Top thrill dragster!

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I would say that having the track sway only adds to the fun :lol:.
Darrel, were there people in the train when it didn't make it to the top? I was shouting up a storm when it took off. It's quite exhilarating! Then on the way back down...i was shouting some more. hehehehe.
YEs there were people in the train and it did make it to the top, it just didn`t quite make it over the hump, and it fell back down backwards. I will say though that The top thrill dragster,for once did not break down . Add to the thrill?:eek:
It scared me just looking at it,I kept saying OMG, What`s that funna do if we have a big storm it`s gunna snap off! :eek:

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by The_CEO
Im pretty sure they relaunched em.. they have to anyway
:eek: If that was me on there,I`d demand to be let off! I would say I`m not going through that again! :lol:

DisneyPhD

They have signs posted in the loading area and also announcements on the PA saying that it may not make it over. My brother wants to go on it when it doesnt make it over although when it does make it, it's still a great ride.

blm07

It may look flimsy, but I'm sure that it is safe, they wouldn't open something that isn't safe. Look at Test Track, everytime a car would go by the track would shake (over the entrance). I also heard that wooden coasters have to be able to shake a little so the tension would be less, maybe thats what happens here.

The_CEO: I'm guessing thats Hillary Duff in the pic, well whoever it is, that closeup is freakin me out

jmarc63

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I also forgot to say that one car didn`t quite make it over the hill, it got to the top and stopped for a second and then it fell backwards! :eek:

Sounds like the computer didn't calculate the weight of the loaded vehicle and didn't build-up enough hydraulic pressure for a sucessful launch.

I read somewhere that the hydraulic launch system calculates the loaded weight of each train before launch so the launch won't over shoot the apogee of the loop in cases where the total passenger weight is lighter or hevier than optimal load capacity

jmarc63

Re: Re: Re: Top thrill dragster!

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I`m sorry but everyone in my group saw it sway, The track was swaying and the beams that support it.

Its hard to tell from the photos I've seen but I belive the bolts connecting the upright supports to the foundations on the launch/brake runs use a spring with the bolt to asorb the energy caused by the force of the train rolling past, same type of connections are used in HVAC systems in office towers to secure them to the building and asorb the vivrations of the motors and pumps. and something simmular in enginering is used at NORAD. Inside Cheyenne Mountain the structures used for SAC sit inside a large cavern blasted out of the granate and the foundations from the buildings to the utilities are set on support foundations with huge springs to asorb the shockwave of a nuclular blast and designed to sway. I think TTD is supposed to react in the same way I supposed.

lileonard

Banned
I have not actually seen the tower sway but I have seen the horizontal part sway.

I figured that something that weighs six tons being shot 120 mph will make the track sway a bit.

Ive been on the ride a few times now, and its unlike anything ive ever been on.

If you havent seen it yet let me just tell you that it looks inhuman the way they shoot you so fast.:lol:

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by dboy
I have not actually seen the tower sway but I have seen the horizontal part sway.

I figured that something that weighs six tons being shot 120 mph will make the track sway a bit.

Ive been on the ride a few times now, and its unlike anything ive ever been on.

If you havent seen it yet let me just tell you that it looks inhuman the way they shoot you so fast.:lol:
If you get to go again go by the hill just before the track goes up the hill and watch the track,specially if it is windy out.

The_CEO

Poor thing has to pull a 5.3 ton train over a hill not including the passengers.

Apparently Walmart called. They were concerned hearing Cedar Point had more rollbacks then they do.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by The_CEO
Poor thing has to pull a 5.3 ton train over a hill not including the passengers.

Apparently Walmart called. They were concerned hearing Cedar Point had more rollbacks then they do.
:lol: :lol:

The_CEO

I rode it yesterday, The ride is a serious rush.

BTW I did not see any shock asorbers standing in line. On any sections of the track.
Its pure speed. You climb to the top so quick. 2k Force is so tiny up there lol.

I didnt feel ANY Negetive G's

Go Figure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom