Tortuga Tavern

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I finally got to eat there!! It was open when we were at the MK for Mother's Day. I had the burrito and it was fab!

Topic of discussion: turn it into a full service/pirate themed restaurant? I think it would be a great idea! I'm pirate-obsessed though :p

WDWmazprty

I have no idea why they wont do a charcter meal for this! It would be a hit because it would definitely be a character meal finally geared toward boys, but of course everyone could enjoy it.

Pooh'sBuddy

You had me at burrito.

But all I see on allears.net is "Burrito - chicken or beef - with cilantro rice and black beans $7.59." Does it come with sides of sour cream and/or guacamole? Also, if you got the beef, is it ground beef or fajita beef? How big was it?

klineski96

We've been to Tortuga Tavern a few times now and I've had the nachos each time. They're pretty good, and the topping bar is a nice touch.

The food is good but it isn't going to be this great meal, and for me this is a nice alternative to the usual burgers, chicken tenders and fries that seems to be at every other place in MK.

I definitely see the potential of a pirate themed character dining option here, but I do really appreciate the fact that this isn't anything more than a walk up, counter service place that serves a good fast (non burger and fries) meal at a reasonable price. I hope it stays as is for years to come.

Was there for Mother's Day weekend as well and the food was very good. I am against another character themed restaurant though. I think there are plenty.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You had me at burrito.

But all I see on allears.net is "Burrito - chicken or beef - with cilantro rice and black beans $7.59." Does it come with sides of sour cream and/or guacamole? Also, if you got the beef, is it ground beef or fajita beef? How big was it?

I didn't get a picture of it but let me see if I remember.

Tortuga tavern has a toppings bar with: lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, & salsa. You get 1 packet of sour cream with your order (not sure if they charge you $$ for more). Not sure about guac (that would've been awesome on it!). It's ground beef.

The burrito is HUGE (and I'm a big eater).

Pooh'sBuddy

I didn't get a picture of it but let me see if I remember.

Tortuga tavern has a toppings bar with: lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, & salsa. You get 1 packet of sour cream with your order (not sure if they charge you $$ for more). Not sure about guac (that would've been awesome on it!). It's ground beef.

The burrito is HUGE (and I'm a big eater).

Thank you, Fallen Angel!! We'll have to keep this in mind. Unfortunately, it'll be on my mind for a couple of years. :cry:

coltow

Topic of discussion: turn it into a full service/pirate themed restaurant? I think it would be a great idea! I'm pirate-obsessed though :p

I'm all for ANYTHING that is not princess. There are very little character meals that my 7 year old son is interested in. He refuses to even have his picture taken with princesses, other than Cinderella :animwink:

Being a mother of 2 boys I really so wish they would create more for boys rather then add more princess stuff every where you turn

wizards8507

Being a mother of 2 boys I really so wish they would create more for boys rather then add more princess stuff every where you turn

Theming for boys isn't allowed anymore. Sports, pirates, and everything else are marketed to both genders so that girls don't get left out, but boys aren't given the same consideration when princesses invade everywhere.[/offtopic]

I wish Tortuga Tavern was a proper bar (perhaps at PI), but we know that would never happen.

Club Cooloholic

Theming for boys isn't allowed anymore. Sports, pirates, and everything else are marketed to both genders so that girls don't get left out, but boys aren't given the same consideration when princesses invade everywhere.[/offtopic]

I wish Tortuga Tavern was a proper bar (perhaps at PI), but we know that would never happen.

How are they marketed to both? Toy story is about a boy and his toys, and most of those toys are rather boy centric. While it would be nice to have a themed meal for boys, I don't think that there is a lack of things at disney geared toward them. Also there are pirate cruises etc for them, and last I heard disney started with the Pirate themed rooms, before considering princess themed ones.
That said a pirate or even better Star Wars themed character restaurant would do wonderfully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom