News Tomorrowland love

The_Jobu

If Disney does go the "Wonder" route, I can't see them using Wonderland, because it would probably cause confusion with Alice In Wonderland. They would probably go with Wonder World or World of Wonder, or something else along those lines.

There's other things in the amusement world "Wonderland" might conflict with...

2015522-WONDERLAND-LOGO.JPG

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm going to have a hard time letting go of the name and the actual Futureworld idea if they change it. I will feel like Walt's last dying words about EPCOT will be muted with the seemingly re-theme of Futureworld.
Hmm, I have been going to EPCOT since opening day, and never once have I turned to my wife and said "Let's go over to Future World". I've also never said that we should go to "World Showcase". Always only a country or pavilion. And I don't remember Walt ever using the term "Futureworld" to describe anything in EPCOT.

montyz81

Hmm, I have been going to EPCOT since opening day, and never once have I turned to my wife and said "Let's go over to Future World". I've also never said that we should go to "World Showcase". Always only a country or pavilion.
I use it all the time. Lets spend 1/2 day in FutureWorld and 1/2 day in World Showcase.

I don't remember Walt ever using the term "Futureworld" to describe anything in EPCOT.
And I didn't say he used the words Futureworld. I said "his last dying words about EPCOT" According to biographies I have read, he spoke to Roy about all his plans for the real city of EPCOT. Which, after he died, was transformed into a showcase of experimental and prototypical future technology (aka Futureworld) that one would have expected to be used in Walt's City of Tomorrow. With the death of both Tomorrowland's and Futureworld's original intent, that is essentially killing the idea Walt had for his real city almost completely out of all of his parks. IMO, the only things left would be Peoplemover, UoE, SSE, LWTL, and a little bit TT.

VJ

I'm going to have a hard time letting go of the name and the actual Futureworld idea if they change it. I will feel like Walt's last dying words about EPCOT will be muted with the seemingly re-theme of Futureworld.
Walt's last dying words about EPCOT were literally muted as soon as Walt Disney Productions announced that the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow would be a... wait for it... wait for it... theme park.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Wonder Showcase could work if they use a world's fair theme (a showcase of wonders). And it would be consistent with World Showcase.

Rodan75

Agreed. I always thought Discoveryland was a poor choice for a new name for Future World, but now it doesn't sound so bad compared to Wonder whatever.

I'm not a big fan of Discoveryland either...that already captured that one over at Animal Kingdom at this point with Discovery Island. World of Wonder is a bit generic though...

Rodan75

The new paint scheme in Tomorrowland makes me think they are leaning into the galactic spaceport theme that it received in 1994 but moving away from the 'steampunk' and chamber of commerce elements.

Although I think we heard that WIR may not be the theme of SGEs replacement, the Sugar Rush video game being infected with alien cy-bugs seems like it could fit that spaceport theme. CoP lives on as a history lesson on 20th century earth...feels like they could tighten up the theme without much work on the actual land.

montyz81

Walt's last dying words about EPCOT were literally muted as soon as Walt Disney Productions announced that the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow would be a... wait for it... wait for it... theme park.
Fair enough. Then maybe it is more drastic. Maybe they are just pressing stop on the audio tape instead of just muting it.

britain

Hmmm.. at the vacation kingdom of Walt Disney World, you will find:

The Magic Kingdom, The Wonder Kingdom, The Cinemagic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom