Tough decision here

mrs moon

Original Poster
Unsure between these choices of the Dolphin (being slightly dearer) or Port Orleans FQ in Oct this year
We are party of 3 ladies ,no car??

Raxel7851

It depends a lot on what you enjoy doing. I’m a huge POFQ fan. You can walk easily to Epcot and HS from the Dolphin. We enjoy the feel of a smaller resort like POFQ. Plus the boat ride to Disney Springs is so nice. I’m thinking the rooms at the Dolphin may be larger, but since I’ve never stayed there, maybe someone else can fill you in. We had 0 problems with the bus service to the parks.

Club Cooloholic

It depends a lot on what you enjoy doing. I’m a huge POFQ fan. You can walk easily to Epcot and HS from the Dolphin. We enjoy the feel of a smaller resort like POFQ. Plus the boat ride to Disney Springs is so nice. I’m thinking the rooms at the Dolphin may be larger, but since I’ve never stayed there, maybe someone else can fill you in. We had 0 problems with the bus service to the parks.
No car, spend the extra cash for the Dolphin

plutofan15

Depends on which parks you plan on spending the most time. If it is Hollywood Studios and Epcot, then the Dolphin. Can walk to the parks and have the option of the Boardwalk area. If it is Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, consider Port Orleans FQ. Have to bus to those parks from either resort. FQ does offer the great boat ride to Disney Springs which opens up a ton of shopping and dining. And FQ is one of the smaller resorts if that appeals to you.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

They are quite different in what each offers. You can go online and see what each offers and decide whats more to your taste. We as a family enjoy POFQ for the theming but being 3 adult women, the Dolphin might be more suited to you if you arent so into Disney theming. Dolphin does have a couple of great restaurants, has great location for visiting EP and DHS. Mini golfing and the Boardwalk is nearby if that interests you. It is more deluxe accommodations than POFQ. The choice for most is around the price difference, the location and the difference in the theming.

NelleBelle

When planning our trip for this summer, I was seriously looking at both Dolphin and FQ as well. What was difficult for me was that Dolphin has double beds whereas POFQ has queen beds. If it's just me in a double, that's fine, but if I'm sharing (even with DH, that's a tight squeeze when you're used to sleeping in a king). Plus, we have enormous teen boys (one is 6'1 and growing, the other is 6'3). So I was looking at having to get 2-rooms wherever we were staying (and with our rewards card at Marriott, it was about even). I pulled for Dolphin as it was within walking distance to HS & Epcot, is considered a Deluxe resort so you get the extended evening hours, and the Dolphin has way more options for eating that POFQ!! Those points alone are what were pushing me to book Dolphin (except I was outvoted by the "tightwad" DH and teen boys who wanted a vacation home with rec room and private pool 😡).

crawale

Unsure between these choices of the Dolphin (being slightly dearer) or Port Orleans FQ in Oct this year
Rooms at POFQ can be some distance from the bus stop and restaurants - a consideration if you want a quick snack and it is raining. That being said we enjoyed POFQ.

Sbk1234

I've never stayed at the Dolphin, but my feeling is I'd always choose an official Disney hotel, if given the choice. I know Dolphin isn't owned by Disney, so I'd go with POFQ. But that may just be me.

KellBelle

I have stayed at Swan and POFQ. I personally would go with Dolphin. We really loved Swan and can't wait to get back and stay there again. For us, the boats can't be beat.

Bugz

Ive stayed at Disney resorts many times until last year we stayed at the Dolphin and it just doesn't have that Disney magic , back to AOA this year , Caribbean the last 5 years

bennyw01

Dolphin is substantially better, location, services, everything! you got Disney resorts and two parks in walking distance, plus boats and skyliners! deluxe quality room.

HouCuseChickie

Dolphin...better location, bigger room, great beds, buses not as crowded, better food options. We've only stayed at Riverside, but we weren't fans and would take Swan or Dolphin any day over that location.

Sbk1234

This may sound like a ridiculous question, but does it feel less "Disney" to stay there? Do you get all the same perks as those guests staying at Disney hotels? I know Lewisc just said that guests can take advantage of extra evening hours, so that's good.

lewisc

This may sound like a ridiculous question, but does it feel less "Disney" to stay there? Do you get all the same perks as those guests staying at Disney hotels? I know Lewisc just said that guests can take advantage of extra evening hours, so that's good.
You can also use early hours. Buses go to TTC and not directly to the MK
Some guests walk to the YC or Boardwalk and take Disney buses. You can't charge Disney purchases back to your room. Restaurants are better. Not as much Disney themeing. Pool is one of the best on property

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom