Ton Newton - Out

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh you shouldn't have brought up LOTR.

Amazon defiled it so badly. The problem is pervasive industrywide, not just limited to Disney.
I think Jackson did a bang of job of not following his instincts when they took a short story and making a 10 hour movie out of it.

But Amazon did it no favors as well
Not only that but from what I've heard, just like Han Solo, they essentially "reset" Indy by taking away his wife and son. (Mangold has stated that Mutt's absence will be addressed in the movie, while Marion is reduced to a cameo.)
It’s a disaster from the description. I do hope That’s wrong.
Peter Jackson did nothing wrong.

Except for padding The Hobbit into a trilogy....that was pointless.
That looked pretty awful…I think he could have resisted.

Corporate Hollywood made him look stupid.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep…Disney never saw the need In remaking the same movies…that’s why they scored ten billion or so on these originals:
1687473133073.png

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Is your thought or belief that DEI has played a major role in damaging Disney’s creativity?

Is your thought or belief that casting an African American as Ariel or including a tertiary LGBTQ character in Lightyear contributed to making those films creatively underwhelming?
Damaging creativity no. Contributing in ways to some of their lack of movie box office numbers and current stock price related to that yes.

And no that doesn’t make a film underwhelming, Disney is becoming good at underwhelming movies on their own, but it can make some not want to see it because of what is seen as being unnecessarily forced in there by Disney and therefore hurts the company’s image and overall profit

SamusAranX

Indy was ruined with 4. That movie was terrible. It and Rise of Skywalker are currently competing for the top honor of being the biggest pile of refuse Lucas Films has released in my book. They have some other bad ones out there but those two both put the final nails in the coffins of major franchises.

Who knows, maybe 5 is even worse but I doubt it will get nearly as many people going to see it because 4 was so bad. I know I won't bother.
I gotta out myself here…. I *love* Indy 4.

I said it. It feels good to get it off my chest

Splash4eva

Got banned, and here you are again under a new name, posting all your phobic trollish racist garbage as usual. How many times do you plan to do this?
Funny you dont even know me & are calling me names and making accusations. You should be banned for life with these statements!!!! Fyi i was in an interracial relationship for years. I have 2 cousins legally married who are gay. So take your accusations & trash & see your way out pal!

Nubs70

The NHL just announced they’re eliminating special pregame jerseys on themed nights, they’ll still have the themed night, they just won’t force their players to wear the jersey because the controversy over players not wearing them was overshadowing the message of the nights.

I suspect this is just the first of many moves businesses will make to avoid the controversy.
NHL should just play hockey.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So why is the problem Disney and not an audience that is rejecting films with prominent minority roles? It certainly seems like that’s a pretty dang big social issue the country needs to address. One might even congratulate Disney for taking steps to address it.
I think the Rush Hour movie franchise and many others would like a word with you.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
looks like this thread went off the rails last night

Don’t get so rattled just because someone doesn’t think the same as you. That doesn’t make them wrong, violent, a troll, racist, someone that should be banned, etc.

Let’s get back to discussing the topic and why we think this happened which was all pretty tame, even with different opinions being shared.

Last edited:

Dranth

I gotta out myself here…. I *love* Indy 4.

I said it. It feels good to get it off my chest
I'm not one to dog someone for what they like and I am glad there is someone out there that enjoyed it but in this case I just don't get it. That is what makes the world interesting though, would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.

Also, you're wrong and should be punished!

SamusAranX

I'm not one to dog someone for what they like and I am glad there is someone out there that enjoyed it but in this case I just don't get it. That is what makes the world interesting though, would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.

Also, you're wrong and should be punished!
I think when you step back and consider the context of the story and what they were going for, it improves. YMMV of course

Dranth

I think when you step back and consider the context of the story and what they were going for, it improves. YMMV of course
Fair, and I don't even think the story was that bad though I strongly prefer Indy dealing with religion and the supernatural instead of aliens. Regardless, the execution was just awful, at least to me.

Sharon&Susan

Surprised that no one here yet has mentioned the controversy around Disney's Primos, where some people are going so far as to call it racist. This video summarizes the situation better than I can and gives a balanced take on it:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom