News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Movielover

No, they haven’t. A simple image search on Google will show you otherwise.
One simple Google search later...

1667202403711.png

1667202428070.png

1667202451620.png

1667202470660.png

TrainsOfDisney

Yup! crazy how a lot of these normal operational things are not pointed out until they are part of a new project. Also, when I found those pictures, I spent a long time just looking at the trains lol. man, I miss them!
So indeed I was wrong…. Because I do see them even back in a picture of the Lilly belle at the old toontown station - which was a long time ago.

But to be fair, they are a lot more noticeable when they are brand new and bright silver… not sure if the old ones had been painted or just aged naturally.

_caleb

Movielover

If you’re going to photoshop conduit between the rails, you could at least make the train the same color in each photo. In the third image, you’ve switched the colors on the boiler and cab! And fake smoke from an electric engine? Who are you trying to fool?
tenor.gif

_caleb

it's gonna have to be gargantuan crazy tall bamboo to hide that....lol
From Buzz's M&G all the way to the Northern end of Speedway, the Big Blue Box is practically invisible from the ground level. The TTA and Speedway landscaping, and the ride's canopy pretty much hides it. Of course, when you're up on the TTA, you'll see it clearly. But many attractions that give you height often break 'sight lines.' (I'm on a Tomorrowland ride, but I can see four different lands!!!)

Once you round Speedway and head to the RR station, the BBB is obvious. (As well as the BoH building between Dumbo and Speedway painted go-away-green... but I've never seen anyone complain about it.)

Once you pass the station and start walking along the shortcut patch between Circus and Tomorrowland, there is a wall of tall Arbor Vitae that you're right next to, which completely blocks the view of the BBB.

Plant more of that elsewhere, and almost all sightline problems (from within the park at ground level) disappear. The most recent pictures of the site show tall, full trees being planted to hide other sight lines, such as what will be from the train.

bcoachable

I woke up this morning with this thought, and wanted to ask the experts:
Has it been discussed and kicked around that the train just might not open, or only open for a short time, after Tron opens due to the work that will then begin (soon) on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure thing?

James Alucobond

Has it been discussed and kicked around that the train just might not open, or only open for a short time, after Tron opens due to the work that will then begin (soon) on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure thing?
The extent of modification to the exterior does not look like it would impact the railroad. I suppose they might close the Frontierland station for a time if they intend to modify it, but that shouldn’t impact train operations more broadly.

EDIT: I also realize now I responded to a question directed toward experts, which is, uh, not me.

bcoachable

The extent of modification to the exterior does not look like it would impact the railroad. I suppose they might close the Frontierland station for a time if they intend to modify it, but that shouldn’t impact train operations more broadly.

EDIT: I also realize now I responded to a question directed toward experts, which is, uh, not me.
Haha- I I sometimes think all of us are experts on here from time to time- right?!?! Thanks for the “think through” thoughts!

Andrew M

Disney spends so much money to do things right and then does something like that. It’s baffling.

Not only does it look bad…. It’s also an issue when they need to replace ties and sections of rail.
Actually when they replace ties, they dig a hole on the side of the tracks, remove spikes and slide the tie out under the rails. So it's less intrusive to the operation than a buried trench adjacent to the right of way.

EricsBiscuit

I think that would depend on how much they plan on changing the facade. Most of Splash Mountain is tucked away in a show building behind the tracks so hopefully they don’t need to close the railroad for long, if at all.

disneyworlddad

I took a turn on the TTA People Mover on Saturday. I didn't get a picture but it looks like the track is completed. I haven't been following along to this thread so excuse me if this was already done. It looked like they were doing some cable or electrical work by the tracks perhaps for signals or monitoring system.

tparris

I took a turn on the TTA People Mover on Saturday. I didn't get a picture but it looks like the track is completed. I haven't been following along to this thread so excuse me if this was already done. It looked like they were doing some cable or electrical work by the tracks perhaps for signals or monitoring system.
Track has been completed for a few weeks now, but there are a lot of posts in this thread so it’s understandable that you didn’t see it. I went on the PeopleMover earlier today and I have to admit I really like the amount of greenery they’ve added over the past few weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom