Top of the World Reopening Soon

Club Cooloholic

Sorry but that just looks gaudy to me. Not my style at all. I much prefer muted and I think the TOTWL hits that much better. It isn't supposed to be designed for kids, but more for adults the way it's being pitched. Can kids go there? Sure, but I just don't believe that is the target audience for it. So we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

And you've seen chandeliers in a Holiday Inn that look like the one there? I've stayed in a bunch of them over the years, and not one was ever as fancy as that.
Of course tastes differ and it is for sure muted. I guess I understand what you are saying, but then why try to have a theme at all, elegant but then having staff cosplay? Its sort of putting one foot in one foot out, and doing neither really well, but as you say maybe in person its pulled off better.
BTW that place I posted is strictly a bar so no kids going in there.
I have seen chandeliers similar; I would say this one here is even more interesting.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Of course tastes differ and it is for sure muted. I guess I understand what you are saying, but then why try to have a theme at all, elegant but then having staff cosplay? Its sort of putting one foot in one foot out, and doing neither really well, but as you say maybe in person its pulled off better.
So I do agree that they could probably have gone farther with the theme, but I'm also reserving any opinion until I get to see it in person here in a few months. I do seem to recall from somewhere that they were planning on adding other things in the near future, so that may change things as well.
BTW that place I posted is strictly a bar so no kids going in there.
Ahh, ok. I just thought from the decor that it would appeal to kids as well.
I have seen chandeliers similar; I would say this one here is even more interesting.

Different tastes. Not my cup of tea at all, but that's what makes everything so good - everybody has their own taste. As an example. Being DVC we have stayed at almost all of the resorts over the last 15 years, and BLT is absolutely in last place for us. Stayed there once and never again. We much prefer BWV and SSR.

Will you get to see it in person at some point?

Club Cooloholic

So I do agree that they could probably have gone farther with the theme, but I'm also reserving any opinion until I get to see it in person here in a few months. I do seem to recall from somewhere that they were planning on adding other things in the near future, so that may change things as well.

Ahh, ok. I just thought from the decor that it would appeal to kids as well.

Different tastes. Not my cup of tea at all, but that's what makes everything so good - everybody has their own taste. As an example. Being DVC we have stayed at almost all of the resorts over the last 15 years, and BLT is absolutely in last place for us. Stayed there once and never again. We much prefer BWV and SSR.

Will you get to see it in person at some point?
Alas, I never went when I could (I am white card), so probably won't be able to now, unless the rules change or I hitch a ride with a memeber. I always planned to go, but never could fit it in and we never stayed at BLT, as it never really appealed to my family. I was up for it, but the kids are still young and it looked boring to them. Riviera, WLV and Grand Floridan Villas are the ones we haven't done yet, as well Hilton Head of course as well. We all love Vero and AKL(Home Resort) but Poly has been a consistent stay for us. SSR, had great rooms and probably the quietest room I ever had, heard not a peep from other rooms, but I wish they kept the grounds a bit nicer. Lots of litter around.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Alas, I never went when I could (I am white card), so probably won't be able to now, unless the rules change or I hitch a ride with a memeber. I always planned to go, but never could fit it in and we never stayed at BLT, as it never really appealed to my family. I was up for it, but the kids are still young and it looked boring to them. Riviera, WLV and Grand Floridan Villas are the ones we haven't done yet, as well Hilton Head of course as well. We all love Vero and AKL(Home Resort) but Poly has been a consistent stay for us. SSR, had great rooms and probably the quietest room I ever had, heard not a peep from other rooms, but I wish they kept the grounds a bit nicer. Lots of litter around.
Stay at HH someday, as it is a very relaxing vacation. Might not appeal if your kids are real young, but they have a beach house right on the ocean with regular bus trips to visit. Not to mention the incredible number of great restaurants within a 20 or so minute drive. We love it there.

nickys

Premium Member
Sadly at the moment those of us who can visit TOTWL can’t even take guests up with us. ☹️

nickys

Premium Member
That is crazy! Do they really think the place is going to be slammed with people?
Maybe just trying to ramp up the exclusivity factor?

Or for the moment maybe they just want to manage numbers, especially with the “Wind Down” event happening too.

I do want to see how the relative numbers work out. I hope we can still go up for the evening and get a seat in the Lounge without too much difficulty.

firecatgirl

That's how I would read it. And yes, anyone with a blue card (or a Y on the digital card now) staying on property with points or a member services cash reservation was allowed access. If you stayed at POFQ on cash as a DVC member, you should not have been allowed to go there in the past.

Can someone please explain a Y on the digital card? We’ve been members (bought directly from Disney in 2018 ) but I’ve never seen a Y on our cards :confused:
We will be there in August staying at our home resort (reservations made on the dvc website using our points) so I assume we would be allowed to go?

nickys

Premium Member
Can someone please explain a Y on the digital card? We’ve been members (bought directly from Disney in 2018 ) but I’ve never seen a Y on our cards :confused:
We will be there in August staying at our home resort (reservations made on the dvc website using our points) so I assume we would be allowed to go?
The Y shows on your digital card, which you need to have in your Apple or Android wallet to be able to show.
You have to open the card to see the details, which includes the Y for “blue card” members.

RememberWhen

If other people are having trouble, here’s what it looks like:
2A1EC9C9-864F-413C-981F-9E4FE6F2795E.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
Sorry one more question:) Do you have to call ahead to make reservations or can we just go up and see and have some food and drinks? TIA
The reservations are for the Wind Down event.

Otherwise you just check in on the lobby level. Reports are that they use a waitlist and text you when there’s a table ready. So the earlier you can be there the better your chances. I suspect the rush will die down as time goes on and the novelty of he re-opening wears off.

firecatgirl

The reservations are for the Wind Down event.

Otherwise you just check in on the lobby level. Reports are that they use a waitlist and text you when there’s a table ready. So the earlier you can be there the better your chances. I suspect the rush will die down as time goes on and the novelty of he re-opening wears off.
Thank you so much 😊

correcaminos

after i select Profile, then Membership and passes, I see a list of my current and old membership numbers. None of them open anything further. How do I get to this screen?
You need to go to your wallet (Google or Apple) to see it. Apple will have 3 dots on the top right to click on. Google will have a button saying details at the bottom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom