ToT and Expedition Models

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Hi All! I'm building a model of the DCA Tower of Terror thats about 32 inches tall. It's going to have working elevators that are operated manually by pulling strings. I didn't measure it to scale or anything, I just guessed. It will " open " May 5th. I want to make an Expedition: Everest Model to " open " on the same day as the real mountain. Does anyone have any Idea on how to build a 35 inch model of it, with working cars? I've got some ideas, like building it like the Matterhorn was built ( metal bars, chicken wire, and cement( replaced by clay). Any input would be Greatly appreciated. I'll put ToT pics up on the Fifth!

BG Rugger

I wish I could help, but I cant draw a stick figure without a ruler :lol: I would do a search for some preliminary drawing or concept art, or do a search on here for models or construction photos. I know this isnt much but I hope I helped a little.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
post a picture of it for a teaser. the curiousity is killing me. please.

if not, then ill be looking wednesday for the opening day pics.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Ok. I'm not posting another pic yet, I'm gonna hold off 'til Wed ( except for the teaser ) , but I felt like letting you know, I have touched it up ALOT, added the blue " stain " from entering the 5th Dimension, AND, I have installed the elevators and have had a soft opening ( A.K.A : Test drops ) and it runs smooth. Just filling you in!

MKBurn15

Um the link doesn't work. And could you tell me how you are making all of this stuff working? I think it sounds really cool. Good luck to you!

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Just read the above posts! LOL! All of this stuff is gonna work by hand, I still need to figure out Expedition though.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
I was thinking about making basically a skeleton of the Mountain out of wire( I like the clothes hanger Idea ) and then covering it with chicken wire or this mesh thing I got from Michaels craft store ( meant for flowers ) and then covering it with a coat of clay or plaster or paper mache. If you know how they built the Matterhorn it's the same Idea. If not, here's a pic:
http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/disneyland/matterhorn_jun1959.jpg
So there you go!

1disneydood

Pic has reached max bandwith. :(

You could always make it from fiberglass. Alot of sanding, but it'll last forever and you could stand on it before it would break. :lol:
Alot of my car exterior and interior is fiberglass, molded right in my garage.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
I like that, i like that lot. Problem is, I don't knowwhere to get it or anything. I'm only thirteen, so I would need tips on using it and buying it and/or whatever. But i really would like to do that. HELP PLEEEEEEEASE!

Mateo1721

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
I was thinking about making basically a skeleton of the Mountain out of wire( I like the clothes hanger Idea ) and then covering it with chicken wire or this mesh thing I got from Michaels craft store ( meant for flowers ) and then covering it with a coat of clay or plaster or paper mache. If you know how they built the Matterhorn it's the same Idea. If not, here's a pic:
http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/disneyland/matterhorn_jun1959.jpg
So there you go!

THIS MEANS SOMETHING!!!!

june1.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
OPENING DAY IN 2 HOURS! Pics will be all over the site I put the others on. Unless someone can tellme how to post them right here on the forum: I've seen it done before. 1disneydood, I like the Fiberglass Idea. Do you know where I could get it/ tips on how to use it?

MKBurn15

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
OPENING DAY IN 2 HOURS! Pics will be all over the site I put the others on. Unless someone can tellme how to post them right here on the forum: I've seen it done before. 1disneydood, I like the Fiberglass Idea. Do you know where I could get it/ tips on how to use it?
People who are premium contributor members can post pictures in the forums only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom