News Tomorrowland love

crxbrett

I kind of hope all that Incredibles stuff is gone by the time I go. lol I like the Incredibles, but it just looks tacky to me. When is this supposed to end?

As for Disneyland's Tomorrowland, it is slowly dying an agonizing death for sure. As a kid, Tomorrowland was one of my fav areas of the park. It slowly started it's decline in '88 with the closing of America Sings and culminated in the mess it is now with the New Tomorrowland opening in '98. Never been the same since and has only gotten worse.

The only thing Disneyland has in Tomorrowland that is better than Disneyworld's is Buzz Lightyear. The one in Florida is pretty bad in comparison - mainly with the ride vehicles and how you aim and shoot.

Biff215

I kind of hope all that Incredibles stuff is gone by the time I go. lol I like the Incredibles, but it just looks tacky to me. When is this supposed to end?
Not soon enough. I believe the end date is in August, likely before MNSSHP starts. Still those vinyl signs scream temporary, like something you’d see at a local farmer’s market or craft fair, not a futuristic “expo”. Guess the Incredibles marketing budget didn’t want to invest too much here.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Not soon enough. I believe the end date is in August, likely before MNSSHP starts. Still those vinyl signs scream temporary, like something you’d see at a local farmer’s market or craft fair, not a futuristic “expo”. Guess the Incredibles marketing budget didn’t want to invest too much here.

“Temporary” at Disney means something different. Let’s go with “seasonal”... lol

Also, they should have made the banners narrower as looking out and down from people mover is part of the experience.

crxbrett

Thank the maker! I was hoping it would be gone by end of August.

Two other things that I also think are better about Disneyland's Tomorrowland. The Submarine lagoon. Obviously the Magic Kingdom's was in Fantasyland, but that is one nice thing Disneyland's Tomorrowland has. And also the Autopia. It's not really saying much I guess, but Disneyland's has newer cars at least and has the pretty neat looking queue now. The Magic Kingdom's Speedway is just ugly now and keeps getting shorter and shorter. I used to love it because it was 4 lanes and was super long and had that Grand Prix race track feel to it. But they've shortened the track so much now and the theming is just not that great to look at as an adult. Hoping it gets some love with TRON like it has rumored to potentially be getting!

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

One thing that I don't like about Disneyland's Tomorrowland, and when I was there Space Mountain was down: It's weirdly cramped. The whole elbow over by Space Mountain, especially when it was down just seemed like a dead zone to me. I remember thinking, "All these buildings and nothing is happening."

It doesn't get a lot better over by the Matterhorn.

I know that DL is a smaller park and every day is busy but most of the other areas feel more "cozy" than cramped.

Kman101

Poor DL does seem to be bursting at the seams in certain gridlocked areas. Shame they're now having to take out planters and some trees, etc. to make room. They seemed to have done a nice job with the Small World extended queue (Dumbo's look's basic and OK, not spectacular but it serves it's purpose and apparently guests find it charming as if it's been there forever so what do I know?). Looking forward to when they add a more permanent backstage gate and wall. But they must be struggling having to come up with space for guests to walk in a park that was built 60+ years ago.

Pirates and New Orleans Square seems to be another nightmare spot.

crxbrett

Poor DL does seem to be bursting at the seams in certain gridlocked areas. Shame they're now having to take out planters and some trees, etc. to make room. They seemed to have done a nice job with the Small World extended queue (Dumbo's look's basic and OK, not spectacular but it serves it's purpose and apparently guests find it charming as if it's been there forever so what do I know?). Looking forward to when they add a more permanent backstage gate and wall. But they must be struggling having to come up with space for guests to walk in a park that was built 60+ years ago.

Pirates and New Orleans Square seems to be another nightmare spot.

There are some truly awful areas in Disneyland that are nightmarish and almost impossible at certain times when it is super busy. New Orleans Square is one of them - especially during or right after Fantasmic! The Main St hub is another one during the fireworks or parades. The entrance to Tomorrowland and the walkway underneath the PeopleMover track near Star Tours and Buzz is atrocious at times and is also a horrible bottleneck. Adventureland can also be really bad, crossing the bridge by the Tiki Room and the area where it splits near the bizarre near Aladdin's Oasis and the Jungle Cruise. Disneyland is downright miserable on really busy days. I pretty much avoid going during periods when it's predicted to be super crowded because it is just way too much. And I am not even claustrophobic! I am really excited, but also nervously dreading Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I feel the closer you are, the more it covers it. (Point of view and all that). So being further away, I can still see the Tomorrowland portion. At least I would assume so

Yeah, I get the point, as I saw another photo where it shows ok but it's really far away. I think they could have set it up better so when you're walking into the land, when you normally see the sign, it wouldn't look out of place as badly.

MrConbon

Just as Tomorrowland was getting a nice paintjob they had to ruin it. My conspiracy is that they put all this up so by the time it comes down everything will be repainted and less people will notice the change.

Brad Bishop

Just as Tomorrowland was getting a nice paintjob they had to ruin it. My conspiracy is that they put all this up so by the time it comes down everything will be repainted and less people will notice the change.

Something else: If Tomorrowland isn't redone by 2021 (and it doesn't look like it will be) there'll be less impetus to do it. I think management will see it as: It got Tron. It got Stitches' replacement. We painted it. That's close enough. We need to focus our efforts elsewhere.

Actually, we're nearly two years into this and, at this point, I'd say that's all Tomorrowland is getting:
- Tron
- Stitch replacement
- paint

...and once Tron is up people here will be thankful that Tomorrowland got something (anything). TL will look roughly the same.

rd805

Something else: If Tomorrowland isn't redone by 2021 (and it doesn't look like it will be) there'll be less impetus to do it. I think management will see it as: It got Tron. It got Stitches' replacement. We painted it. That's close enough. We need to focus our efforts elsewhere.

Actually, we're nearly two years into this and, at this point, I'd say that's all Tomorrowland is getting:
- Tron
- Stitch replacement
- paint

...and once Tron is up people here will be thankful that Tomorrowland got something (anything). TL will look roughly the same.

I don't think that's bad though -- a new build, and a re-theme of a crap-tastic attraction. I'll take it! lol.

TJJohn12

I don't think that's bad though -- a new build, and a re-theme of a crap-tastic attraction. I'll take it! lol.

I'd rather phrase that second part as "a replacement for a crap-tastic-re-theme of a pretty good attraction."

Those additions will be enough to entice me over from the west side of the park a few minutes more, but that's not saying much really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom