TOT finding; a sign of things to come?

mmartin2x

Original Poster
When, on our last trip, we went on TOT, I noticed something in the ride: after the first real drop, at the bottom, there is a slightly backlit "structure" [can't think of the right word to describe it] inside of an elevator-sized space in the wall where it looks like the light has passed through a grate above said space (backlit as in by natural light, and not very much at that). Standing to the far left in the space (if you can't totally picture this, a truly awful drawing has been provided) is a statue of "somebody", one which appears to be from the same vein as those in the fifth dimension room. This figure appears in both sides of the ride.

What does this mean?
Am I overanalyzing?
Has anyone else seen this?
Why do fools fall in love?

Attachments

• tot diagram.gif
    tot diagram.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 934

Becky

:(

Please don't suggest people take flash pictures on rides that are supposed to be in the dark. That ruins everyones experience.

It is bad enough to have the flashes going off in the Little Mermaid show etc without someone suggesting other places to do so.

JoeZerboy

I posted something about this in my trip report from when I was there on 5/31 & 6/1. The figure looks like the girl from the group of people "lost in the elevator" from the TOT storyline. Another friend of mine who is on this forum website [Timebear] pointed it out to me.

The item definitely is there. It may have been there for a little while now as the last visit I made to MGM was about 6 years ago.

Is TOT still doing 6 drops? That's how many I counted when I was on it a couple of weeks ago.

Hope this confirmation helps.

Joe

PS: The post I refer to above is in the WDW Resort and Trip Planning forum titled "Trip Report: 5/31 & 6/1" if you wish to read it in its entirety. :D

goofyfan13

That has been there the past two times I was there maybe Longer, I have no idea what it means but it might just be for the spook effect

raven

Originally posted by goofyfan13
That has been there the past two times I was there maybe Longer, I have no idea what it means but it might just be for the spook effect

Can you see it clearly? It's in the drop shaft, right?

And yes, WAY TO GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!

mmartin2x

Original Poster
That site is great, I'm surprised I haven't been there yet. Very nice.

And to the bloke who actually posted answers to the satirical questions I had after the actual post, I pity you.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Interesting...perhaps a scrapped special effect? Or maybe something to come? Or maybe not....who know.....hehe....

Call it a "hidden fun fact" for now.

WDWManic

Im almost positive that it is the four people who died on the elevator.. I am going down to Disney in July and I will try to tkae a picture if I get a chance!

disneytati

Where exactly are these figures located? Before the drop? And definetely: they are the people who disappeared in th elevator, the same that appear in the library preshow movie. In the website (a very good one, with incredible picture, congratulations!) I guess the figures in that picture are the elegant couple that disappear in the elevator together with the old lady, the little girl an the hotel employee. Am I right?

Kisses from Brazil!:kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom