Tom Sawyer's Island

GrandFloridian1

Original Poster
I'm not a big fan of Tom Sawyer's Island. Although, it's nice to walk around there for a bit but don't you guys think this land could be put to better use?

BRER STITCH

It serves its pupose well.....a nice, cool, quiet escape from the crowds in the park.

If you take the time to truly explore the island, there's lots to see and do!

:wave:

Connor002

Tom Sawer's island serves it's purpose, it's probally the last safe haven where you can escape the crowds for a while. As for what there is to do, just explore and you'll find some interesting sights and sounds.

Is the fort(can't remember the name of it) still open, or did they close it down?

the-reason14

Connor002 said:
Is the fort(can't remember the name of it) still open, or did they close it down?

Yes, its till opened. :)

I think it is still a good place for MK as of now. Its real fun to explore the caves and see the views of BTMRR, the LB, and HM.

Buzzes Dad

The Island is a neat place to visit. It really takes you away from the crowds for a bit.

If you have kids 12 and under and the find the hidden paintbrush on the island the get a go to the front of the line pass for either BTM or Slash. My son had a blast looking for the brush, he searched the island for about an hour before he found it. It was a nice way to relax for a bit and rest for the rest of the day.

I had my first vist it to TSI just yesterday before I started training. It was a nice place for children, and I love how Imagineering had the idea to place paintbrushes around the island in the morning for people to find.

Yesterday before the park was opened, a cleaning crew was there cleaning up some of the animals such as the moose, and deer along the edges of TSI.

natalia1681

Or maybe they could put in that Harry Potter ride everyone's been talking about.:lookaroun

Or, they could put 20k leagues in the water around the island:lookaroun

Just a thought....

Yellow Shoes

Tom Sawyer's Island is an amazing place when you are with kids.

The beauty of it is that it is unstructured yet there are tons of activities to keep one busy.

Even at WDW, it is hard for children to "be good" all the time. Standing in lines is, quite frankly, rather boring, even for adults, and most especially for children. It is tiring for them to stand and stand and stand.

At TSI they can run to their heart's content. The caves are great for exploring, and the trails are well-done.

Another E-Ticket in that corner of the park would be a traffic flow nightmare (has anyone noticed the congestion near Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster??).

Plus, if you're lucky, there will be a clueless person on your raft who asks, "Is this an island?"

raven

I love TSI. I usually go over there mid morning to explore the caves, mill and fort. I love eating at Aunt Polly's and feeding the birds that are around there. It's a nice quiet resting spot compared to other ares of the park. :wave:

Blackie Pueblo

This goes back to the whole Disney has something for everyone. Tom Sawyer island is a great place for kids to go running and explore in fun and safe conditions. It's also fun for grown ups to run around and act like a little kid.

The caves are fun to explore, and great to jump out and scare your friends.

Blackie Pueblo

GrandFloridian1

Original Poster
Maybe it's because the last time I visited TSI it started pouring rain and I didn't stay there long enough to see everything but I still think it could use something over there. What, I don't know. Sprinkle some pixie dust over there and see what happens. It's a nice change of pace from the park- although it's probably not geared towards me anyway and more for the kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom