Tony's Town Square help!!!

NancyinCt

Original Poster

I've been thinking of trying Tony's. Has anyone been there lately? How is the food? How hard is it to get an ADR for this restuarant?

Thanks in advance.

Nancyinct

Phonedave

I've been thinking of trying Tony's. Has anyone been there lately? How is the food? How hard is it to get an ADR for this restuarant?

Thanks in advance.

Nancyinct

My opinion, and again its an opinion, is that its "Olive Garden" food.

It did not find it bad, but not particulary good either.

Think the kind of dishes your local pizza place may churn out.

-dave

balletgirl2

The last time I was there was last August. It is olive garden type food, but I have always liked it. I enjoy going there because of its location. It is right by the front gate so it makes it an easy to get to spot. The CMs have always been over the top helpful there in my experience. I also like all of the Lady and the Tramp pictures on the wall. I have always used an ADR going there so I do not if it is easy to get a walk up or not.

Tiggerfanatic

The last time we were there was Thanksgiving week 2 years ago, and it was busy. We really liked the food, and our server was wonderful. I would do it again.

islesgirl

i haven't been there in nearly 2 years, but that is because when i went we didn't like it at all. maybe it is because we are italian and i was raised with really amazing italian food, lol, but the only thing we liked was the decor

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I Love Tonys we went last year and we all had the spag and meatballs ha, the food was great, my dgf's dd loved eating at Lady and The Tramps fave place and we had 2 book it again dis year!! As far as adr's go i just booked it to make sure we eat der bt last august we wer at d world 4 2weeks and got a table for 7pm our 2nd monday der which we booked at reception a week b4 so it seems relatively easy

Chevross

It's a great place to eat, you should definitely try it. It serves italian food, just like Olive Garden and any other italian service does, but it is one of the best places to eat at in the Magic Kingdom in my own opinion.

bbrerrabbit

This doesn't really help your question, but they used to have great breakfast!! If I go there now it's just for the atmosphere. I really. really miss the breakfast. I wish they would bring it back.

Mr Toad

I would say more of a combo of Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden. Its by no means bad. Solid service, nice atmosphere. We love eating there. Its just no different from eating at a real nice Italian Restaurant.

Chevross

I would say more of a combo of Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden. Its by no means bad. Solid service, nice atmosphere. We love eating there. Its just no different from eating at a real nice Italian Restaurant.

That's because it is supposed to be a real nice Disney Italian Restaurant. :ROFLOL:

Phonedave

It's a great place to eat, you should definitely try it. It serves italian food, just like Olive Garden and any other italian service does, but it is one of the best places to eat at in the Magic Kingdom in my own opinion.

I will agree with that, only because the MK has such limited dining :)

-dave

Rob562

On our vacation a few weeks ago, for our final evening of the trip I had only made an ADR for Artist Point, in case we had extra Table Service credits left. Well, we only had two credits so we decided to just wing it.

When we got to the MK, we decided on Tony's. We stopped into City Hall, but unfortunately the CM had absolutely nothing available. Also had them check Whispering Canyon Cafe, but the only time they had was almost 9PM. We settled on Liberty Tree at 5:05PM. (Not bad, considering it was after 1130AM day-of)

Well, later that afternoon we were shopping our way down Main Street to fill some time before heading to Liberty Tree. As we got to Town Square, on a whim I decided to stop by Tony's and see if they could take us as a walk-up. Sure enough, they could! We had them cancel the LTT reservation, and we were seated in less than 5 minutes.
Of course, this *was* just before 5PM, at the very beginning of their dinner service. But it's not impossible to be a walk-in.

Oh, and I agree with those who likened it to an Olive Garden. We both had the Seafood Diavoli. Very good, just the right amount of spice for my taste. It was perhaps the 2nd or 3rd favorite Table Service meal we had that week (definitely behind Le Cellier, and maybe Biergarten)

-Rob

Ceekling

Several years ago, my son was obsessed with Lady and the Tramp and desperately wanted to eat at Tony's so we ate there the first night. The food was wonderful (calamari!) as was the service. It's become our traditional 'first night dinner' now. Each time has been really enjoyable. If you get there early enough you can eat on the patio which is nice (if its not raining). I'm having my birthday dinner there in 3 weeks.

Mrs.Toad

I haven't gone to Tony's in over 10 years too.

God, at that time I think they even had a different sponser let alone a different menu.

What is good for dinner? That may help the thread creator. Well, I need Tony's help too.:)

Ceekling

I haven't gone to Tony's in over 10 years too.

God, at that time I think they even had a different sponser let alone a different menu.

What is good for dinner? That may help the thread creator. Well, I need Tony's help too.
Spag and meatballs :slurp:
I try a new dish everytime I go. But they are mainly pasta dishes.

*looks at usernames* Shouldn't you two be going together? :lol:

Anyway, I've had the Seafood Diavolo, the Rigatoni Fagioli, and the Catch of the Day (it was salmon that night) and all have been great. For dessert my husband loves the tiramisu, but I'm a huge fan of the Creme Brulee.

RiversideBunny

IMHO, if it weren't for the Disney Dining Plan Tony's Town Square Restaurant would be almost void of customers.
It serves as a last choice place for guests who can't get ADR's anywhere else.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom