Top reasons *not* to go to Disney

Disneyhead'71

While it is obvious that the author is not a obsessive Disney Parks fan, I believe that they touched on some very valid complaints, particularly at WDW.

1. Capacity Issues. The capacity issues at some of the parks have been obvious for years. MK simply doesn't have the overall capacity to handle the crowds and NFL is basically a zero sum gain. TSMM has ridiculous wait times because it is the only ride in the park that caters directly to the demographic that they are marketing the resort too. Epcot has a plethora of attractions that no one wants to ride. Most of future world is a ghost town while Soarin' and Test Track have lines out the door.

2. Prices. While I don't think that park admission is too overpriced. Food is. And the most egregious example is Resort rack rates. $700+/night at The Grand and $600+/night at The Poly are beyond ridiculous. There is a reason why occupancy rates at The Deluxes is at the same level as just after 9/11.

AllydoesDisney

Yes its crowded, yes everything is expensive but people go anyway. They love it. The only one I agreed with was the Jungle Cruise. That ride is lame. Go to Animal Kingdom and see real animals. But I must say, if you hate Disney, STAY AWAY!!! It will be much less crowded without the haters!!!

Figments Friend

-

I find the article linked to in the original post rather inept.
It lost me after the 20th or so time mentioning the word *insane* or *ridiculous* to describe something.

OH...and that laughable photo used in the article that was supposed to be a actual *DIsney Theme Park ride*.....uhhh....yeah....

...and how dare they slam the loveable Jungle Cruise skips !

Move along...move along...
These are not the Droids you are looking for.....
:p

DManRightHere

My top reason not to go is SOMETIMES there are long waits on buses..and boardwalk is just plain ridiculous for deluxe. I'm never anywhere near there again for the lack of bus service.

A second reason is Epcot is lacking attractions.

Merchandise is expensive (but I'm not forced to spend money on merch).

Quees, food cost, hotel cost, and tickets cost are reasonable if you plan and utilize discounts well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Disney is cheaper than other vacations I've looked into.

horizons82

This does NOT apply to me personally, but I can see how some people are getting to the point where not just one thing but a combination of things might keep them from coming back.

For instance, to have a ticket price increase is one thing, but to have an increase in ticket prices AND still have an overly-crowded park could be enough for some to call it quits.

So it's hard to imagine that just one reason would cause someone to not go, but rather a combination of various things together could.

MY_NAME_STITCH

This thing reads like someone was assigned a paper to write on what they did during their summer vacation. They couldn't come up with original thoughts so they went on an all out rant. The bottom line is if you don't like Disney stay away. Go where you can have a good time and leave WDW to those of us that love the place.

BuddyThomas

You guys should be thanking the author of that article instead of ripping him a new one. Maybe a ton of people will read that thing and decide not to go, leaving that much more room in the parks for the rest of us. Then again, what is the readership of vietualtravel.com? I'm guessing not too much (could be wrong, just a guess). But if it takes one family of six off those clogged MagicKingdom pathways, well then, bravo to you, Mr. Negative Article Writer.
;)

bethymouse

Planning 180 days plus ahead is OK with me, but my DH doesn't know that far in advance when his vacation will be. We really can't plan anymore. It's pretty much just when we're able to go.:(
Bring on the haters! They're funny!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom