Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

Travel Junkie

And the bad news is that the stateside parks will suffer for it.

With Shanghai definitely, we already see evidence of that. There is also opportunity to take some things from them. I doubt we would have a new Soarin film without Shanghai and Disneyland appears to be getting elements from Tokyo's expansion.

The hope is that the good outweighs the bad.

brb1006

With Shanghai definitely, we already see evidence of that. There is also opportunity to take some things from them. I doubt we would have a new Soarin film without Shanghai and Disneyland appears to be getting elements from Tokyo's expansion.

The hope is that the good outweighs the bad.
Especially after I heard the news about vandalism from Chinese guests.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
hay guys what do you think about this. This is a huge maybe but it looks like Disneyland is about to renew dreamlights again or create a brand new prade.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 629

brb1006

hay guys what do you think about this. This is a huge maybe but it looks like Disneyland is about to renew dreamlights again or create a brand new parede.
It might be a new look for Dreamlights, I love the new addition for the Cheshire Cat float and Finding Dory

Peter Pano

That is a super cool document. Thanks for posting it!

I especially love this sweet bit:

Human resource development and maintenance of environments at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Parks

Oriental Land will expand the systems to educate and train Cast Members, thus raising their level of knowledge and skills for providing services to Guests, and together with communication measures and enriched award systems, will further promote the creation of work environments where Cast Members can sense their own growth and feel satisfaction in their work. Through these efforts, Cast Members, who play an essential role in Disney parks, will be able to offer Guests an even higher level of hospitality. In addition to expansion plans for attractions and entertainment programs, other measures will be taken to improve Guest experiences at the Parks shops, restaurants and service facilities.

What a difference to the way Disney operates its own parks lately. These days, TDR is the true Disney park.

Sped2424

Regarding the pace of Tokyo's expansions recently I think there are a few factors in play:

- OLC has not been happy with what Disney is producing of late
- Japan's economy is not performing well. Even if the theme parks are busy, it's scary to undergo expensive projects during uncertain economic times.
- WDI is spread thin right now thanks to Shanghai

The possible good news is that a theme park war could be brewing between Shanghai and Toyko. We may see the two resorts trying to outdo each other in the years ahead.
Many an insider has said that this had much to do with the olympics and contractors being available rather than what is listed above.

RandySavage

Not sure if it's been discussed, but this art makes it look like the B&B ride will be a re-dressed Mystic Manor. The massing of the structure and wedge-like showbuilding are very similar. The interior art is also reminiscent of MM's Chinese Salon.
DRE4906891.jpg

EPCOTCenterLover

Not sure if it's been discussed, but this art makes it look like the B&B ride will be a re-dressed Mystic Manor. The massing of the structure and wedge-like showbuilding are very similar. The interior art is also reminiscent of MM's Chinese Salon.
DRE4906891.jpg
Interior art? I haven't seen any of that. Can you direct me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom