Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

BrianLo

I'm very much looking forward to this and it is an impressive project (but very "glommed" onto TDS)...

However I do have to point out new-build investment was actually overall better at WDW. Yes of course it needed it more and yes of course it is still behind. Yes Tokyo has a much better caretaker and refresh approach for the superior position it was in... but Tokyo had a relative period of stagnation since 2006 and this project was extremely overdue.

Soaring, A Flying Carpets Spinner and Toy Story Midway Mania were what Tokyo added attraction wise last decade. It was meagre.

deere839

At Tokyo Disneyland, "Happy Fair with Baymax" is a fair where you can be happy with Baymax in the area centered on Tomorrowland, where "Happy Ride with Baymax" opened on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. It will be held.

So Special meet and greet foods and Merch

HongKongFooy

Soaring, A Flying Carpets Spinner and Toy Story Midway Mania were what Tokyo added attraction wise last decade. It was meagre.

Ya, I was losing faith after watching Disney Sea regurgitate 2 overrated rides and one Chester and Hester level spin job along with the logically flawed and out of place Turtle Talk with Crush.

Finally, we're back to our regularly scheduled program with stellar offerings.

HongKongFooy

That’s(a special meet and greet for food and gifts)a interesting way of saying ‘so no ride, just another way for you to spend money’ 😅

But hey, it’s Tokyo so all is forgiven.

Above looks disapproving..........

so naturally I find your comment ironic considering out of everything under the sun to choose for an avatar/personal symbol/picture on this site you go with what looks to be, well, a photo op with Donald Duck.

No yeah, I personally haven't been but I know they have the best versions of a bunch of rides and that its a beautiful park. Quality-wise it's definitely one of the best resorts. But we're only talking about attraction lineup, and if you are factoring in both quality and quantity, Paris isn't that high up there. It only has 27 rides and while it has the best Mansion, Thunder, Pirates, Space, Small World (hear mixed things about their small world), they also have a bunch of flat rides and "cheap" areas/rides such as Indiana Jones and most of Walt Disney Studios Park.

Love this debate.

DLP's main park is by far the most beautiful Magic Kingdom. In terms of thematization, it has the best Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland, and also the best castle and entrance. Even though Discoveryland has changed a bit, I think it's still way better than every other Tomorrowland. It's the Tokyo DisneySea of castle parks. It just lacks new attraction.

On the other end WDSP has some good rides and shows but has by far the worst thematization of every Disney Parks.
Hopefully this will change with the new expansion.

WDW is huge but I think Magic Kingdom and Epcot both need a big overhaul. However, I loved DHS ans AK.
Hong Kong and Shanghai have also their own charm and I would love to visit them.

Tokyo and Anaheim are arguably the best Disney Resorts if you think about quality and quantity.
Nevertheless, they don't have a lot of space left to expand so it's gonna be problematic in the next few years.
That's why I expect that Paris and Shanghai will slowly be able to catch up.

Disneylover152

That's why I expect that Paris and Shanghai will slowly be able to catch up.

I think Paris has such potential to be the best Disney Resort in the world, however, it just doesn't seem like Disney is interested in making that happen. It seems like even pre-pandemic Disneyland Parks new e-ticket wasn't happening, Discoveryland is messy (then again all Tomorrowlands minus Shanghais are a mess), and it's lacking attractions. And while WDSP will have great areas such as Star Wars, Frozen and Marvel, it still doesn't fix the rest of the park and it just doesn't seem like it will have the charm that most other Disney parks have. DCA and Hong Kong got a full-blown redesign, and WDSP is still just getting bandaids. It's getting a budget version of Star Wars, a budget version of HKs Frozen, and Avengers Campus with a reskinned ride and a D-Ticket. Plus it doesn't even seem like they are touching the Toon Studio & Production Courtyard areas of the park, the latter which desperately needs to be fixed. I think WDSP post expansion will be a park worth visiting, but it'll still just be a cheap park. It probably won't feel like a cheap park since Frozen & Star Wars will probably be great, but it'll just be way too big with so many empty areas that while it has great attractions, it won't feel complete and probably won't ever feel complete.

J4546

i wouldnt say WDSP is getting a bandaid. I mean, arent they spending like 2.7 billion on a complete redesign/expansion of the majority of the park? When its all said and done, WDSP is gonna be pretty fantastic. That view of the frozen castle straight ahead 1/2 mile away when you walk in is gonna be awesome.

Disneylover152

i wouldnt say WDSP is getting a bandaid. I mean, arent they spending like 2.7 billion on a complete redesign/expansion of the majority of the park? When its all said and done, WDSP is gonna be pretty fantastic. That view of the frozen castle straight ahead 1/2 mile away when you walk in is gonna be awesome.
Just because it's an expensive band-aid doesn't mean it's not a band-aid.

I say bandaid because they really aren't solving any problems that the park has. The Toon Studio & Production Courtyard area will still be a cheap and thematic mess when the expansion is done, and the three immersive lands will succeed bring in new guests, but they still won't fix the problems with the park. The main problem with the park is that it's cheap, ugly, and there's not enough to do. The expansion will improve the park atmosphere/look, but not fully as Production Courtyard won't be touched. And the only new areas are mini lands they are passing off as 3 new lands. It's still cheap, and the expansion is technically only adding 3 cloned rides and two reskins of former attractions. The park will still be lacking things to do when this is all over.

wdrive

Just because it's an expensive band-aid doesn't mean it's not a band-aid.

I say bandaid because they really aren't solving any problems that the park has. The Toon Studio & Production Courtyard area will still be a cheap and thematic mess when the expansion is done, and the three immersive lands will succeed bring in new guests, but they still won't fix the problems with the park. The main problem with the park is that it's cheap, ugly, and there's not enough to do. The expansion will improve the park atmosphere/look, but not fully as Production Courtyard won't be touched. And the only new areas are mini lands they are passing off as 3 new lands. It's still cheap, and the expansion is technically only adding 3 cloned rides and two reskins of former attractions. The park will still be lacking things to do when this is all over.

The entire expansion is only actually adding one more attraction to the overall parks count when you take into account into account Armageddons and the Stunt shows closure. Granted the attractions will be better, but in terms of things to do the park will only be up by 1.

Disneylover152

The entire expansion is only actually adding one more attraction to the overall parks count when you take into account into account Armageddons and the Stunt shows closure. Granted the attractions will be better, but in terms of things to do the park will only be up by 1.
Attraction count, the park is only up by 1. But ride count the park is up by 3 (Rise of the Resistance, Frozen Ever After and Spiderman)

J4546

i think the stunt show is being rethemed to a marvel stunt show, so by my count theyre getting 2 rethemed attractions (they will probably retheme ToT to GoG in the future as well just sayin) and 1 replacement with spiderman. for a net gain of 0. The marvel land is a wash but it will be entirely new and looks pretty awesome. Then the cars ride could be considered a retheme of the tram tour even though its not really but either way net gain of 0. Then the star wars land is all new with 1 ride planned but room for expansion for a gain of 1 and frozen is the same with a gain of 1. So theyre replacing 4 rides and adding 2 new ones with their own new lands filled with shops and food and room for expansion. Sounds cool to me. And the lake will be a great space for shows.

Then you have the right side of the lake which is clearly an expansion plot as well as the toy story expansion and the area to the left of the main pathway to the lake. So theres def still room for improvement but its a great start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom