Tomorrowland Review

216bruce

Love the concept, love the trailer, but judging by the response it's gotten by reviews, I probably won't rush out to see it so quickly. Looks great though, but saw with Tomorrowland, I'm certain it'll be a box office fumble.
Yeah, the content of blockbuster films falls into a pretty narrow scope these days....superheroes, sequels and remakes or talking animal animation (but must have fart jokes). Other stuff is on shaky box office ground.

prberk

Love the concept, love the trailer, but judging by the response it's gotten by reviews, I probably won't rush out to see it so quickly. Looks great though, but saw with Tomorrowland, I'm certain it'll be a box office fumble.

Yeah, the content of blockbuster films falls into a pretty narrow scope these days....superheroes, sequels and remakes or talking animal animation (but must have fart jokes). Other stuff is on shaky box office ground.

You know, guys, not say that this movie will (or even should) do boffo box office, I think we DO have some control over the box office for innovative non-formula films in general. By not going to them we contribute to the problem.

Again, not sure about this one yet, but I do think we need to support innovative and good non-sequel movies by voting with our money, as I was glad to do for Tomorrowland. I plan to check this one out at the theatre also.

216bruce

You know, guys, not say that this movie will (or even should) do boffo box office, I think we DO have some control over the box office for innovative non-formula films in general. By not going to them we contribute to the problem.

Again, not sure about this one yet, but I do think we need to support innovative and good non-sequel movies by voting with our money, as I was glad to do for Tomorrowland. I plan to check this one out at the theatre also.
We are lucky enough to have a locally owned theater chain in town and one of their cinemas is about 10 minutes from our house. They show a nice mix of "Hollywood" and smaller films and we go to see both kinds. I have a weakness for Marvel films but loved a lot of the smaller box office films that came out too. Loved "Fences", "Moonlight", "Manchester by the Sea", "LaLa Land", "Florence Foster Jenkins" but still dug "Civil War", "Rogue One" and "Moana". I think the biggest issue for the homogenization of films is that many, many folks know they can wait and watch them at home. When they do so they tend to watch ones that they remember were out and these are likely the ones EVERYONE is talking about...the hits. They forget about the smaller ones and for a lot of folks, they just want 'safe' stuff...i.e. something that they've seen before repeated again but under a new title- sequels and remakes. It doesn't help that the decisions are largely made for purely financial reasons and not to create something unique/great/ art.

Figments Friend

Well, the reviews were mixed for 'Tomorrowland' so I expect the same for 'Space Between Us'.
I ignore press reviews in general, and will go and see a film based solely on my own interest in seeing it.

A lot of reviewers didn't like 'Tomorrowland' as we all recall, yet a core group of viewers like us DID.
We loved it!

I find most of the films the reviewers love and rave about I am not overly keen on, and the one's they deem as lousy I end up liking a lot.
'Tomorrowlamd' is just one example.

So reviewers cannot , and should not, take the place of your own free will to see a film.
Go and see it if you are interested.
Stuff the film critics...

:D

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom