Too early???

tinks

We are wanting to plan a trip to wdw for nov 2007. do you think it's too early to start planning? will wdw even allow you to make reservations this early? I'm a little excited to get started.. :lol:

barnum42

There is a wide variety of Disney Visitors from those who make it up as they go along to those who micro manage the entire visit. It's your vacation, so whatever floats your boat, go for it.

I'm nearer the make it up as you go along end of the spectrum :wave:

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Wow Tinks! The earliest I ever planned was 7 mos. prior. Understand your enthusiasm though. Why don`t you start with the latest wdw guide books and get the vacation planning DVD to get warmed up! Nov. is awesome time to go!

Upvote 0

sbkline

We are wanting to plan a trip to wdw for nov 2007. do you think it's too early to start planning? will wdw even allow you to make reservations this early? I'm a little excited to get started.. :lol:

I reserved rooms for our April 2007 trip in April of this year. I don't know how much earlier that I could have done it had I so chose. I simply know that it was a full year in advance that I did reserve the rooms. Now, their ticket prices and dining plan prices were not available until last month, so I wasn't able to book a package until August. But the prices they announced were for all of 2007, so prices for November should be available. And even if you can't book right now (although you quite possibly can), you will certainly be able to book in November, since we booked a whole year in advance.

IMO, it's probably a little early to start detailed planning, but that's mainly because it just gets you all excited to go only to have the bummer of knowing that it's still more than a year away. And you won't know the park hours or the EMH for quite some time.

Upvote 0

reptar77

We start planning our next vacation during our current one or right after it. I always book a room as soon as I can then I wait for AP or Fl res discount and change. I found that booking this way always insures me a room.

Upvote 0

Stitch69

it's a little early. 15 months out. You won't get any discount- but if you are going during a busy time and want to make sure to get a room- go for it. Have fun- it's your trip!

Upvote 0

parker kim

Its never to early to stat planning I made res. for the dinner show at the polynesian resort 18 months in advance and had great seats front row and center.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

I'm going Oct 12-15 & we only started planning the trip in May/ June. We've gotten good reservations for everyhing we wanted without a problem.

Upvote 0

PrincessAimee

We booked our last vacation to Disney World 11 months in advance. We used a company I found through allearsnet.com called MouseEars vacations. They have a special service where they will book your vacation for you and if the rates drop before your vacation dates, they will try to get the newer rates for you. Other travel agencies will do that as well but for a price. Mouse Ears does it for free. They were so awesome we just booked our next vacation for May 2007. Pam & Chris Schuck were wonderful agents and very knowledgeable about Disney World.

Can't wait for May:p

Upvote 0
I'm the hugest freak in the world, and plan trips I'm not even sure we're taking yet. So go nuts - it's so fun!! Picking out restaurants, hotels, picking days in the parks, at DTD, water parks...it's like planning Christmas but BETTER!

(Then, when your trip finally comes, and you hand out your "itinerary" to your friends, and they see the small date stamp in the corner that says you started this 14 months earlier, they will leave you to find better friends. Who are not freaks. ;) JK...have fun!!!!)

Upvote 0

swimmom

It's never too early to start planning a trip to WDW. We are usually planning our next trip during our trip at WDW.

If you are going over Thanksgiving, and you have a specific resort and room type you want to reserve, I would go ahead and at least make a room reservation. There's nothing more disappointing than to plan where you want to stay and find out that there are no rooms available when you want to go.

Upvote 0

VeRTiGo91

We plan on returning some time in early 2008. I still think about everything we did and didn't do in March, and going from there!

(We're going to the beach next summer...although Disney would be more fun!)

V

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom