News Tomorrowland love

Mainahman

Actually, I've been advocating SGE become a play/dance party space for kids with a techno theme. Which is basically Tomorrowland PLAY!

Maybe each park should have a PLAY! space so tykes can run in circles at full speed shrieking like banshees.

And each space have a plexi-glass separated space for parents to keep an eye on the kids while they enjoy an adult beverage.
You had me at Adult Beverage.

bcoachable

I wonder if SGE could end up being something similar in scale and design to what they did with the building next to RR (that was supposed to be for after hours cheerleader and dance team parties) that ended up being a Cars themed something (show/party/singalong whatever)

SteamboatJoe

SGE becoming some sort of interactive and/or exhibit area actually makes sense since I imagine they don't have the guts or desire to revert back to its former incarnation. The limited space and inability to expand it in any direction without significant cost/impact doesn't really make it conducive for much else.

DCLcruiser

SGE becoming some sort of interactive and/or exhibit area actually makes sense since I imagine they don't have the guts or desire to revert back to its former incarnation. The limited space and inability to expand it in any direction without significant cost/impact doesn't really make it conducive for much else.
DVC of Tomorrow Exhibit. Come and experience what you could buy as we voyage through space and time...

tirian

I'm disappointed in the update Tomorrowland has gotten. It was meant to be a throwback to the original Tomorrowland of 1971, but instead, it's a mess.

If they wanted to incorporate Tron into the theme of the land, they could have easily been inspired by the digital world. Gears and mechanics of the 1930s/1940s retro-future could have made way for a computer/internet cityscape that could easily still thrive off of retro-futurism while still remaining relevant today.
  • Shiny black rocks with gridlines on them (rather than metallic blue rocks)
  • LED light tubes (rather than neon)
  • Circut design flourishes (rather geometric patterns)
  • moving graphics on electronic billboards add digitized kinetic energy
  • play on word names like Terra-Bites (plant-based foods), The Space Bar (a nod to the past), CyberSpace Mountain
  • use of familiar names and IPs like Buy-N-Large, XS-Tech, & Game Central Station
  • Synthwave BGM music
Imagine if those rocks had embedded LEDs constantly flowing “data” from bottom to top. Tron-like gridlines would look amazing.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Imagine if those rocks had embedded LEDs constantly flowing “data” from bottom to top. Tron-like gridlines would look amazing.
Imagine if the "Rocks" disappeared and there were giant spires with flowing information LEDs like tron...and their were two huge Gull Wing canopies in the shape of the former waterfalls...Also illuminated and ever changing... What if it was gleaming white and futuristic...and the pavement was imbedded with thousands of fiber optic effect making a living walkway...with color lighted strips leading to each attraction...
What if Tomorrowland was creative and interactive and really beautiful again....

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Imagine if the "Rocks" disappeared and there were giant spires with flowing information LEDs like tron...and their were two huge Gull Wing canopies in the shape of the former waterfalls...Also illuminated and ever changing... What if it was gleaming white and futuristic...and the pavement was imbedded with thousands of fiber optic effect making a living walkway...with color lighted strips leading to each attraction...
What if Tomorrowland was creative and interactive and really beautiful again....

If only! That would have been nice. So many great ideas to be found in these 276 pages. I wish TDO could have done more. When did things go sideways? (Covid notwithstanding) Honestly, I'm not sure anything was really accomplished. Does it look better?

trainplane3

If only! That would have been nice. So many great ideas to be found in these 276 pages. I wish TDO could have done more. When did things go sideways? (Covid notwithstanding) Honestly, I'm not sure anything was really accomplished. Does it look better?
They got the original upper PM supports back and repainted CoP after it had the nasty oil wash a few years ago.
Oh, we also got a P u R p L e W a L l for the I n F l U e N c E r S.
That's it.

I give it a 4/10 on the overhaul.

Bocabear

well doing nothing isn't a positive either, unless you have the ham-fisted creative department that doesn't understand the concept and history of the park. So many beautiful things could be done...Hobbled by tiny budgets and a lack of leadership and direction...as far as what we see here on the outside. You would think the Walt Disney Company's Flagship park would be Spectacular for it's 50th instead of a few poorly fitting additions and a cheap coat of paint...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
well doing nothing isn't a positive either, unless you have the ham-fisted creative department that doesn't understand the concept and history of the park. So many beautiful things could be done...Hobbled by tiny budgets and a lack of leadership and direction...as far as what we see here on the outside. You would think the Walt Disney Company's Flagship park would be Spectacular for it's 50th instead of a few poorly fitting additions and a cheap coat of paint...
The castle will look nice.

Apparently.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Are they repainting?

Well, since they just finished repainting the castle, it should be good for, what, 10-15 years before they need to paint it again? :facepalm:

I'm on record as not caring for the pink color scheme used on the castle. Sleeping Beauty Castle is pink, this is Cinderella Castle, it has it's own color scheme. But... synergy!!! The blue spires do look nice and really pop in the sunlight, however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom