Totally out there Rumor!!!

Jheyman

I heard since NJ is so far in debt that TWDC was going to buy our whole state and make the largest them park in history......:lookaroun :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott H

I live in Houston, TX, not far from a small suburan town named Katy. The people there are insistant that there are rumors of "big Disney project" being built out there sometime in the future. Some people even clam that Disney owns land out there.

Eyorfan

OK I really hate to do this, because I DO NOT think that Disney is building any theme parks in Texas. However I work for a utility contractor in Houston, and we do work for the area CATV, telephone, and power companies. I have seen surveys for utility work to be done to accomodate a project in the Katy area, and all of the drawings I have seen do say "Disney Site" on them. Again I DO NOT THINK that this is a theme park, the area in question was not large enough, and I do not know anything other than what I stated before. I would love to find out that a DisneyQwest was going up, but I have my doubts that even a project of that size could be kept hush hush.

RSoxNo1

I understand that many of the people that post these rumors might not fully understand business.

Disney's two locations in the US, and especially Walt Disney World are premier resort destinations. They parks aren't typically like a six flags where you spend one day there and move on. People plan vacations around Disney's theme parks. For Disney to put a resort in Texas, the biggest effect would be cannibalization of the parks in California and Texas. Sure, there are people that would live within an hour or two (By car) from a new texas resort that wouldn't otherwise fly to the other two, but for the most part, there is really no need to build a new resort in this country. A new gate for Disneyland would make more sense, but given Disney's California Adventure's struggles, I don't see any expansion (beyond individual attractions) happening in this country for at least 10 years.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Eyorefan said:
I live in Houston, TX, not far from a small suburan town named Katy.
Katy? I'm from Southlake. :D :D :D

75672397_191077f44d.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom