Trip Report Too Many Cupcakes: Our First Trip Report! **Completed finally!!**

Hey everyone! So I decided to start my first trip report! ;) I love reading other reports and have always wanted to try writing one :) So here goes...

On this trip will be me, Gina and my husband Scott. This will be our 5th trip together. We love going to Disney and nobody else really understands why...every trip we hear "you are going again? Didn't you just go?" :mad: This will be our first trip since May 2012!

wedding photo :)

So a little pre-trip..the two weeks leading up to our leaving was very stressful! 10 days before we were supposed to leave I came down with the flu. It really kicked my butt. I was out of work for a week, couldn't hardly move never mind get things together for our trip.So the week I was sick my husband called and told me where he works they have a rewards program where you get points that are turned into gift cards...and Disney gift cards was an option! Score! So he had 300 in points, plus I had a $100 in disney gift cards from Christmas. Well...the wednseday before he leaves he calls me and tells me he just got a 500 point reward bonus! So we had now about $900 in disney gift cards! Its nice going on vacation and not having to worry about money. Then while we were gone we were going to be having work done on our house. We had lead paint in the house and were having an environmental company come out to remove it, put in new windows, doors, etc. So a couple days before we left, I found out that some of the doors I picked out were discontinued, so they had to come out to measure some more stuff and I had to re-pick new doors. I have no time for this! So by the time friday came I was ready to be out!

Our trip was February 1st-8th at Bay Lake Tower. My parents are DVC members, so we were able to stay on their points. :) We were flying out of Hartford direct flight to MCO. The night before was the usual last minute packing, running errands, and I had to drop off my fur children with my parents.

Daisy(dog) and Bella my furkids! I was so sad to leave them!

February 1st:

Travel days are the worst!! We were up at 4:45 am after getting about three hours of sleep. :mad: Everything went smoothly at the airport..except for the TSA agent screaming that I left my belt on...sorry dude! Now I ABSOLUTELY hate flying...I'm sweating just thinking about it! I had a mini melt down right before we boarded the plane.:cry: Popped a Xanax and off we went! Ride was smooth (according to my husband!) and we landed about 20 minutes early! Yeah! So off we went with magic bands in hand to the magical express. I don't know how many times we have been to MCO and seem to always loose our way when finding DME. Ended up on the wrong side of the terminal. So after about 15 minutes we were finally in line. We waited close to 20 minutes for a bus and finally we were on our way!

Soon we were seeing this beautiful sight! We were the last stop of course! :mad: This would be our first time at BLT. Every time we go they are always booked, but luckily I was able to get us a reservation for the full 8 days. We usually always stay at the Boardwalk Villas, so I was excited to try something new! Check in was a breeze, our room was ready, things were going well! We took the skywalk over to our room:

kitchen area with full length mirror that doubled as my makeup/hair straightening area!

We just had a standard view, but were able to see the bay lake and the castle on the left! The room was very nice. At this point it was around noon and we were STARVING!! So we walked over to Contempo Cafe in the main concourse. We picked up some mugs and got some grub!

Scott got a chicken sandwich that had a salsa like sauce on it...I thought it was good but he thought the sauce was too much. I got a chicken chop salad with cilantro vinaigrette dressing..I'm not a huge cilantro fan but the dressing was delicious! And we got a worms in dirt cupcake! Pleasantly full we were off to Epcot!

mjem216

Cue the tears...its our last day...:cry:

Last day...ugh!! I was excited to get home to the furkids...but still very sad to be leaving! ME was picking us up around 1:30, so we decided to just head back over to MK for a little bit. It was nice just to be able to walk over and not have to deal with transportation.
First thing we went down to the front desk to give them all our gift cards and apply it towards our room/magic band charge. I loved the magic bands, but it makes purchases a little too easy!

sad ride down elevator to front desk!
W
alked over to MK...another rainy and dreary day!

popcorn for breakfast!! delicious!!

I want one of these in my garden!

We just did a loop around the park, rode on a few rides that didn't have long lines. It was starting to rain and I did pack the ponchos this time! We decided to start heading over to the Polynesian. We were gonna eat at Kona as our last meal! As we were heading out, the parade was starting. I have never seen the rainy day parade..it was really cute!! They sang this song which I could not stop singing!

We got to the Poly and headed right up to Kona.

I really enjoy Kona. It was the first restaurant we went to when Scott and I first started going to Disney together..so it has a special place in my heart! :inlove: They had just opened so we were seated right away.

We started out with a lava roll...wow was it good! This is probably one of the best rolls I have ever had...so delicious! And we both got the grilled teriyaki steak...very good also!

And I also got a lapu lapu...can't go to Poly without getting one!

So there was a big party that was seated right by us, and they were celebrating a birthday. One of the guys came over and asked me what was I drinking out of that pineapple! We were all laughing and I told him about the lapu lapu and they all got one. Well, another table that was next to us who thought it was entirely inappropriate that I was drinking, and drinking that early(it was almost noon). And she made sure I could hear it. And the looks she was giving me. I wasn't loud or being obnoxious,or affecting her in ANY way, so I don't understand why she would care so much what I was drinking. So after about the fourth comment and stare I decided to do this:

Haha I showed her! Or so it thought lol. After scrapping all the pineapple out, it was time to go. :cry::cry: We got back on the monorail and headed back to the resort. The moment we stepped off the monorail, I completely lost it! I was so incredibly sad that we were leaving and couldn't hold it in anymore! I was balling like a baby. Scott didn't know what to do with me!! After a few minutes,I was better.
The ride back to the airport was uneventful...as was the flight back home.

Sad Scott on the ride to our terminal

Hooray for good snacks on the way home!

Back home in cold, cold Hartford :cold:
Last thoughts...
It was an amazing trip! It seems every trip is better than the last. I loved the magic bands...definitely a big fan of them. I didn't think I would enjoy wearing them all the time, but I hardly noticed them after the first day. I loved BLT, and being able to walk over to MK. But, I wish we had done another day in AK and HS. We definitely ate WAY too much, but whats a Disney trip without eating a ton!

Thank you all for reading my first trip report!
next time send her a drink for her eyeing yours !!!!!

slipperalwaysfits

So exciting that you only have 86 days left! Lucky you!
As for sweets, I do absolutely love the specialty sweets at Disney. I don't eat all of them, but I really enjoy the desserts that come with the dining plan. Occasionally, I get a sweet from the Confectionery. There are so many to choose from!! I'm a sucker for the fudge!

We are going to Beaches and Cream and Jellyrolls when we get in in 27 days! I am planning on eating more of the dessert than the entree at Beaches. Lol. My dad says "You are the only person I know who remembers the dessert and not the entrees at a restaurant." :D:p:)YUM YUM!

Thanks for reading! I can't wait to go back....we have 90 days left!

Haha...I think by the end of the trip I was sick of sweets! Thanks for reading along!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom