Tony's Town Square or Mama Melrose's?

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
I'm trying to come up with some ideas of restaurants to book for our August trip and I was wondering what your thoughts were on these two places? Which one is better? They both had some pretty mixed reviews from what I've read so far. I'm not expecting Italian food to be that great at Disney, but I don't want it to be disgusting either. I just am looking to sprinkle in a bit of variety into our ADRs. So far I think I'd really like the theme of Tony's since Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorite Disney movies. What are your thoughts?

R W B

I've been to Tony's and the food I thought was good but I think our server woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning, wasn't really in the greatest mood. Everything came out in a timely manner an correct, just his mood was kind of a downer. Can't hold it against the restaurant though.

Always heard good things about Melrose though and plan on trying it next trip.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm part Italian and still say Hands down Mama Melrose!!! Lol Tony's was our worst restaurant experience on property meh food, not so great/bad service, etc.
We eat at Mama Melrose every single trip and as recently as this past October and it was as delicious as always.
People will tell you it's like "Olive Garden" and no it's a lot better than Olive Garden by far and we like Olive Garden for what it is but Mama's is definately above them.
But bottom line look at both menus and aee what appeals to you more for us that's Mama's. :)

disneylover97

I personally liked Tony's better than Mama Melrose :p Tony's has huge portions for a cheap(er) price and I loved the atmosphere. Tony's food I thought was very good considering it was "Disney Italian" and because you love Lady and the Tramp I highly recommend you visit Tony's. Mama's has extremely low lighting making it very dark and the food was fine. To me Tony's has Great food, great service, and a really great theme!

Both of the restaurants are very nice but I do prefer Tony's over Mama's :) hope that helps and you enjoy your time in the world

belledream

Mama Melrose's food was delicious, while Tony's was average in our opinion. Both are well-themed! I would jump and say MM if I was just reading the title of this post, but with your comment about loving Lady and the Tramp, I'd go with Tony's. Disney dining is about atmosphere to me, and if the food is still very decent, I'd take the adventure. :)

DisneyFans4Life

I haven't eaten at Melrose yet, but we have an ADR for one of day trips in the next couple months. We've eaten at Tony's quite a few times and really enjoyed it. The food is delicious and the service is quick...not to mention kids really enjoy the atmosphere.

I will also say that Tutto Italia at the Italy pavilion was fantastic. It's a bit more upscale and expensive than Tony's...but I would definitely go back there again for dinner.

THECARISMINE

Neither are great but at least Melrose has nice servers and passable food. Try to avoid Tony's, My family has given them far to many chances to redeem themselves. They need to either completely change the place or just turn it into a meet and greet. Harsh but true, it was that bad last time we went.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Mama Melroses' is our preferred venue of the two choices, however you can always get a seat at Tony's. It all depends on which park you want to be in that day and how long you have budgeted for your meals. Tony's is nothing spectacular, fairly bland food but its filling and its a sit down out of the elements. The only Lady and the Tramp centric area is the center which has the topiary fountain..but its light and open.

Mama's food is better IMHO, but can be difficult to get reservations some times. A much quieter dining experience but it can be dark in the interior.

Last edited:

PEPPER2029

We have been to mamma Melrose quite often. It has always been great experiences. We went to tony's last April and the menu was terrible, the place was loud and we did not enjoy anything. Stick with mm.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Thanks everyone! I think we are going to go ahead and try to book Mama Melrose's for our DHS day in the parks.

Your very welcome! Another tidbit make sure to book Mama Melrose right at 180 days because it fills up quickly. Also if you decide to do the Fantasmic Package sometimes they don't release the packages right at 180 days and it wil look like its full but it's not they just didn't release the bookings yet. I have seen it take a month or so after sometimes to release the Fantasmic bookings for whatever weird reason. Lol :)

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
Your very welcome! Another tidbit make sure to book Mama Melrose right at 180 days because it fills up quickly. Also if you decide to do the Fantasmic Package sometimes they don't release the packages right at 180 days and it wil look like its full but it's not they just didn't release the bookings yet. I have seen it take a month or so after sometimes to release the Fantasmic bookings for whatever weird reason. Lol :)

Thanks for the tip! We may do that. We'll be doing the dining plan so is there any additional charge of booking the Fantasmic package?

sxeensweet

Thanks for the tip! We may do that. We'll be doing the dining plan so is there any additional charge of booking the Fantasmic package?

Your welcome!! No no extra charge if you decide to do that. It just uses your dining plan credits like normal.
I personally have never gotten the package even though we always purchase the dining plan, but know many people that do the package. We just use a fast pass for Fantasmic now. You do get better seats though now with the dining package because they now seat you in the middle sections and FP and stand by are on the sides. :)

britdaw

We ate at Tony's last time we went to the World, and we liked it ok. My husband and I both loved our food, but both our girls got the spaghetti and said it was lackluster. We really love "Lady and the Tramp", though, so I think we were more into the nostalgia of it all.

MaryJaneP

Neither for us too. We absolutely hate Tony's, had multiple poor experiences there. Should have learned from our first horrible meal, but gave it another chance and then were roped in with family. All bad. If you enjoy "Lady and the tramp", rent the DVD and eat somewhere else. Mamma's was barely passable, so gun to our head, guess we would have to choose there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom