Tour Group season is upon us

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Tour Group Season is here. The park super greeters are now out in the parks to deal with the South American tour groups.

Good luck everyone.

ToTBellHop

It's funny how this isn't an issue at all. They never affect my trips other than a passerby group chanting. I have had more issues with guests who visit year round from the states.
It's funny how awful WDW is in July in particular for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is large groups of rude teenagers who pretend not to speak English when convenient to them. Good to hear someone enjoys peak summer in WDW though.

note2001

It's funny how this isn't an issue at all. They never affect my trips other than a passerby group chanting. I have had more issues with guests who visit year round from the states.

Agreed. Americans really set the bar for bad behavior (not all of us, but all it takes is a few.)

That said, my daughter had quite the run-in with a BTG in a DHS Ladies Room a few years back. A number of girls stripped naked in front of the sinks to change. I realize in comparison to many other countries, we're absolute prudes here in the states, but Yeesh.

breakin2

Agreed. Americans really set the bar for bad behavior (not all of us, but all it takes is a few.)

That said, my daughter had quite the run-in with a BTG in a DHS Ladies Room a few years back. A number of girls stripped naked in front of the sinks to change. I realize in comparison to many other countries, we're absolute prudes here in the states, but Yeesh.
Pics?

docandsix

Dunno. I find a certain peace in the parks, absorbing the atmosphere, hearing the background music, and strolling with my family. The groups in question undoubtedly disturb the tone of the experience, making sure that they become the focus of the experience for everyone within earshot, taking the universal teenage propensity for making oneself the center of attention and franchising it with obnoxious chants and official t-shirts. Any attraction that demands a certain decorum (read, "just about all of them, except maybe Rock 'n' Roller Coaster") can be completely ruined by the chanting mobs and their indifferent, impudent behavior. Regardless what the touring plan says, rule number one for us is, "See where the South American tour group is going, and head the opposite direction."

Last edited:

Polydweller

Everything written about South American tour groups in this and other threads can equally be said about American tour groups visiting Canadian Niagara Falls in the summer. There is very little difference. Tour groups from any nation act as group, do things as a groups expect to visit things as a group and can be disruptive. You just adapt and avoid the group regardless of ethnicity.

disney4life2008

The south american groups are RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL! Last summer I brought one of my closest friends to MK for his birthday and the Argentina group (hundreds of them) were at the park that day. My friend is very flamboyant and while standing in line for Pirates - they insisted on making fun of him, pointing and laughing. It took every being in my body to not curse them out and for him to punch their lights out but they were young teenagers.

I welcome visitors from everywhere but they are just plain obnoxious. The worst is standing in line with them and they bring their flags out and chant their country. Even worst - Fantasmic if it happens to be multiple countries there it turns into a competition.

Cmdr_Crimson

c97ef08f62fa8809598017f88a21f2924bb2108531ce8b916f199d192e125d24.jpg

Dads 2 Boys

Everything written about South American tour groups in this and other threads can equally be said about American tour groups visiting Canadian Niagara Falls in the summer. There is very little difference. Tour groups from any nation act as group, do things as a groups expect to visit things as a group and can be disruptive. You just adapt and avoid the group regardless of ethnicity.

Completely disagree......do we chant? do we create mass havoc? (etc...)Perhaps some may misbehave but I've been there and the disruption is exponentially less than the South American tour groups in WDW.

This is not comparable.

hsisthebest

Completely disagree......do we chant? do we create mass havoc? (etc...)Perhaps some may misbehave but I've been there and the disruption is exponentially less than the South American tour groups in WDW.

This is not comparable.

Yes it is comparable. And timely too!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...craziest-fans-plan-to-take-over-the-world-cup

I try and be easy going on vacation and just avoid/ignore disruptors. Last time i was at WDW during tour group season I was newlywed... needless to say, my wife and were pretty much oblivious to everyone else around us and managed to have a great time.

Sped2424

Dunno. I find a certain peace in the parks, absorbing the atmosphere, hearing the background music, and strolling with my family. The groups in question undoubtedly disturb the tone of the experience, making sure that they become the focus of the experience for everyone within earshot, taking the universal teenage propensity for making oneself the center of attention and franchising it with obnoxious chants and official t-shirts. Any attraction that demands a certain decorum (read, "just about all of them, except maybe Rock 'n' Roller Coaster") can be completely ruined by the chanting mobs and their indifferent, impudent behavior. Regardless what the touring plan says, rule number one for us is, "See where the South Amefican tour group is going, and head the opposite direction."
This isn't a problem that is exclusive to brazilian tour groups. I have had many experiences ruined by common guests. Why during my first visit to the mine train I had to deal with a father calling his eight year old a spoiled b**** just because she asked to ride the ride during the 24 hour night. He continued to yell obscenities at her when he was waiting and complaining at how long the line is. I had to interrupt him and state that the line wasn't long and it moved quickly just to get him to stop attacking his little one. He was from the states. Point is chanting is in the least of my problems when it comes to rude guests.

Polydweller

This is not comparable.
Yes, it can be that bad in Niagara Falls. I've seen the chanting, the singing, I've seen tour groups push people aside, and it is very disruptive at times. Living nearby, oh yeah, it happens.

cr3346

Yes it is comparable. And timely too!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...craziest-fans-plan-to-take-over-the-world-cup

I try and be easy going on vacation and just avoid/ignore disruptors. Last time i was at WDW during tour group season I was newlywed... needless to say, my wife and were pretty much oblivious to everyone else around us and managed to have a great time.

That has got to be one of the worst examples ever given. In no way whatsoever is it comparable.

zarpman

I went to Disney's Animal Kimgdom one year during the height of the tour group season. Somehow my friend and I got loaded onto Kilamanjaro Safaris with the rest of the group. The tour guide was so annoyed that they kept screaming and chanting that he forwent the traditional script and started just pointing and saying jibberish at nothing just to placate the guests. Toward the end of the ride he noticed me and my friend, apologized, and offered us to ride again to get the real experience.

I know that Walt Disney World is a place to let loose and have fun, but when it comes to the inconvenience of others trying to do that same thing it becomes a problem. I have been on Kilamanjaro Safaris several times and knew that this wasn't the norm, but I had to explain to my friend what was going on. If I had been a first time visitor with my family, I would have been put off by the whole thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom