Tommorowland Going Away

ilovepluto23

I highly doubt this at all. It would just be completely stupid if they did this.

And what would they do with Stitch? Space Mountain? CoP?
Those aren't pixar-related rides...and I can't see how they could make them pixar. Just b/c they're putting in many pixar themed rides does not mean they are going to change the entire area.

I'll be glad if they fix up that speedway, those cars are too old.

But yeah, this rumor you've heard is a bit ridiculous!

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
I heard from a very good source that sometime in 2010 Tommorowland will become "Pixarland". I was told this is a working name in progress, but it will be changed to something along those lines due to the fact that it's too hard and costly to keep updating a land that's about the future since things change so quickly these days as far as technology goes. Over the next 4 years more and more of the land will be replaced by Pixar themed attractions as already has happened in some cases. Expect Stich to be the last attraction replaced with a Pixar theme in 2009. Space mountain will get a massive refurb late 2007 or early 2008 with a Pixar overlay. And the Indy speedway will get a Cars overlay sometime in the next few years. Even COP will get a massive refurb in 2009 with some sort of a Pixar theme added to it. I've said as much as I know, and I'm ready for everyones insults and questions on my statement so have at it.

You don't know how right you are actually. From what I understand here is what is happening:

Monsters Inc. Replaces Timekeeper (obviously)
Indy Speedway replaced with CARS overlay
Space Mountain revamped with a soundtrack by the composer of the Incredibles (so there IS a pixar connection)

and then theres the Incredibles attraction which, in some concepts, utlizes the space of the TTA, Skyway, Galaxy Theater, AND COP. To be one gigantic pixar e-ticket.

Stitch will probably stay until they find a suitable pixar replacement.

monorailguy01

I highly dought they will change CoP, I mean it is a great show/ride, but if they are chaging it to pixar just that would just not be right... as far as SM goes I have alos heard about the big change but NOT pixar, if i am not mistaking they are making it like the new DL verson with 2 tracks. The whole pixarland idea is just dumb. I dont think that will happen eather

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think that has got to be the stupidest idea I have ever heard. :( :mad: :fork:

As someone else stated in another thread, (and I paraphrase)
"Tommorrowland is a view of the future as seen through the goggles of 1950-1960's sci-fi."

Maerj

If they just keep Tomorrowland based in science fiction, there is really no need to keep updating it. Its not Epcot afterall, trying to show the real world of the future. They should just have some fun with Tomorrowland, let their imaginations go crazy and make some really funky scifi attractions.

the-reason14

If all this is true, then this has got to be the biggest piece of BS I think TWDC has and will ever do. I mean come on, getting rid of a land that has been here since the 50s, they must be on something. If this is true, then they might as well change all of the MK lands to tie in with some sort of dated movie. Or change it to the Magic Kingdom of Pixar.

I hope all this isnt true, cuz if it is, I dont knoe if theres enough fan power in me to get me through the next 10 years.

disnyfan89

Am I the only one that remembers Lasseter saying that he thinks Pixar is invading the parks and would like to move away from it.

BrittanyRose428

Definately not happening. Tomorrowland is the Fantisiful future, and therefore doens't need to be updated. Besides, how could it be Pixarland if 3 Pixar attractions (nemo ride, nemo show, Midway Madness) are all opening at other parks. Not to mention Woody's Cowboy Camp in Frontierland. Tomorrowland is one of Walt's Original ideas and WON'T be changed.
well said

BrittanyRose428

You don't know how right you are actually. From what I understand here is what is happening:

Monsters Inc. Replaces Timekeeper (obviously)
Indy Speedway replaced with CARS overlay
Space Mountain revamped with a soundtrack by the composer of the Incredibles (so there IS a pixar connection)

and then theres the Incredibles attraction which, in some concepts, utlizes the space of the TTA, Skyway, Galaxy Theater, AND COP. To be one gigantic pixar e-ticket.

Stitch will probably stay until they find a suitable pixar replacement.
they CANNOT get rid of TTA and CoP :eek:

You guys, this isn't going to happen. Why would they spend tons of money to put Stitch's Great Escape in if they were planning on changing it within a few years? Why would they put in The Seas with Nemo and Friends, featuring Turtle Talk and the Nemo Ride in Epcot or Midway Madness in MGM if they were creating a specific area for Pixar? And why would they completely change Tomorrowland if people like it? Don't worry, this isn't happening.

wjaye918

That doesn't even make sense. How often have they changed something because of technology? Mission to Mars is the only attraction I can think of. Space Mountain has been there forever, a concept that is CLEARLY outdated, but hasn't been updated. CoP has had a FEW updates to the last show scene. All the other changes have really been because of sponsorship or complaints. Dreamflight: Sponsorship. AE: complaints by parents. And in the New Tomorrowland refurb, the Imagineers made it so they WOULDN'T have to update anything because it's a future that will never happen.

I call shenanigans. This "rumor" holds absolutely no water.
Just curious..What kinds of complaints led to changes? What changes were made?

Tim G

I heard from a very good source that sometime in 2010 Tommorowland will become "Pixarland". I was told this is a working name in progress, but it will be changed to something along those lines due to the fact that it's too hard and costly to keep updating a land that's about the future since things change so quickly these days as far as technology goes. Over the next 4 years more and more of the land will be replaced by Pixar themed attractions as already has happened in some cases. Expect Stich to be the last attraction replaced with a Pixar theme in 2009. Space mountain will get a massive refurb late 2007 or early 2008 with a Pixar overlay. And the Indy speedway will get a Cars overlay sometime in the next few years. Even COP will get a massive refurb in 2009 with some sort of a Pixar theme added to it. I've said as much as I know, and I'm ready for everyones insults and questions on my statement so have at it.
Good, good, good!!!

But SALT... :D

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
You guys, this isn't going to happen. Why would they spend tons of money to put Stitch's Great Escape in if they were planning on changing it within a few years? Why would they put in The Seas with Nemo and Friends, featuring Turtle Talk and the Nemo Ride in Epcot or Midway Madness in MGM if they were creating a specific area for Pixar? And why would they completely change Tomorrowland if people like it? Don't worry, this isn't happening.

Like I said they arent going to change Stitch's great escape (unfortuantly). Look back at my earlier post...although the original poster was being satirical what he said was based in fact which I mentioned earlier.

wdwishes2005

two problems. one, along this train of thought, future world at EPCOT should be changed,
2. Tommorrowland was NEVER about the REAL future. it is the future that never was..... It is the representation of the 1950s view of the future

Austin1

If this was true I would personally murder someone in the exutive position at Disney. I have always loved the ideas behind Tomorrowland. Too bad it isn't that way anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom