Totally booked!?!

lewisc

I booked pop 12/3 to 12/5 the last few days. I checked a day a time and booked a day at time. I then called guest services and had the reservations combined. I checked several times a day, hourly I think.

AndrewsJ

I am planning a last minute trip to WDW 12/5 - 12/9. My wife and I want to get away with the kids and we thought a Christmas themed Disney World would be unforgettable. However when we went to look for rooms not 1 room showed up. We even called and the agent said nothing is available.

Can this really be true? Everything I read says this is a very slow week at WDW, but every room is booked!?

I keep telling myself maybe they haven't opened some rooms up or the site is being very glitchy. BUT if all rooms are really booked and we got something off property are the parks going to be packed??!!

Any advice from the Disney experts would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU
It’s true. The first weeks in December have been booked solid for quite some time now.

crxbrett

Have you tried seeing of you can book 2 separate reservations? I had to do this when I booked my most recent trip at the Poly about 3 months prior. And Disney actually was able to allow me to stay in the dame room without switching, but I wanted to get a different building and view so I switched anyways.

I also had to do this for my trip next Sep. I couldn't find 12 nights anywhere, but I was able to split the trip into 2 reservations for 12 nights.

Might be worth a shot!

I found rooms available at the GF villas and the Bay Lake Tower as well as WL and FW. Also, if you are willing to split stays at resorts I was able to find availibility at different resorts depending on which nights you book. For instance, try 12/5-12/6 and then 12/6-12/9. Or 12/5-12/8 and then 12/8 to 12/9. I saw many things open by doing that. It may not be ideal and it may be inconvenient, but at least you can actually go when you want to that way. Heck, it may even be fun doing 2 or 3 different resorts!

Last edited:

Epcotfan21

@lentesta mentioned on a recent podcast that there appears to be an issue of double booking internally on Disney's end, when in actuality, the guest is only booked at one room, staying at one resort. This could explain why resorts appear to be completely booked, even in down times.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta mentioned on a recent podcast that there appears to be an issue of double booking internally on Disney's end, when in actuality, the guest is only booked at one room, staying at one resort. This could explain why resorts appear to be completely booked, even in down times.

A bunch of value rooms opened up today. I think the system downtime yesterday and today might be related to fixing that.

Raegansmommy

Don't forget that people have until 30 days prior to cancel, so I would bet a bunch of rooms will open up soon. I think a lot of people took advantage of booking the free dining promo that was offered in the Spring. We booked the 2nd week of December and I have been checking back since June to see if any other resort options opened up.

Pleakley

My advice would be to keep checking, at least if you're not itching to make fast passes/reservations. We'll be going in three weeks, and the room and price we wanted just became available today. We had something else booked but were able to change it since it was not a package. Disney hardcore practices revenue management, trying to maximize guests and spending, but seems to grow more flexible once it's down to the wire and they still have unsold rooms. Not to say they're not honestly sold out, but don't give up hope yet.

DisneyFreak

You could also be contending with corporate holiday parties. My wife's employer is having theirs at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace (Disney Springs Resort) and have blocked off a number of rooms.

ThatMouse

I'd like to know more about actual capacity, because it's obvious the resorts do not get booked up during less busy times. I've stayed in buildings that are mostly empty, and you know it when the cleaning crew only has 4 rooms to do on your floor and yours gets a knock on the door at 8am every morning. I know travel agencies get blocks of rooms, but I feel like Disney just doesn't sell them if they can't get the premium prices. I rarely see good discounts anymore.

Dave B

Each day the release new rooms, its hit and miss, just keep checking, I just picked of a AoA for the first two night of our trip a week and half ago, our trip is Nov 18

YankeeMouse

We once had a difficult time getting a reservation during last week of September, food and wine and MNSSHP. So booked them 1 night at a time. One night at Pop. Next night at CBR. And third and final night also at CBR. The CBR room was the same category for those two nights so I don't know why we couldn't have a two night reservation available. It meant we had to put the first night deposit for all 3 nights but we were able to get in. Worth a try.

miltimo5

I am planning a last minute trip to WDW 12/5 - 12/9. My wife and I want to get away with the kids and we thought a Christmas themed Disney World would be unforgettable. However when we went to look for rooms not 1 room showed up. We even called and the agent said nothing is available.

Can this really be true? Everything I read says this is a very slow week at WDW, but every room is booked!?

I keep telling myself maybe they haven't opened some rooms up or the site is being very glitchy. BUT if all rooms are really booked and we got something off property are the parks going to be packed??!!

Any advice from the Disney experts would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom