Tokyo DisneySea Turns 20

Married5Times

if you live in Japan and go more often that just a one-time vacation you start to notice the stagnation of it.

coming from the biggest Disney Sea fan imaginable(I can't imagine anyone liking it as much as me), that is one fine point you made...........an angle I would have never thought about since I have only gone to Disney Sea as a foreign tourist.

BrianLo

first things first..........since when has Sindbad been widely viewed as a top 10er? I personally love it; I find it a playful and moving treat, a can't miss when I go. But top 10 by the masses? TOP 10???? no way. I can't even see the masses around the globe putting it in top 20. Top 30 is more like it based on my readings of aggregate views of Disney and Universal type offerings.

On to Journey.
Journey to Center has Mt Prometheus as a frontage, the greatest, most detailed frontage ever constructed, anywhere along with an unbelievably fine queue and a ride that garners repeatability more than any other, I say. From reading opinions it's still an easy top 10er from those who are qualified(well-traveled) to make claims.

Sindbad is underrated! A decade ago there were quite a few people who would have snuck it into the bottom of their top ten. I think me included?

I haven’t gone back seriously for a while to really reflect where I’d place JTTCOTE, but Disney has gone all in on rock work in the last decade. What used to be beautiful and quite unique is less so in the age of Radiator Springs, Pandora and Galaxy Edge. Not perhaps making an argument that it’s the worst of the four, maybe the best, but it’s less of a standout in the global portfolio.

I’m not sure if that last part is a dig, but yes, I’m well travelled. 😂

That’s actually the issue, the WDW lifers who are one and done Tokyo visitors place it on a much higher pedestal. My personal visiting patterns are more even-ish between most of the resorts.

I said it was a hot take!

J4546

I really wish theyd bring that indoors Little Mermaid land to the parks here in US, they look great and a welcome shaded area as well

Married5Times

’m not sure if that last part is a dig, but yes, I’m well travelled. 😂
No dig against you whatsoever; I already assumed you are very qualified; many WDW visitors, especially the casual ones, have never been to other Disney parks, particularly the Asian ones and have no real way to compare and contrast. So most lack standing to form a credible top 10 list.

Married5Times

but Disney has gone all in on rock work in the last decade. What used to be beautiful and quite unique is less so in the age of Radiator Springs, Pandora and Galaxy Edge. Not perhaps making an argument that it’s the worst of the four, maybe the best, but it’s less of a standout in the global portfolio.

you make a solid point.

back in 2001 as for 'natural' landscapes there was nothing anywhere near the ambition of a Mt Prometheus. The closest creation(and yet still a very distant 2nd) would have been something like the Splash Mountain facades or the Thunder Mountain terrains. So you're right- the volcano stood alone without a shred of competition.

and now with things like Hogsmead castle, Galaxy, Pandora, Everest and Radiator the gap is so much closer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom