tonga toast

RPMdfw

Tonga Toast is two thick slices of bread with Bananas between them, dipped into an egg mixure and fried french toast style and then covered in cinnamon and sugar. It can be found at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. YES IT IS TOTALLY WORTH THE DRIVE!

:D

Upvote 0

Scooter

Be forewarned...

Tonga Toast is REALLY REALLY excessively sweet.

My wife and I tried it on our last trip in October.
Neither one of us cared for it.
Ya might as well just eat a couple of spoonfulls of Sugar...LOL :lol: :lol:

Seriously, some people Love it but if you don't like a morning sugar Buzz you may not care for Tonga Toast

Upvote 0

tigsmom

TONGA TOAST

Ingredients:

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
oil or shortening for frying
whipped butter and/or syrup

Method:

Cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff two pieces of fruit in each pocket of bread; set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Mix together well the egg, milk and vanilla.

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350º F. Dip stuffed bread into egg/milk mixture and let it soak a few seconds to let penetrate bread. Fry bread on both sides in hot oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels or wire rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.

Upvote 0

sigsegv

Tonga Toast is a sugar bomb! Tasty, but be prepared to be buzzing for the next hour or so after you eat it and to crash an hour or so after that.

(BTW, I had TT twice on my last trip in November. :slurp: )

-sig

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom