Towel Buddies at DS Resorts

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can absolutely take the towel animals home. They just charge your card for the linens. There is a rate chart somewhere in your room. Just add up the individual elements (1 hand towel, 2 face cloths, etc).

You weren't expecting them to be free we're you?
They do not charge you for them if you take it so that is not true. It is true that you are allowed to take them as they are considered a gift. I have had a butterfly made for me with a wash rag and colored pipe cleaners with a cute quote on a printed card, and took it home and was not charged for it. This was not that long ago at Kidani Village.
Also it was confirmed by someone/manager/mousekeeping at a hotel that they are made so you can take them as a gift. :)

Disneyhead'71

They do not charge you for them if you take it so that is not true. It is true that you are allowed to take them as they are considered a gift. I have had a butterfly made for me with a wash rag and colored pipe cleaners with a cute quote on a printed card, and took it home and was not charged for it. This was not that long ago at Kidani Village.
Also it was confirmed by someone/manager/mousekeeping at a hotel that they are made so you can take them as a gift. :)
Thanks for the clarification.

Tom

Beta Return
I am completely dumbfounded by the supposed "fact" that you can take bath towels home without being charged. In the past several years, there's been a minimum of one towel creation in our room upon check-in. That's a LOT of "free" towels they're supposedly giving away.

We've disassembled them and used them as extra bath towels, or pool towels, in the past. I can't say that I've studied every inch of them, but they've never stricken me as being worn out, torn or otherwise ready to be trashed.

Are people sure you're not just stealing them?

sxeensweet

I am completely dumbfounded by the supposed "fact" that you can take bath towels home without being charged. In the past several years, there's been a minimum of one towel creation in our room upon check-in. That's a LOT of "free" towels they're supposedly giving away.

We've disassembled them and used them as extra bath towels, or pool towels, in the past. I can't say that I've studied every inch of them, but they've never stricken me as being worn out, torn or otherwise ready to be trashed.

Are people sure you're not just stealing them?
Yes as others have noted on here the front desk, managers, or mousekeeping have told many people they can take them. The only ones you are not supposed to take are the Mickey heads they make with the large bath towels etc. Most towel animals are made from washcloths or hand towels not the large bath towels that the Mickey heads are made from. :)

polynesiangirl

Mousekeeping made my son a few last year at AoA...a starfish and octopus and fish, all with stickers for eyes. There were rubber bands involved. Our housekeeper saw us in the hallway and told us to take them home, and now they live on a shelf in my son's room. Super cute. Never got them at WL or YC or BLT.

Same here but it was at the Poly. They were dogs. We still have them around here somewhere...

NiarrNDisney

I was also informed that we were allowed to keep the towel animal birds that were left on our beds one year! Unfortunately they have not survived since!

Tom

Beta Return
Yes as others have noted on here the front desk, managers, or mousekeeping have told many people they can take them. The only ones you are not supposed to take are the Mickey heads they make with the large bath towels etc. Most towel animals are made from washcloths or hand towels not the large bath towels that the Mickey heads are made from. :)

So, the answer to the OP would be "some of them", in that case. Because the OP asked if you can take towel animals home.

Seems like a difficult distinction to make, since most rules need to be black & white for humans to handle. You can either take free towels home, or you can't. Saying, "You can take some of them home, if they're made with smaller towels and/or if the towels appear to be old, but you can't take all of them home, or we'll charge you."

sxeensweet

So, the answer to the OP would be "some of them", in that case. Because the OP asked if you can take towel animals home.

Seems like a difficult distinction to make, since most rules need to be black & white for humans to handle. You can either take free towels home, or you can't. Saying, "You can take some of them home, if they're made with smaller towels and/or if the towels appear to be old, but you can't take all of them home, or we'll charge you."
You can take all of them home. Lol A Mickey head is not a towel animal! Lol That is the only one that I know of or heard of that is usually made with the large bath towels. :)

PoorSkippy

I mean, they cover them with stickers and stick pipe cleaners through them. Can you imagine them then cycling them through the wash and leaving them in a room for guests to use? They're meant to be taken or they are likely trashed (or, I'm afraid...maybe passed on to another room, who knows). If you want to leave yours behind--as I'm sure most people do, myself included--go ahead. The people who take them are not being charged.

PoorSkippy

You can take all of them home. Lol A Mickey head is not a towel animal! Lol That is the only one that I know of or heard of that is usually made with the large bath towels. :)

Right. They are laid out in a Mickey shape, but don't try and guess based on the age/quality of the towel that it's a towel animal you can take home. Sorry, but those are your towels for the day! ;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Can I take the TV, bed covers and shower curtain whilst I am at it? :p

I have never taken any towel animals home since I assumed that would be stealing.. (and who knows who has had them before you and what they have done with them) but I do like to take the shampoo and soap they leave home :)
Yeah, even if the maid tells me I can take the drapes with me, she is merely an employee, and we all know that Disney front line cast members are not the most knowledgeable about the operational expenses of running a theme park.

In other words, she may be aiding and abetting a crime.

jloucks

Yeah, even if the maid tells me I can take the drapes with me, she is merely an employee, and we all know that Disney front line cast members are not the most knowledgeable about the operational expenses of running a theme park.

In other words, she may be aiding and abetting a crime.
Somebody told me , yea thats it, to take the coffee machine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom