Towel Buddies at DS Resorts

JasonP

Original Poster
So, I just recently heard this and can't believe it's true. I have heard that if 'Mousekeeping' creates a towel animal for you, you can keep it. As in take the towels animal home. Has anyone else heard this? I don't believe it but had to ask.

jgj123

We've always had towel animals at Pop Century when staying with my niece and nephew. I don't think we've ever taken them home.

jloucks

Just out of curiosity.........why would you want to take one home?

You can't think of a single reason!?!?

1) They are cute
2) If you open them up, you can use them as a towel
3) Your dog would enjoy gnawing on them
4) You can use them as a headrest
5) They look good as a bed decoration
6) ...as a table decoration
7) ...as a couch decoration
8) You can rub one on your cat, just because
9) Great memento
10) Conversation piece
11) You could reverse engineer one and create an army
12) You could collect them like Beanie Babies
13) You could cry on one when you are sad, and that would make you happy
14) You could set up several at a table and have a tea party
15) You could drive one around in the car and use the HOV lane
16) If you spill something, BAM, problem solved
17) If your in medical or nursing school, you could practice shots on your towel buddy
18) Give it to a random kid
19) Shoot at it for target practice
20) Christmas tree ornament
21) Soak it in oil and get and stick and torch!
22) Use it to keep things from banging into each other in suitcase
23) Hold up tablet while eating

...ok... I am bored with this now....

EpcoTim

I usually do miss the point, but you didn't make it clear that you were just curious.

Not sure why anyone would want to take a hotel towel home in the first place, so I guess I should of assumed you were just curious.

Disneyhead'71

You can absolutely take the towel animals home. They just charge your card for the linens. There is a rate chart somewhere in your room. Just add up the individual elements (1 hand towel, 2 face cloths, etc).

You weren't expecting them to be free we're you?

WedwayPM

Actually you absolutely CAN take them. I've asked at the front desk at Pop. The towel animals are made from towels that are at the end of their cycle. They are seperate from your daily towels. They end up getting tossed out if you don't take them. They are meant to be taken home as a souvenir.

Just to be clear...these are the little animals mousekeeping makes using stickers and buttons. NOT the Mickey head that usually appears on your bed when you check in.

puppawuppa

So, I just recently heard this and can't believe it's true. I have heard that if 'Mousekeeping' creates a towel animal for you, you can keep it. As in take the towels animal home. Has anyone else heard this? I don't believe it but had to ask.
Yes you can. We were at POP Century Oct 2014, during the halloween party at the resort the cast members showed the kids how to make them. All the kids were told they could keep them. My 3 granddaughters LOVED this.

LAM378

Mousekeeping made my son a few last year at AoA...a starfish and octopus and fish, all with stickers for eyes. There were rubber bands involved. Our housekeeper saw us in the hallway and told us to take them home, and now they live on a shelf in my son's room. Super cute. Never got them at WL or YC or BLT.

ninjaprincesst

You can and are supposed to take them, we have been told by the maids more than once to take them, and no they do not charge you for them. We have gotten towel animals at every resort that we have ever stayed at except the Contemporary. At the Wilderness Lodge we always get them every single night.

MaryJaneP

How are you supposed to pack them so they don't get crushed in your luggage?

Also stayed at CR, Poly and BC and never once had a towel animal on our beds (3 kids in room).

PoorSkippy

I've never kept them, but I know its permitted. You can tell they are thinner than the towels you're supposed to actually use (and mine have usually just been small, like washcloths).

AndyS2992

Can I take the TV, bed covers and shower curtain whilst I am at it? :p

I have never taken any towel animals home since I assumed that would be stealing.. (and who knows who has had them before you and what they have done with them) but I do like to take the shampoo and soap they leave home :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom