towel animals

tinkspal

I will be staying on site for the first time in my life:D !

I am SOOO excited!

I wondered if everyone could post pictures of their towel animals? I am very curious what they all look like.

Can you keep them?

Thank you!:wave:

tigsmom

It's important to mention that staying at a Disney resort does not guarentte yhat you will get towel animals in your room. We've stayed at most of the resorts there, and sometimes we got them, sometimes we didn't. Just don't go with the expectation of getting them and you won't be disappointed.
Have a great trip!

Right. It all depends on the mousekeeper' personality, how much work they have that day and whether or not they are proficient at towel origami.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

I'm not sure if this is an accurate correlation, but it seems that every time we have a stuffed animal in the room, the mousekeepers try to do something - be it a towel animal or putting some of our WDW souvenirs on the stuffed animal. Maybe they figure there's a kid in the room (or a kid-at-heart) and they're more likely to do something cute like that...?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I'm not sure if this is an accurate correlation, but it seems that every time we have a stuffed animal in the room, the mousekeepers try to do something - be it a towel animal or putting some of our WDW souvenirs on the stuffed animal. Maybe they figure there's a kid in the room (or a kid-at-heart) and they're more likely to do something cute like that...?

We always seem to have a plush out, the kids (and me too :eek: ) just love them. We almost always find them posed throughout the room.

019_19.jpg

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I had quite a few made for me on my trip in May 2005...none during last year's trip.

Anyway...here they are...

A smiley face on the hand towel:

100_0443.jpg

toothbrush holder:

100_0528.jpg

bunnies:

100_0526.jpg

Mickey and Minnie:

100_0529.jpg

Upvote 0

StarWolf

We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for 5 days and then Pop for 7 days last year. All our animals came from CBR. None from Pop. We're staying at Pop this time for the whole time. Hope we get some.

HPIM0822-small.jpg

HPIM0799-small.jpg

HPIM0693-small.jpg

Upvote 0

1DisneyDad

If we leave a tip they always do them for us. Not that you should have to tip but it helps get the animals!

We had cool ghosts hanging in our room at Halloween last year.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Could be wrong. Sorry. Every time we've left a tip they done them. Can't hurt?!?

We always leave a tip, but don't always get them. It depends on the mousekeeper and how much time they have. I was told that some make them up in advance so they don't fall behind. :shrug:

Upvote 0

1DisneyDad

We always leave a tip, but don't always get them. It depends on the mousekeeper and how much time they have. I was told that some make them up in advance so they don't fall behind. :shrug:

Thanks for the info. Guess we've been lucky. Have great time at WL. It's the best!

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
We stayed at POP at Christmas time. The first day we were in the room, we were greated with a washcloth puppy. We put up our own Christmas tree and forgot to bring the ornaments. So, we put the puppy in the tree. Every day that we came back to the room we had a new washcloth animal. We got two birds in a boat, puppies, bunnies, and something else that I can not remember.

We also bought the holiday train set to put under the tree. My son decided to decorate the tree with the train tracks. We tied dental floss to the characters that came with the trainset, and we bent the tree branches around the train sections.

Housekeeping came in and put rubberbands on mickey stickers and hung them on the tree, tied a small bags on our tree (bows), and did a few other things. They were awesome. When Christmas came, we had a beautiful tree. I would post a picture, but I am in the middle of a move and only have my laptop. No files :mad: . We left the housekeeping a very nice tip.

Upvote 0

Myfamilyvacatio

I loved towel animals so much I ended up searching online and finding books and DVDs on how to make them. The books weren't very good but the DVDs were easy to follow. As far as keeping them on the www.FoldingMagic.com website they mention:
<< These wonderful artistic creations are fun & easy to make and will have your guests feeling extra special! Why just put out a guest towel when you can add a touch of style & fun to any guest room?>>

You wouldn't keep a guest towel at a friend's house or a hotel nor would you take home a fancy folded napkin when you go out to eat. These are just to enjoy and then use later. I know with my kids they don't want me to take them apart to use them! The one my son loves most that I learned on the DVD is the seal balancing a ball on it's nose. It uses 2 towels and doesn't take a long time. I'm getting so good at making them maybe I should start working cruise ships!

Mandy

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You wouldn't keep a guest towel at a friend's house
Mandy

I must move in different circles as none of my friends own multi million pound hotel chains, but if they did Im sure they wouldnt mind.

And they must be big animals if they are made from towels most of the ones Ive seen are of the face flannell type, no doubt made for less than 10cents in a third world sweat shop.
I take mine to the parks and even to other resorts when we go pool hoping, we pose them with the resort mugs we use year in year out. Its sort of a tradition.

Upvote 0

tunaman68

Our last mousekeeper at the POR was simply amazing!!

On a previous visit, we got a butterfly and a little duck, but this time, we hit the jackpot! We did tip every day, and had three rooms in our party, but we also took time to get to know her.

img1783ef5.jpg

img1784qq2.jpg

img1785ic5.jpg

img1786cr2.jpg

img1787fg4.jpg

img1846ce4.jpg

img1845cl1.jpg

Upvote 0

stitchtastic

We got Princess Fiona from Shrek when we stayed at POR in 2005. Our girls won so many toys at universal and bought so many souveniirs that the mousekeepers(really love that!) rearranged them around our room everyday. We always left a tip everyday and it was definitely the best mousekeeping we had. At univeral Royal Pacific we found the t-shirt of the previous occupant screwed up under the table. Though we did have a fabulous view of the Hulk!

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

the 2 times i was at pop century i got some displays.
once they arrainged some stuffed animals,once they put a washcloth around a plastic cup and put my toothbrush in it to make a sort of bird ,once i got a big towel bow on the bathtub and once i got a washcloth bird

Upvote 0

Mr Deltaco

We stayed at Pop last June/July. We were there for 10 nights, my son was also in our room. We pick up our room so there is not much to do but change the beds. We also left a tip for mousekeeping every day. $5.00 each day. We never did get a towel animal. Every night when we would come back to the hotel we would see all the towel animals in the windows and get excited, but we never had one in our room. We also stayed at All Star Sports for 7 nights a few years ago and never got a towel animal. How do you get one? Just luck?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom