies more readily accessible than the central supply but who knows

here's the official policy on free towels (pick your resort / Amenities & Recreation / Laundry and Housekeeping Services) ...
View attachment 537882
Wonder why they don’t include laundry detergent for studios. You still have free laundry, just not in your room.

i<3riviera

Wonder why they don’t include laundry detergent for studios. You still have free laundry, just not in your room.
they do have it in vending machines in the laundry rooms for 1 USD per pack; I'm thinking it's just a minimal charge to encourage people to not waste the laundry detergent and they wanted to keep it centrally located so mousekeeping doesn't have to bother with it in the studios

I had trouble with the CCV laundry detergent vending machine when using my credit card; I think there was some communication problem between the machine and the card processor so I couldn't get any laundry soap; when I went to the front desk to ask what I could do they just gave me a bottle of liquid detergent good for two loads that they put in the 1b+ rooms; I offered to pay for it but they refused so my laundry trip ended up being 2 USD cheaper and I had some extra pep in my step; used that 2 USD towards dues a few months later ...

View attachment 537882
I agree the carts are staging carts for housekeeping, not meant for guests to help themselves.

the housekeeping carts I have seen were not that tall at all. Likely 3-4 feet tall. 5-6 would be taller than me and I've never seen any taller than me before like that.
and I have never seen any only 3-4 feet tall! You know a doorknob is 3 foot high. You have seen housekeeping carts that low????
A light switch is 4 ft, 2in high. You have seen housekeeping carts that were not as high as a light switch???

Last edited:

CastAStone

Premium Member
and I have never seen any only 3-4 feet tall! You know a doorknob is 3 foot high. You have seen housekeeping carts that low????
A light switch is 4 ft, 2in high. You have seen housekeeping carts that were not as high as a light switch???
Yes most housekeeping carts are shorter than 4’2”.

for example this very normal sized on is 3’6” https://www.restaurantsupply.com/me...lus-standard-height-polymer-housekeeping-cart

Anyway it’s not a housekeeping cart literally the only thing in it is towels and they don’t get moved over the course of the week. It’s obviously placed there as staging for towels. The one I had outside my room at AoA this month was narrower than the Kidani one and had doors but the one outside my room at Kidani didn’t have doors. It’s not 100% clear if they’re staging for housekeeping or for guests but they’re clearly towel staging.

correcaminos

Was that really needed? They are likely 4 feet tall or just under. A 5-6' tall cart is taller than 5' tall me - that was the point. Every cart I've seen lately has been under my chin but from what I recall somewhere chest height. Nothing that much taller than me.

I've seen bigger at the pool but not inside.

Yes most housekeeping carts are shorter than 4’2”.

for example this very normal sized on is 3’6” https://www.restaurantsupply.com/me...lus-standard-height-polymer-housekeeping-cart

Anyway it’s not a housekeeping cart literally the only thing in it is towels and they don’t get moved over the course of the week. It’s obviously placed there as staging for towels. The one I had outside my room at AoA this month was narrower than the Kidani one and had doors but the one outside my room at Kidani didn’t have doors. It’s not 100% clear if they’re staging for housekeeping or for guests but they’re clearly towel staging.
All the housekeeping carts I have seen at WDW resorts and DVC resorts are 5-6 ft high. Quite large, like the ones by the pool.
I have never seen any small ones like in the link you provided anywhere, even in a small Holiday Inn or similar motel.

Edit: I did see one that size in a hotel I stayed at for a cousin's wedding about 10 years ago. It was a small 3 floor hotel with about 60 rooms.

Last edited:

CastAStone

Premium Member
All the housekeeping carts I have seen at WDW resorts and DVC resorts are 5-6 ft high. Quite large, like the ones by the pool.
I have never seen any small ones like in the link you provided anywhere, even in a small Holiday Inn or similar motel.
If they were that tall the person pushing wouldn’t be able to see over them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom