Tornado Warning for WDW - everything ok?

dcibrando

Original Poster
Just noticed this.. (see below) - everything ok in the magic land? :veryconfu

Statement as of 12:54 PM EST on November 30, 2008

The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
western Orange County in east central Florida...
this includes the cities of... Hollywood studios... Winter Park...
Orlando... Oak Ridge... Maitland... Fairview Shores... epcot... Azalea
Park...
central Seminole County in east central Florida...
this includes the cities of... Winter Springs... Oviedo... lake
Jessup... Goldenrod... Geneva... Casselberry...

* until 200 PM EST

EPCOT.nut

I think the entire state of Florida is crazy weather. A few hours ago the wind picked up here with heavy rain, and tree branches were flying - I opened the back door the let the cat in and the door was wrenched from my hands and flew all the way open. :eek: I would swear it was 40 mph winds. And now we got nuthin. :lol:

I live in N Central Fl BTW - about 2 hours north of WDW.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The city of "Hollywood Studios".
The city of "Epcot".

:eek: I wonder when they incorporated and is the "City of WDW" is aware of their secession.

:lookaroun

dandaman

Nearly the entire state is under a watch box for tornadoes, and initial reports are saying that there was a "severe storm capable of rotation, with a reported funnel cloud" in western Orange County. All of Central Florida is getting shot with an arrow of sorts by fast-moving storms from the southwest (in relation to Orlando, it's almost travelling right up I-4.)

WUNIDS_map

The tornado warning in question has expired, but the watches will be up until at least 5 p.m. for the Orlando area, and 8 p.m. further east on the Space Coast.

pilka214

40 min. southwest of Disney we had 50 mph wind gust, the gazebo in my back yard picked up and moved about 6 or 7 feet.... it was pretty intense

EPCOT Explorer

The city of "Hollywood Studios".
The city of "Epcot".

:eek: I wonder when they incorporated and is the "City of WDW" is aware of their secession.

:lookaroun
Sounds like the WDW Civil War!:lol:
Nearly the entire state is under a watch box for tornadoes, and initial reports are saying that there was a "severe storm capable of rotation, with a reported funnel cloud" in western Orange County. All of Central Florida is getting shot with an arrow of sorts by fast-moving storms from the southwest (in relation to Orlando, it's almost travelling right up I-4.)

WUNIDS_map

The tornado warning in question has expired, but the watches will be up until at least 5 p.m. for the Orlando area, and 8 p.m. further east on the Space Coast.

Wow, even I'm in that. It's pretty windy here...:dazzle:

smalld

ok that is a bit scary.. We just left pop about 2 hours ago! Now are Orlando airport some flights are delayed MOST are on time.

~smalld

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve been following the shuttles return on NASATV with Google Earths radar overlay of Florida since the Endevour was rerouted to EAFB. Looks pretty nasty. Unusual for this time of year?

Sit tight everyone :wave:

ftwildcmpr

We were at DHS and left about 12:30 and it was starting to rain. Got back to POP and went in the main building to eat lunch. While we were sitting there, the weather conditions became quite bad. The wind was gusting very strongly and it was pouring down rain. Once it was over, there was no damage seen at POP, just a lot of water. Did also hear that there was a tornado near Celebration that damaged a car. Was very glad that we were inside during this.

dandaman

My sister flew into Tampa in 3.5 hours this morning, on a route and carrier that normally takes two-and-a-half. Not impressed, considering she doesn't like flying to begin with. :lol:

PhotoDave219

According to the Sentinel.....

Orlando Sentinel said:
Central Florida remains under a tornado watch.

Several strong storms swept through the region today, and a tornado touched down just northwest of Celebration at 12:55 pm. There were reports of minor damage to a car.

The National Weather Service said heavy rains and strong winds can be expected the rest of the afternoon.

The tornado watches for Central Florida are due to expire at 5 p.m.

So everything appears to be OK.

CentralFLgirl

I live on the East Coast near Melbourne Beach and all that crazy wind is here now... All of our wind chimes came down... :lol:lol... gotta love Florida weather!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom