Too much Character Dining in one trip?

Janetay14

Hello all,

Thank you all who gave advice about CRT and Akershus in my previous post. I think we will go to Norway and 1900 Park Fare in place of CRT to get our princess fix. :)

My question is this: we are on the dining plan and we are staying 7 nights. I thought it would be easy picking 7 TS restaurants, but with a 4 year old (DD) and 2 year old (DS), it is becoming quite a challenge.

I was thinking of making ADRs at the following Character Dining spots to cover most of the characters:

Cinderella Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Princess Breakfast at Akershus
Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Pooh and Friends Breakfast at the Crystal Palace
Chip and Dale's Dinner at the Garden Grill

We will still have 2 TS meals left, but I am starting to feel like 5 character meals is a lot. DH and I never feel like we get to eat enough because we are too busy taking pictures! :p Do you think there is such thing as TOO many character meals in one trip? Any suggestions for other good restaurants for preschool age kids? Sci Fi is one I am considering, DH and I always loved going there, but haven't been since having kids.

Thanks a bunch for your help! :wave:

Janetay14

Original Poster
Thank you all for your great advice! 5 character meals it is! Now I just have to make the ressies. However, we are going in May and I have seen on other threads that you can't make them for May yet? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

GrumpysWife

Now I just have to make the ressies. However, we are going in May and I have seen on other threads that you can't make them for May yet? :veryconfu

That is correct. They are updating their system. Once the new system is in place, the reservation process will go back to normal. It is my understanding that the booking window for Victoria & Albert's, Cinderella's Royal Table and Chef Mickey's are not affected by this update. So, depending on date of arrival, you may be able to make the ressie for Chef Mickey's.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0

C.M.O

Character dining is fun!! We had a great time at the Playhouse Disney one. You get to dance with the characters! My daughter who was 4 then loved it!

Upvote 0

C.M.O

That is correct. They are updating their system. Once the new system is in place, the reservation process will go back to normal. It is my understanding that the booking window for Victoria & Albert's, Cinderella's Royal Table and Chef Mickey's are not affected by this update. So, depending on date of arrival, you may be able to make the ressie for Chef Mickey's.

Hope this helps. :)

Yeah, we are going in April/May and they said that they "hoped" to be excepting reservations for resturants in December??

Upvote 0

GrumpysWife

Yeah, we are going in April/May and they said that they "hoped" to be excepting reservations for resturants in December??

Everything is tentative at this point. It appears that beginning December 1st you should be able to make ressies for arrivals through March, but it is not set in stone and subject to change.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

:animwink: My husband and I and our adult son always plan for two Character Meals during our 8 day visit. Usually its Chef Mickey for Breakfast and the Crystal Palace for lunch or dinner. The Character meals are aimed at kids, I'm sure, but it's a lot of fun, we get some great pictures and the food is great.

Upvote 0

scheat

We go without kiddos and we absolutely love it. When the characters come into our area, they always go to all the kids tables first, of course, but they never miss our table, and we've had some great interactions with them. At LTT this year Pluto was flirting with my wife(in a Disney way). He was slicking back his hair and asked me to give him "five" and then pulled his hand back-he was hillarious and it was great. I think sometimes the characters themselves can have a little more fun with adults.

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

We go without kiddos and we absolutely love it. When the characters come into our area, they always go to all the kids tables first, of course, but they never miss our table, and we've had some great interactions with them. At LTT this year Pluto was flirting with my wife(in a Disney way). He was slicking back his hair and asked me to give him "five" and then pulled his hand back-he was hillarious and it was great. I think sometimes the characters themselves can have a little more fun with adults.

Haha, we're all adults too, Goofy and Pluto usually always do something funny when they come around. Usually hit on my girlfriend or block me from the picture. Then Minnie usually tries to hit on me as well.

I think my favorite dinner was the Cinderella dinner I think at 1900 Park Fair, they had Cinderella and the Prince (which I didn't care about) and they also had Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella who were all really funny and great. I did expect them to bad mouth Cinderella which they didn't do, but they were still really great.

This gave me the idea of having an all villain character meal, I would so do that. We always get the good guys, I'd like to get more of the bad guys.

Gaston
Jafar
Cruella de Vil
maybe Scar
The Queen from Snow White
Captain Hook
Stromboli
Queen of Hearts
Maleficent
Lady Termaine and the Step Sisters

There's a few that could work. Some are way too unrealistic to make a person come around in, but I think some would work. I'd love to see how a Gaston would act coming around.

Upvote 0

TheJonesys

Our children loved the character dining (age 4 and 7) we did the same as you except we did breakfast at the Tusker House and the Playhouse Disney lunch at Hollywood and Vine instead of 1900 park fare. The Tusker House was one of the best as we got meet Daisy Duck, a personal favourite and had a dance with Goofy. The Sci Fi was our quietest meal, our children were front seat drivers and we sat in the back, their meal was served and we didn't hear a peep out of them cos they were so engrossed in "The Blob" etc

So to answer your question you can never have too many character meals!!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom