Touring the Tunnels?

MnWildFan06

I dont believe so,but on the keys to the kingdom tour they do take you down there and show you alittle bit its very exciting,I loved that tour.

brkgnews

You usually get a five-to-ten-minute glimpse on both "Backstage Magic" and "Keys to the Kingdom," but there are no tours specifically devoted to the Utilidors.

joanna71985

There is no tour specifically for the tunnels, but on the Keys to the Kingdom tour you go see a little bit of it down by Main Street.

CThaddeus

I guess it depends on who your tour guide is and how interested your group appears. I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last month and we spent almost an hour walking around the Main Street Utilidor loop. Our guide stopped to show us numerous photos on the wall, showed us a video about costuming and other departments, took us by pin distribution, and showed us where the Utilidor branches off to go under the Castle. He thought we would be let down by it since it is "just a tunnel," but for some of us, it was the highlight of the tour.

k.hunter30

I guess it depends on who your tour guide is and how interested your group appears. I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last month and we spent almost an hour walking around the Main Street Utilidor loop. Our guide stopped to show us numerous photos on the wall, showed us a video about costuming and other departments, took us by pin distribution, and showed us where the Utilidor branches off to go under the Castle. He thought we would be let down by it since it is "just a tunnel," but for some of us, it was the highlight of the tour.
We were down there a good 45 min - 1 hour as well on that tour, though that was years ago. We saw a princess getting made-up, saw some costumes, an eating area, the "bus stop," etc. I got a kick out of our stop at the costume counter. Our guide went through everyone on our tour and told us who met the Disney dress code. I was wearing one too many rings that day... ;)

CBOMB

I'm still waiting for the Bathroom Stalls of the World Tour.
I've made that tour on several occasions. I normally take it simultaneously with the World Beer Tour at Epcot. It is really a great relief to get away from the crowds at the World Showcase. Come to think of it, it's a great relief in other ways also.

Texas84

My only complaint on the tour was that they showed us the door to the computer room but wouldn't let us in! :mad: :animwink:

Rob562

My only complaint on the tour was that they showed us the door to the computer room but wouldn't let us in! :mad: :animwink:

While Keys to the Kingdom doesn't go into the computer room, in the past the 7-hour Backstage Magic tour used to go in and see the parade control room. Don't know if that's a typical stop nowadays or not.

When I took the KTTK tour way back in 98 or 99, we had a great tour guide (with his own personal connection to Walt that he shared with us). We went down into the Utilidors through the shop that's between the entrance and exit of Philharmagic (blanking on the name), whose stairs came down right next to the computer room. Went just outside the entrance where the cast bus drops off, then in through costuming (back before cast zooming allowed the CMs to take their costumes home and they had to get fresh costumes daily) and the wig room. Then it was back upstairs through a door near Tinkerbell's Treasures.

Other backstage visits included the parade storage barn behind Splash, as well as over to the big water reservoir pit where all the water in Splash flows down to. (you do NOT want to fall in that water...) Then at the end of the tour, he led us back to the front of the park behind the Main Street West buildings to avoid the crowds starting to gather for the parade. (even got to look like VIPs as we got to cross over the roped-off Liberty Square bridge.) :animwink:

-Rob

bennyw01

"tunnels" are underground, the utilidoors dont drop below sea level at all, and are infact the 1st and ground floor of the magic kingdom. brilliant tour. cept i looking at the characters with no heads on is like catching your mum getting changed as a kid, you dont do it! ! !

harryk

Been on several of the 'back-stage' tours, they are all great (at least to me).

The back-stage tours try to keep it adults only, since they do not want to destroy the 'magic' for the young and are very selective regarding picture taking.

I found that the 7 hour back-stage tour was the best. The Christmas decoration tour was somewhat of a let-down when I took it due to some last minute time restraints - I'll take it again in a future year. (They made up for it by providing a special viewing area pass at the World Showcase for Illuminations - most wonderful!!!)

you can always sneak down and if you get caught just say youre lost. there's so many people down there im almost positive they wont notice you. when i worked for wdw i had a kid ask me how to get back up because he had snuck down and couldnt find his way back up...

Since1976

Was this meant as a sly comment to the group that has an event during this time? I'm sure you weren't meaning to be rude or mean to other board members who attend that weekend.

Yikes. I didn't really give a second thought to Vernon's comment on my post, but now that I think about it, it was inappropriate.

Way to make my non-sequitur into something not-so-nice. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom