Ton Newton - Out

doctornick

MLB announced they won’t be wearing themed uniforms anymore either, looks like that’s the way sports are heading, the social/political climate has become so divided it’s the only safe outcome.

I think companies just need to get a better grasp at how to “tow the line” to promote social issues while not upsetting large numbers of your customers (or workers when it comes to professional athletes for these teams). I think for Disney if would be helpful for their eventual new DEI head to be able to manage that more effectively and honestly it’s not an easy thing to do.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think companies just need to get a better grasp at how to “tow the line” to promote social issues while not upsetting large numbers of your customers (or workers when it comes to professional athletes for these teams). I think for Disney if would be helpful for their eventual new DEI head to be able to manage that more effectively and honestly it’s not an easy thing to do.
I agree, I think the MLB and NHL are taking the proper approach, they are looking at what works and what doesn’t and adjusting, they aren’t dropping the nights altogether, just dropping the parts that inevitably result in controversy and overshadow the intent.

Lilofan

How about this for a inclusive marketing campaign:

Hockey for All
Chicago fans were stupid to chant at Washington Caps Devante Kelly who is black who was in the penalty box in Chicago " basketball, basketball, basketball. ". This shows how some ignorant fans feel about OTW athletes playing professional ice hockey.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Chicago fans were stupid to chant at Washington Caps Devante Kelly who is black who was in the penalty box in Chicago " basketball, basketball, basketball. ". This shows how some ignorant fans feel about OTW athletes playing professional ice hockey.
Fans are often nasty in sports, last week they had to end a USA / Mexico soccer match here in Vegas because the team Mexico supporters wouldn’t stop offensive chants. All sports have toxic fans but Soccer seems to be the most toxic, probably because it’s also the most played globally and also the most diverse globally.

LSLS

Fans are often nasty in sports, last week they had to end a USA / Mexico soccer match here in Vegas because the team Mexico supporters wouldn’t stop offensive chants. All sports have toxic fans but Soccer seems to be the most toxic, probably because it’s also the most played globally and also the most diverse globally.
Hockey has a large issue on the ice as well

Lilofan

I would argue this means they’re trying to walk some of their DEI initiatives back. There is no reason someone leaves a job of this stature unless a - they’re not happy with how the company is handling DEI because they’re trying to roll it back or b - they’re getting rid of her because they know she won’t support the rolling back of certain initiatives.

I could be wrong but the fact that her exit was scooped by Variety tells me this is an Iger hit job. They use Variety and THR to do their dirty work.

Zenia Mucha should be back in the next 30 days or so I imagine if this continues.
Zenia coming out of retirement probably accepted an offer she couldn't refuse. She's the new PR chief of Tik Tok to help with damage control. Tik Tok surely needs her help.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Some execs, athletes , the sport itself in regards to diversity, inclusion, influence their fans and millions of others to raise awareness. Social issues and injustice is real world and some who choose to close their eyes is unfortunate.

I think if a company really, REALLY cares, they would do a better job of improving the working conditions and living welfare of their employees. They don't, they say they do, but they don't. So they'll put on a show once in awhile as a sign of "good gesture" because it's cheap. In reality it's a façade.

Lilofan

I think if a company really, REALLY cares, they would do a better job of improving the working conditions and living welfare of their employees. They don't, they say they do, but they don't. So they'll put on a show once in awhile as a sign of "good gesture" because it's cheap. In reality it's a façade.
I am all for what you are saying but generally a business owner with increased labor costs will be passing on the labor cost increases to you know who.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I am all for what you are saying but generally a business owner with increased labor costs will be passing on the labor cost increases to you know who.

True. For a major corporation though I like to make the comparison of a Costco or in-n-out employee to a Disney employee. competitive package vs minimum wage. Disney will put on a show about how much they care (especially regarding the message), while Costco / in-n-out keep their focus / vision and treat their employees well in general.

Lilofan

True. For a major corporation though I like to make the comparison of a Costco or in-n-out employee to a Disney employee. competitive package vs minimum wage. Disney will put on a show about how much they care (especially regarding the message), while Costco / in-n-out keep their focus / vision and treat their employees well in general.
Just as of curiosity does Costco give their staff discounted or free food / merchandise, free tuition for college courses ? I'd say Disney cast with perks like free access to theme parks for themselves, and family friends, discounted merchandise, resort stays, DCL, are good deals.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Just as of curiosity does Costco give their staff discounted or free food / merchandise, free tuition for college courses ? I'd say Disney cast with perks like free access to theme parks for themselves, and family friends, discounted merchandise, resort stays, DCL, are good deals.

I'm not sure if Costco does or not. Disney has some very nice perks but they don't provide livable wages to a lot of people.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Costco is great

The problem with Disney is they depress wages across the board to try and maintain a large, “cheap”, unwieldy work force.

I get why…but still

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Zenia coming out of retirement probably accepted an offer she couldn't refuse. She's the new PR chief of Tik Tok to help with damage control. Tik Tok surely needs her help.

I saw that. They must have backed the Brinks truck up to her door.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
IMG_5505.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom