Tokyo DL Expansion Rides in WDW?

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster
As most have probably heard, Tokyo Disneyland is getting more rides added to the park. Personally I think the rides should have been added to Disney World instead (especially the Beauty and the Beast, and Big Hero 6 rides) of Tokyo. Is there any chance that the rides could make their way over here, if reception is good? I find it kind of depressing that after we get an entire Beauty and the Beast section of NFL, we don't even get the ride TDL is getting. Why does Disney keep expanding the parks outside of the states, when we need it the most IMO?

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster
Disney is not paying for these rides. Imagineering is building them, but Oriental Land Company (the owners of Tokyo Disney Resort) are paying for them.
This.

Also I'm not aware that every Disney park outside of the states gets more stuff? Disneyland Paris is in many ways inferior to Disney World overall.
Japan pays for it and won't be taken for a ride.

Ah, that makes sense! I never knew that. I always figured that WDI pays for everything, but since they don't fund them, it's no wonder we don't get some of the new rides.

I think anything is possible. We've seen this sort of thing in the past but to add a Beauty and the Beast attraction specifically, it would need to be EXTREMELY popular.

BTW...Like the screen name. ;)

Haha, thanks. I like yours too. The Orange Bird is my favorite :p

doctornick

It's unfortunate that they built the FLE in such a way that it really limits expansion; yet another short-sighted set up in WDW. The resort has the "blessing of size" but they seem to respond to that but just haphazardly building things without future considerations.

Even if they wanted to add the BatB ride to the area of MK, where could it go? I guess they could demolish part of the "village" like the bathrooms Gaston's Tavern and make that area a queue and have the show building be on the other side of Magic Kingdom Dr to the north.

It's unfortunate that the two major fantasy rides coming to Tokyo (BatB and the eventual Frozen ride) won't end up coming to WDW because of existing attractions for those IP. Meanwhile, DL will be getting a Fantasyland expansion in the future and likely will get both since the R&D will be done already.

Heck, even the Big Hero 6 attractions would be nice, but the best place for it would be DHS -- and they are building a similar whip ride with the Alien Swirling Saucers.

I guess WDW could hope for a perhaps a Wonderland addition in the future with the ride that Shanghai is rumored to get in the near future. The Teacups could easily be moved for thematic integrity in such a case.

Polydweller

Maybe someone in the know can answer this. Since OLC pays for them do they get exclusive rights to them, at least for a period of time?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
If I understand how it works is that if Oriental Land Company pays for the research and development of a ride and then it is copied into a Disney owned park, Oriental Land Company will negotiate a reimbursement on some of that cost.

Fox&Hound

I feel like if they added a B&B ride to MK now then it would repeat a lot what is already represented: the castle, Belle's house, Gaston's tavern. I'm maybe a minority, but I like that they didn't just go for another ride. I enjoy the Belle M&G, eating in the castle, and love visiting Gaston's. I prefer it to another dark ride riding past scenes in this case!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom