Too crowded

Tony1419

Original Poster
I am on my 8th trip to Disney World and I have to say I am little disappointed. The crowd in October is the like a Christmas crowd. I thought traditionally it is less crowded in October. We have been twice before in October and it was not close to this crowd level. Disney now running specials to fill up the least crowded times? Any suggestions on a better month? I’m thinking February?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Slow times are something that Disney has been trying manage with room rates, "free dining", and seasonal ticket prices. So its all up in the air.. spreading the crowds across the year is ideal since Disney has to staff everywhere .

bh_trade

I looked at MDE app twice this week. Space mtn was 20 min wait both times (afternoon). It will be 6x that long come Christmas break. There may be no "slow" season but some times are definitely busier than others. October is below average crowds, enjoy it if you are able to go this time of year

thomas998

I looked at MDE app twice this week. Space mtn was 20 min wait both times (afternoon). It will be 6x that long come Christmas break. There may be no "slow" season but some times are definitely busier than others. October is below average crowds, enjoy it if you are able to go this time of year
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the MDE app, it certainly sent us on some wild goose chases when we were using a week ago. It would show a time of 20 minutes and when we would get there in less than 3 minutes the time was 60 minutes... Also Space Mountain was up and down when we were there for long stretches at a time which can impact the wait times... We've been in December and October crowds this year were not at weekend before Christmas levels but were close at certain times of the day.

TXDisney

We still go in what is a “less crowded” times of the year. But WDW is just a very busy place. And that’s great bc Disney is always changing. And it allows people to constantly come back. But I don’t think there is such thing as low crowd times now. It’s lower crowd times. While you think it was busy when you went, it’s worse during a crowded time.

DisneyDoctor

You have to "zag" while everyone else "zigs." Quite a few people will chase lines with MDE, but as mentioned before it's not always accurate. I rarely follow the wait times on MDE, especially during midday, I use it more in the morning/night. Also, people really need to learn to be content with not rushing and missing a few things. Pick out a few "must dos" and then be flexible with the remainder of your day. Finally, I think park hopper is great for managing efficiency and avoiding stress during an afternoon at MK. Hop over to EPCOT and casually stroll around WS. It'll refresh you, and I'm sure make your days less stressful allowing you to enjoy your vacation.

I am on my 8th trip to Disney World and I have to say I am little disappointed. The crowd in October is the like a Christmas crowd. I thought traditionally it is less crowded in October. We have been twice before in October and it was not close to this crowd level. Disney now running specials to fill up the least crowded times? Any suggestions on a better month? I’m thinking February?
I like to go after the first of the year or after Labor Day. It's hard to find a time that it's not busy with schools now having fall and winter breaks added to spring and summer breaks it's hard to find a time that it's not busy.:)

Driver

Agreed I am here everyday, if there is an unexplained slow day and time permits. I change clothes and come back for a little while. Oddly some Sundays work out this way. So I jump in when and where I can.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Crowded where? A specific park? Resort? Restaurant?.....Generally October crowds are more manageable than July crowds. But...you have to factor in certain things. Let's look at October:

If you're in EPCOT on a Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday...you're going to have a good amount of locals due to Food and Wine.

The MK is not open most Friday and Sunday nights due to MNSSHP. Those not attending are going to other parks those nights (making those more crowded). And guess what? When MK is open on Saturday nights..it's going to be more crowded due to the fact it was closed Friday night and closing again Sunday night.

DisneyDoctor

Crowded where? A specific park? Resort? Restaurant?.....Generally October crowds are more manageable than July crowds. But...you have to factor in certain things. Let's look at October:

If you're in EPCOT on a Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday...you're going to have a good amount of locals due to Food and Wine.

The MK is not open most Friday and Sunday nights due to MNSSHP. Those not attending are going to other parks those nights (making those more crowded). And guess what? When MK is open on Saturday nights..it's going to be more crowded due to the fact it was closed Friday night and closing again Sunday night.
I think the MORE, in more manageable is key. It's all relative. A family accustomed to traveling in June/July will think crowds are low in October. Granted, crowds have been steadily rising throughout all months. But, it's important to realize it could be worse!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It could always be worse. They could close due to capacity as does happen from time to time. But point being....if someone plans on going to EPCOT on a Sunday evening in late October as F&W is nearing it's final few weekends and 5000 locals decide to show up...along with another 7500 additional WDW resort guests who don't have the option of going to MK that night due to the party.....the first impression is going to be...OMG this place is insanely crowded...what's going on?

Cmdr_Crimson

It could always be worse. They could close due to capacity as does happen from time to time. But point being....if someone plans on going to EPCOT on a Sunday evening in late October as F&W is nearing it's final few weekends and 5000 locals decide to show up...along with another 7500 additional WDW resort guests who don't have the option of going to MK that night due to the party.....the first impression is going to be...OMG this place is insanely crowded...what's going on?

Man that was a mistake I learned on my 2014 trip...Landed at MCO around 5pm got to Epcot at 6:30...It was swamped with the locals on the last day it was just a mess..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom