Top 3 resorts

brycedisney

Ok i was just wondering something....i read in the disney magizine the top 3 choices for best disneyworld resorts and they are as follows
1) Wilderness Lodge
2)Polynesian
3)Animal Kindgom Lodge

What does everybody else think are the top 3 because i dont really think WL should be number 1 ..maybe because ther are plenty of those kind of lodges here in wisconsin but i just wanted to see what everyone thougth....thnx

SpectroMan

Re: Re: Top 3 resorts

Originally posted by disfreak-o

1. The Grand Floridian
2. The Animal Kingdom Lodge
3. The Swan and Dolphin (Even though they are not actual Disney resorts but they're on the property)

Wow, we must have the same tastes.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

brycedisney, I tend to agree with you. Being in Michigan the great outdoors camping isn't what I look for when we go to FLA. (and we are DVC owers at VWL.) Not that WL isn't a great resort, I am suprized it would be rated top.

My top 3 are

1) Y&B (BCV really for me)
2) Animal Kingdom Lodge
3) Poly

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

If I were leaving here right now, this minute, for a week long Disney vacation, with money no object, my top 3 choices would be, in order,

1. Wilderness Lodge
2. Polynesian
3. Yacht & Beach Club

Honorable mention: too many to mention.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

The Yacht Club and BoardWalk Resorts would be in the top three for me. There location alone adds major points. Also, they both have an understated elegance brought through in a nautical motif, along with a killer pool and a great line-up of foods and recreation. The BoardWalk itself, and the surrounding Epcot Resorts, are in a beautiful area to stroll around. And being able to lounge at the super secluded quiet pools, and then be able to just wlak into Epcot for some fish and chips or french pastries for lunch, and then back to the pool, is great. The CMs are super friendly and really add to the overall magical feel of the this entire area. The MK Resort area is over-rated compared to the Epcot Area--monorail access is not worth the ability to walk and enjoy a largely connected area by footpath with great views and entertainment.

Caribbean Beach is also in the top three. It is a great Resort, especially for Disney first timers, and you gt a lot of bang for your buck. The rooms are largest of all Mods, and the recreation is great. Especially with families having kids, the Resort is a tropical getaway, and there are so many nooks and places for kids to play and explore, and be safe! Recreation is ample, and it's location is quite decent for a Moderate. The views and vistas are great, and the pirate themed pool mis a child's dream. The place is secluded, laid back, and really separates the vacationer from the real world. It is in every essence an island retreat.

Upvote 0

AKFreak

I've stayed at WL and really wasn't impressed. My picks for the top 3 are:

1. Port Orleans-Riverside-Cresent City French Toast at Boatrights is the best breakfast anywhere!

2. Caribbean Beach: The Peanut Butter Brownies are to die for!

3. All Star Movies: Best themeing, plus the Chocolate cake is the best here.

Wow! My top three is all about the food!

Upvote 0

BrerVeritas

I've only stayed in three hotels but in order of excellence they would be:

1-PO Riverside(Alhough I still prefer the name Dixie Landings)
2-Carribean beach resort
3-Contemporary

Upvote 0

Out of the ones I have stayed at...

1) PO Riverside (I also prefer the name "Dixie Landings")
2) Polynesian
3) Caribbean Beach

From just visiting the Resorts (Not having stayed in them... YET ;))

1) AKL
2) GF
3) WL

I have expensive tastes ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom