Too crowded

I am Timmy

If the free dining promotion is any indicator - last year and this year October was excluded for the first times since free dining started, I believe. That is probably due to the fact that October has become busy enough where discounts are no longer needed to reach capacity. In fact, the promotion has shifted - dates during the summer are now being added. There were reports that summer 2016 and this year had lower crowds than usual for the first time. Maybe between festivals (more) and heat (humidity!) fall is becoming the busier time.

Simba's Mom

I am on my 8th trip to Disney World and I have to say I am little disappointed. The crowd in October is the like a Christmas crowd. I thought traditionally it is less crowded in October. We have been twice before in October and it was not close to this crowd level. Disney now running specials to fill up the least crowded times? Any suggestions on a better month? I’m thinking February?

I agree with the October crowds. We just came back from our 10th consecutive October in WDW, and probably our last. Next time we're going in January, right after the marathon weekend. For the last few years DH has run the marathon, and afterwards, crowds really clear out. During the running of the marathon, he's heard many people talking about wondering if they'll have time after finishing the marathon to shower and change before the DME picks them up. People don't stay! I was there the week after the marathon a few years ago and loved the mild temperatures and low crowds.

Allym146

We were just there Oct 21-25 and I was surprised by the high crowds. Granted, the last time I was there in October was 8 years ago, but it was so much less crowded! I had a man behind me in line for barnstormer ask if kids were off of school because he couldn't believe how crowded it was either! We will probably go back to labor day weekend for our next trip.

ChanceH

When we were there last week it was crowded as I’ve seen it. Minimum wait for all rides was an hour. Rides that I’ve always seen with 20 min waits were hour plus. Even mission space was averaging 90 minutes for 3 days I was there. Saw spaceship earth at 55 min when I had a FP for it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Generally October crowds are more manageable than July crowds. But...you have to factor in certain things.

I disagree. I went during mid-july and honestly, crowds were about mid/average. Went a couple of weeks ago and all of the parks were TWICE as packed! Even in the rain! It was insane. July was actually a BETTER time to go (minus the heat.)

The only park that battles against this is Hollywood Studios... We were able to do everything in that park both visits. But... Then again... There's not a whole lot to do there.. So... Yea.

Also, Fantasmic has kept on being constantly delayed, cancelled, or stopped mid-show for me every time I've tried to see it for the past 2 and a half years.

DisneyDoctor

Everyone's posts about crowd levels during certain times of the year (October vs. July here) are really interesting, but I would love to see some numbers. Not questioning anyone, but numbers would tell a more complete story. Does the general public have access to that kind of data?

MickeyMomV

Everyone's posts about crowd levels during certain times of the year (October vs. July here) are really interesting, but I would love to see some numbers. Not questioning anyone, but numbers would tell a more complete story. Does the general public have access to that kind of data?
There are no published numbers anywhere. Everything is based on speculation and how the parks "feel".

BuddyThomas

image.jpeg
You have to "zag" while everyone else "zigs." Quite a few people will chase lines with MDE, but as mentioned before it's not always accurate. I rarely follow the wait times on MDE, especially during midday, I use it more in the morning/night. Also, people really need to learn to be content with not rushing and missing a few things. Pick out a few "must dos" and then be flexible with the remainder of your day. Finally, I think park hopper is great for managing efficiency and avoiding stress during an afternoon at MK. Hop over to EPCOT and casually stroll around WS. It'll refresh you, and I'm sure make your days less stressful allowing you to enjoy your vacation.
A "casual stroll around WS".

DisneyDoctor

View attachment 240865
A "casual stroll around WS".
It's definitely not that crowded everyday. If you're going to share a photo like this, provide a little context. For example, share the date, day of the week, and other relevant information. That's common sense, right? A Saturday in WS during Food and Wine is MUCH different than a Tuesday during a different time of the year. Use a little common sense, Buddy.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

It's definitely not that crowded everyday. If you're going to share a photo like this, provide a little context. For example, share the date, day of the week, and other relevant information. That's common sense, right? A Saturday in WS during Food and Wine is MUCH different than a Tuesday during a different time of the year. Use a little common sense, Buddy.
LOL

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
January is always a great time for us, I actually love when the morning's are in the 30's, thins the crowd a bit at rope drop, plus it usually warms back up to the 70's.

macefamily

We've always been early December visitors. The Christmas decorations are up, and the crowds do not seem too large. We're seeing things from a different perspective this year because we've been down mid-September, mid-October, and we're heading back Dec. 7th. Our daughter is in the Disney College program so we get cheap airfare from Philly, stay at a cheap condo in Kissimmee, and get a compact rental car for a long weekend. My daughter gets free park hopper tickets as an employee, so we pay $0 for Disney tickets. The crowds in September were very manageable. (9/20 - 9/25). Average wait times on the standard attractions were less than 30 minutes. October was definitely more crowded. (10/18 - 10/23). It was our first time going to Universal Horror Nights, and that was a complete mob scene on a Thursday night. We're hoping that early December is less crowded; it usually is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom