Top Thrill Dragster OPENS!!!

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Had a backseat in a jaguar (plane not the car) when i finished my tour on the Sqn, 45 mins of needing clean pants. Didnt puke though:)

I thought you meant the operating system.

tenchu

Saw the footage of it from somewhere. Sorry but its just another rip off ride. Q for hours and its over in 30 secs ( Im sure thats what they said. Mind you that is 15 secs longer than oblivion at alton Towers.

But with no/little wait, you would think it was truely awesome.

And oblivion was worth the queue. :animwink:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by tenchu
But with no/little wait, you would think it was truely awesome.

And oblivion was worth the queue. :animwink:

Naw, there all speed no substance, mind you thats what you teenies want. isnt it??????:)

tenchu

Naw, there all speed no substance, mind you thats what you teenies want. isnt it??????:)

I'll take offence to that. In fact, I'll take the whole damn garden! :lol:

To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a coaster person. The fact that it's disney that i go to probably shows this. In my eyes theming will probably always come before thrills.

DisneyCP2000

Well, I just came back from Cedar Point and experienced Top thrill for the first time! We waited for an hour but that was considered a short wait (we caught it just as it opened). Originally I though it was just another coaster, but it proved me wrong! I don't know who came up with this idea, but it works quite well...cause it's truely a unique experience. We managed to hit 121mph on it and we flew. It was amazing to hit those speeds in open air...then fly straight up in the sky. When we made it to the top we were flung over the peak with 0Gs to make the experience more frightful. And with little time to think we were plunging back down to the earth. On the way down was even cooler. As we spiraled down it seemed as if we were going to hit the supports :lol:.

In all it wasn't very scary at all, just intense! We managed to cover the majority of the rides yesterday with little to no wait.

darthdarrel

I saw on the news that it`s up and running now,they had some guys from Germany I think, come and fix it.Hopefully for good this time! :lol: But I still will not ride it! :lol:

jmarc63

Originally posted by WDWspider
Seems logical that this will happen from time to time. Is there a weighing system on the ride, cause a coaster full of adults vs. a coastr full of kids will make quite a difference in acceleration speed.

Boy, I rode XLC at Kings Dominion. I can hardly even begin to imagine the rush on this baby.

There isnt lickly to to be a load with kids under 100 lbs each, in fact I belive due to the height restrictions you will eliminate that smaller weighted person, and also a healthy atletic person will have a denser mass of an over weight person, so I think that heavier loads are being considered in adjusting the rise launch system

lileonard

Banned
I was there on the 4th of july and we heard it was going to open,
so we waited and watched them do test runs and tweek the system from 10 am to 7 pm and we finally got to ride it. I have a season pass just to let you know im not crazy wasting the day there.

Me and my uncle sat in the front, and it was a crazy experience, we hit 124 mph.

When we crested at the top it felt like I was looking down from a plane, and millenium force was way down there.

I used to think RRC was intense, try 0 to 124 in 4 seconds:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

DisneyCP2000

That initial rush is intense! All I remember at the top was seeing sky and then Millennium Force & water. From there it was nothing but sprialing back to earth at an insane speed :lol:. I'd love to do it again, it's truely is a different ride. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom