Tomorrowland is perpetually troubled. So why is it so popular?

Why is Tomorrowland both troubled and popular?

• It's not crowded! It's called a bottleneck, Bozo!

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Thrill rides, mostly Space Mountain.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • We're all crazy, Tomorrowland is actually amazingly done!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • It's the first land on the right, just the way the traffic flows

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

Figments Friend

Would love to fill out this survey. I'd put "poor" for almost everything.

'Space Mountain' is good..!
:D

This same survey that asked for my opinion on Tomorrowland also wanted my thoughts on Frontierland and Toontown.
Very similar questions for all three, but the land choices I found to be interesting.
Mickey definitely wants to know what Guests think of these three lands right now.

-

D

Deleted member 107043

Now that the details about the survey has had time to sink it seems kind of counterintuitive to poll customers on the current state of Tomorrowland if they are planning to do a major update. Now I'm questioning whether this is really an indication of some imminent change.

On that note what do you all think Disney might deliver as a state of the art Tomorrowland in the current 21st century world we live in? Everything Disney does now is so content driven and the aspirational/optimistic space tourist "World of Tomorrow" Walt envisioned just looks so damn quaint now:

1966807086960546669eTYzyyUc.jpg

I suppose the Tomorrowland at SDL gives us some clues about WDI's current vision for the land, at least for IP content. But that version of TL is half-done and therefore would be for customers in Anaheim. I would welcome the TRON coaster, but surely they won't think plopping it down somewhere is all that's needed fix things in DL's Tomorrowland.

Californian Elitist

'Space Mountain' is good..!
:D

This same survey that asked for my opinion on Tomorrowland also wanted my thoughts on Frontierland and Toontown.
Very similar questions for all three, but the land choices I found to be interesting.
Mickey definitely wants to know what Guests think of these three lands right now.

-

Space Mountain and Autopia are literally the only two things I love about Tomorrowland lol.

The inclusion on Frontierland and Toontown don't surprise me. Disney is fully aware of the areas of the park that need assistance, though I'd say Frontierland is last of the three (it's not a bad land at all). Tomorrowland is the worst of the worst, it they really should start over from scratch.

mickEblu

I get why they are asking questions about Toontown and TL but I'm confused on why they are asking about Frontierland on the survey. They just re did the ROA, TSI and Big Thunder Trail so they aren't going anywhere. I can't imagine BTM is on the chopping block. What does that leave, the restaurants, shops, Golden Horseshoe and shooting arcade? Im guessing for Frontierland, the questions are just to collect data to optimize food and merch. They definitely could be doing more with Golden Horseshoe than chili cheese fries and nuggets. Definitely a missed $$$ opportunity $$$

Curious Constance

I get why they are asking questions about Toontown and TL but I'm confused on why they are asking about Frontierland on the survey. They just re did the ROA, TSI and Big Thunder Trail so they aren't going anywhere. I can't imagine BTM is on the chopping block. What does that leave, the restaurants, shops, Golden Horseshoe and shooting arcade? Im guessing for Frontierland, the questions are just to collect data to optimize food and merch. They definitely could be doing more with Golden Horseshoe than chili cheese fries and nuggets. Definitely a missed $$$ opportunity $$$
I bet the questions for all lands are only to collect data on food and merchandise. Besides these surveys are probably given as a means to prove NO action is necessary. Hey look, 80% of people are happy with Tomorrowland! We can sit on it for another ten years!

mickEblu

I bet the questions for all lands are only to collect data on food and merchandise. Besides these surveys are probably given as a means to prove NO action is necessary. Hey look, 80% of people are happy with Tomorrowland! We can sit on it for another ten years!

I think Frontierland is the only Land in DL where I haven't bought one single piece of merch. That's probably the stuff their interested in.

Phroobar

Through out the years I've gotten various surveys about different lands. They do this all the time in order to keep a record of the health of the park. Everytime I go to Magic Mountain I get one of their surveys too. It always covers all aspects of the park. They always want to know which rides were ridden and which I enjoyed and hated. I must be part of a smaller survey since I see things actually change at MM. Disneyland never seems to take what I say on those surveys seriously.

Figments Friend

I've taken several of these surveys over the last 20 or more years related to the Parks on both coasts, both in the Park itself out of general Guest view and via online surveys.
This is the first time I've ever gotten one targeting specific lands.

They are usually typically just wanting me to rate my experience and grade how good or how poor I felt the Cast, park cleanliness, merch offerings, and food offerings were.
This time however they wanted me to answer specific questions and give feedback regarding these specific areas as well.

The impression I was left with after going through the entire survey was that they are interested in knowing how Guests are currently rating these areas.
I rated Fronteirland the highest of the three choices, and Toontown and Tomorrowland roughly the same.

Questions ranged from my opinion on the land in general, food and merch offerings, quality and variety of current Attractions, and other aspects of these areas.
They also asked my thoughts on the importance ( or non importance ) of 'Streetmosphere' entertainment and character interactions.
I let them know how in felt about all of those things, and more.

-

mickEblu

Through out the years I've gotten various surveys about different lands. They do this all the time in order to keep a record of the health of the park. Everytime I go to Magic Mountain I get one of their surveys too. It always covers all aspects of the park. They always want to know which rides were ridden and which I enjoyed and hated. I must be part of a smaller survey since I see things actually change at MM. Disneyland never seems to take what I say on those surveys seriously.

True. The interesting part about this survey though is the mentioning of three specific lands, two of which are under constant speculation of being renovated/ demolished.

Curious Constance

I think Frontierland is the only Land in DL where I haven't bought one single piece of merch. That's probably the stuff their interested in.

I don't think I've even been in any of the stores in Frontierland except for that pin trading store my kids always drag me into. See what happens when a ride doesn't dump you right into a store? They need to build store tunnels, so when you get off Mark Twain, or the Columbia, or the canoes, you're forced to walk through a tunnel that has merchandise all around.

mickEblu

I don't think I've even been in any of the stores in Frontierland except for that pin trading store my kids always drag me into. See what happens when a ride doesn't dump you right into a store? They need to build store tunnels, so when you get off Mark Twain, or the Columbia, or the canoes, you're forced to walk through a tunnel that has merchandise all around.

Hahah or they could just make the top deck of Twain and the bottom deck of Columbia a store. It's time that the attractions themselves become stores. And why stop there. Pirates is what 15 minutes long? How come I can't grab a soda and popcorn on my journey when I get thirsty or need a bite to eat? I think they could easily put a vendor cart in front of Carlos' well.

Phroobar

Hahah or they could just make the top deck of Twain and the bottom deck of Columbia a store. It's time that the attractions themselves become stores. And why stop there. Pirates is what 15 minutes long? How come I can't grab a soda and popcorn on my journey when I get thirsty or need a bite to eat? I think they could easily put a vendor cart in front of Carlos' well.
That vendor cart will be very well themed of course.

George Lucas on a Bench

You can't have Tomorrowland anymore. The originals were developed at just the right time during the Cold War and Space Race, promoting peaceful coexistence and exploration of space. It's a charming product of its time that became dated within the first decade of WDW's opening and which EPCOT Center one-upped. Ever since, it's been a hodgepodge of mostly "space"-related things and recycled attractions. No one cares about space anymore and the state of the world is pretty good compared to what it used to be. We have advanced technology that allows us to bash present-day Tomorrowland in the palm of our hands. There's no need for Tomorrowland anymore. They knew this when they developed Euro Disneyland and even after they screwed up there, they attempted to retrofit the other Tomorrowlands using that concept.

DLR92

I think Tomorrowland remain popular is because of attraction offerings. Space Mountain and Star Tours and perhaps Nemo and Autopia are the biggest drawer to the land.

I only like Space Mountain. Everything else I don't care much for. The architecture of the land is very uninspiring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom