Toontown expansion into the Speedway Area

Plutoboy

Original Poster
I can remember back when I first started with Disney that there was talk of expanding ToonTown across the Rail Road Tracks and making the expansion where the Villains lived. I think this is where the whole Shadowlands park concept started getting steam. My idea is why not just put it where the Indy Speedway is and then use the other parts of that land for other T-Land Attractions. As long as it's not a Stitch playground:rolleyes: What do you think??

Not a bad idea, but I don't think Disney would get rid of the indy speedway. Its a disney classic. It keeps guest coming back again and it is probably going to be turned into a cars themed attraction sometime next year. This would be cheaper and possibly more profitable for disney then completely renovate the entire area. As for putting it the other side of the tracks, I pretty sure they proabably use this area for storing maintance vehicles and for basic offstage operations. But I'm not 100% sure about that one. But another land might breath a bit of fresh air into The Magic Kingdom but I would rather them concentrate on redoing Adventureland.

manutdfan1

I dont think toontown should have ever went to the magic kingdom in the firstplace, it would be perfect for mgm. I could almost be like a set you know with mickys house and everything.

MickeyTigg

manutdfan1 said:
I dont think toontown should have ever went to the magic kingdom in the firstplace, it would be perfect for mgm. I could almost be like a set you know with mickys house and everything.

Toontown works out fine at Disneyland....why not at the MK?

i too think that the toon town area is perfect in MK. little kids come to wdw expecting to see "where mickey lives". i dont see how it would make sense without it! i do wish it could be more like toon town in DL, but its not a big deal. last year was the first time we actually went to see the characters in the tent because my 4 and 6 year old cousins were with us. it was cute, and i can see how its enjoyable for those with young ones, but i dont see the need to do it again anytime soon. i love goofy's roller coaster, though! i also think this area needs a show of some sort. when it was Mickey's Birthdayland, i LOVED the show they had there. they need something like that again, i feel like theres just not enough in this area.

Scar Junior

Goofybynature said:
Its a disney classic.

Ahhh, I wouldn't go that far.

Also, the Cars concept is an idea that people on the internet like to talk about... the people with legit sources seem to be the only ones not talking about this idea. Not saying it won't happen, just don't like people saying things are "probably" going to happen when they don't know.
Personally, I don't know. I can see how it could happen, but if it is the 'Disney Classic' you claim it is, why would they change it? That logic doesn't register with me.

GothMickey

manutdfan1 said:
Check it out:

http://http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=78908

Its my idea for what villians lair should look like. I think it is a great idea to have an area of the park where the villians hang out. Make that area a thrill ride section and attendance would raise alot b/c we would get thrill ride enthusiets.

This would alienate too many people...I think one thrill ride, maybe 2 would be fine... but not the entire land...

Herk

Scar Junior said:

Also, the Cars concept is an idea that people on the internet like to talk about... the people with legit sources seem to be the only ones not talking about this idea. Not saying it won't happen, just don't like people saying things are "probably" going to happen when they don't know.
Personally, I don't know. I can see how it could happen, but if it is the 'Disney Classic' you claim it is, why would they change it? That logic doesn't register with me.

But they could turn it into the Cars attraction that they will put in to Disney Studios Paris

Scar Junior said:

I think you misunderstood what I ment, I called it a disney classic because it was there from the beggining and it has always been popular. I must admit I dont particuly care for it but I can see why it is popular with kids. Changing into Cars is a logical step, just like AE turned into stitch's great escape, children will have more in commen with Stitch and the cars out of 'CARS' then they ever would with disney's traditional indy speedway concept
or Aliens. All it would take to change it would be to change a few bits of scenery and the cars themself and you've got a ready made kids major attraction. I don't like that sort of thinking and I hope disney won't be that cheap (they were with sge) but it is logical and easy to do.

erasure fan1

I like the villains idea but thats not the expansion of toontown I would like to see. If they expand it I would like to see a couple nice rides not E-ticket but peter pan, pooh type rides. I dont know how much space they have to do it, I just think only charaters and 1 small ride and play ground gets old.

manutdfan1

actually my idea for villians lair was to be a whole other land not a area of toon town. And in my plans for it, it isnt gonna be PACKED with thrill rides just have like 2 or 3.

batman3101

I think there's many of us that the Indy Speedway was our first chance to "drive". That fact alone makes it a classic. You can't even consider removing it. Just because it's not thrilling to you, doesn't mean a five year old doesn't love it.

Plutoboy

Original Poster
I'm not saying that the Speedway isn't popular because it always has a line.... usually over 30 minutes waiting. I just thing that it is such a large piece of land and nothing really new has been done with that so they could easily utilize for future attractions.

Also according to a couple of family members in Cali Imagineering the Florida version of TT was never meant to be a permanent area and now that it has developed into that they have, for many years, wanted the chance to redo that area. The area behind the Speedway is not a maintenance as someone once commented and could be cleared for new things.

alya922

I like the idea of updating the Speedway to include the Cars theme, though I realize many probably hate the idea because of the fear of Tomorrowland turning into Pixarland. I just feel like either way the Speedway could use a little sprucing up. I don't think it should be removed though. It's a fun ride for 'Disney kids' of all ages, even though you could probably run faster than you drive! :p

imagineer boy

I think it would be MUCH better if Toon Town could expand into the old 20k space. There's TONS of room there. I still say that they should keep the Indy speedway, but give it an Autopia overlay or something like "Cosmic Highway." Just please no cars movie tie in, it was a great movie, but Tomorrowland is almost completely ruined as it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom