Tornado Warning for WDW - everything ok?

WelshBatman

I live about 5 minutes from Celebration and I didn't see or hear about this at the time... apparently it wasn't that bad except for minor damage to a car. Now it's just cloudy and rainy and it's gonna stay that way for a while. The interesting thing was that the tornado watch was issued for the area because of the storms ahead of the front. It turned out that the storms they thought could produce tornadoes died out once they hit land and the storms that apparently did produce a tornado were fired up ahead of the other line because of the inland heat.

chaggy102

Yeah the weather in Disney was insane today...and to make strange weather even stranger it delayed one of the basketball games today at the Old Spice Classic at WWOS...never thought I'd see a basketball rain delay.

Disneybird

Yeah the weather in Disney was insane today...and to make strange weather even stranger it delayed one of the basketball games today at the Old Spice Classic at WWOS...never thought I'd see a basketball rain delay.

It's the UT Vols fault. They were set to play in the SEC tournament in Atlanta in the spring when a tornado hit downtown Atlanta. And now they're in the Old Spice Classic championship, and tornadoes again.

Really, I'm glad everyone's okay.

adrianuk91

It got pretty windy over hear too in the UK as we get a lot of the remnants of the old hurricanes. The other week we had somebody's garden chain on our drive, due to about 40 - 60 mph gusts. At least we don't suffer from tornadoes as much. I'm lucky to never have experienced a tornado and i want to keep it that way. Woo! Snow is forecast for tomorrow and weds. It'll probably just be a sprinkling or something seen as the blizzards that the met office forecast a couple of weeks ago never happened, you have to love British weather for its unpredictableness. Hope you all are safe out there and batten down the hatches if things get too bad.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was at Epcot and DHS yesterday and the weather did get really intense around 12:30-1:00. We were having lunch in the American pavilion and the rain was incredibly heavy and coming down at about a 45 degree angle with very high winds. The doors to the restaurant got blown open several times and I saw more than one umbrella turned inside out. I took a few pictures that I will post a little later.

Texas84

Our normal 5.5 hour drive from Georgia took 7.5 hrs Sunday. Western Way was littered with leaves, branches & pine needles and a truck was out cleaning up the mess. Didn't see anything bad except for some downed billboards on I-75 & Turnpike. Today, Monday, was absolutely perfect! :xmas:

happymom52003

We were at the MK during the worst of it, but it did not slow us down!
Funny thing...the Christmas tree in front of the Contemporary started to topple. It looked like the leaning tower of Pisa! There were cranes out trying to fix it. I wish I could have taken a pic, but was not able to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom