Tomorrowland new entrance

VJ

To help tide people over in the wait for ROTR, now pushed back to September 2020, the rocks will be installed as a breathtaking, immersive new climbing structure in the Batuu jungle known as a 'jungle gym,' a new addition to the Star Wars canon.
you should write for the onion; your satire skills are incredible

George Lucas on a Bench

They're bringing in a drill team.

GettyImages-51095228.jpg

Disneylover152

Interesting how WDW painted the rocks blue while DLR is removing them entirely. I wonder if it wasn't for the insane bottlenecking if they would just paint them blue instead.

Also, I think Tomorrowland would look pretty cool if the rocks were painted blue like here:

with a new Astro Orbiter in the style of HKDL.

To be clear, this is what I would do if it wasn't for the insane bottlenecking. I think this design would look extremely cool.

mickEblu

Interesting how WDW painted the rocks blue while DLR is removing them entirely. I wonder if it wasn't for the insane bottlenecking if they would just paint them blue instead.

Also, I think Tomorrowland would look pretty cool if the rocks were painted blue like here:

View attachment 399549

with a new Astro Orbiter in the style of HKDL.

View attachment 399550

To be clear, this is what I would do if it wasn't for the insane bottlenecking. I think this design would look extremely cool.

The blue is better but the Orbitor or an equivalent needs to get out of the hub and back to it’s old location.

TROR

I'd like to see the sleek look of the Rocket Jets return. Really shouldn't be too hard to design an eye pleasing, simple spinner. Use the orb shape that currently exists, paint it silver, put a radio tower/satellite on top (?), and place it above Tomorrowland. I never got to experience the Rocket Jets above the People Mover platform but I imagine it was one of those experiences that 'elevated' the attraction while looking sharp.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I really don't think this 1980's Tomorrowland is all the outdated. The aesthetic still feels very much like something out of the future and science fiction that could exist today.

1566198182007-png.399556

I really adore this People Mover color scheme, too. It's so fresh. And the palm trees in the land are brilliant! If they're keeping the lagoon, I want more palm trees. That tropical paradise feeling of Tomorrowland is definitely part of its identity.

Attachments

• 1566198182007.png
    1566198182007.png
    814.1 KB · Views: 601

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I'd like to see the sleek look of the Rocket Jets return. Really shouldn't be too hard to design an eye pleasing, simple spinner. Use the orb shape that currently exists, paint it silver, put a radio tower/satellite on top (?), and place it above Tomorrowland. I never got to experience the Rocket Jets above the People Mover platform but I imagine it was one of those experiences that 'elevated' the attraction while looking sharp.
View attachment 399552View attachment 399554

Maybe I'm delusional, but I really don't think this 1980's Tomorrowland is all the outdated. The aesthetic still feels very much like something out of the future and science fiction that could exist today.

View attachment 399555
1566198182007-png.399556

I really adore this People Mover color scheme, too. It's so fresh. And the palm trees in the land are brilliant! If they're keeping the lagoon, I want more palm trees. That tropical paradise feeling of Tomorrowland is definitely part of its identity.
Man you missed out. Those are the rockets I grew up with and man the view was incredible. Also the people mover was soo much fun. Me and my mother would ride it all the time so we could rest our feet. It was better at night. Man I wish I could go back to those days. That's not a lot to ask for is it?

Professortango1

View attachment 399552View attachment 399554

View attachment 399555
1566198182007-png.399556

Not a fan of that look. It screams 80's mall to me.

Disneylover152

Did you ever experience the old TL?

No but I’ve experienced WDW Tomorrowland and the land kinda feels dead walking into it. The Astro orbiters where Disneyland’s was and the people movers moving but when u first walk in it’s just feels like it’s lacking something.

mickEblu

No but I’ve experienced WDW Tomorrowland and the land kinda feels dead walking into it. The Astro orbiters where Disneyland’s was and the people movers moving but when u first walk in it’s just feels like it’s lacking something.

Well that’s just the thing. The hub is supposed to be a neutral space and an extension of Main Street. Imagine Adventureland and Frontierland took the same approach as TL and had a giant moving weenie in the hub. It would be a carnival. Also, I think having a spinner in the hub just looks tacky and feels out of place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom