Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

Soooooooooo, the Peter Pan ride... does this affect Peter Pan's Flight at Tokyo Disneyland at all?
I mean Not really, They both have Peter pan on shows both parks but in the future they might replace the fantasyland dark rides near the castle with something new, With the pandemic going on right now, Fantasy Springs and announced projects are still on track and all unannounced products and offerings had been temporarily paused for the moment.

The budget and scale for Projects on DisneySea are no Joke. With Sea of Dreams Coming along and the harbor under construction and some budgets have been allocated towards Repaving the walkways or Replacing the speakers.

tanc

Wow all this construction is great to see, meanwhile at WDW....

Makes me kinda look at WDW in a bit of a negative way. Japan is getting absolutely incredible rides, and yet the flagship resort probably won't get this stuff for a long time. I hope it brings more competition and exclusivity though, Tokyo is a super overlooked park.

Stevie Amsterdam

Wow all this construction is great to see, meanwhile at WDW....

Makes me kinda look at WDW in a bit of a negative way. Japan is getting absolutely incredible rides, and yet the flagship resort probably won't get this stuff for a long time. I hope it brings more competition and exclusivity though, Tokyo is a super overlooked park.
Maybe the Japanese Disney fans are feeling the same way about Pandora or SW:GE. I am 100% sure they think like that about MMRR and they still have to travel to Shanghai or WDW in the future for Tron.

I love that there is still some diversity left at the parks worldwide.

HongKongFooy

But Tokyo is working with 2 parks......and it still offers an overall more supreme attraction lineup than WDW's 4. And once both resorts finish their respective already started additions Tokyo will put the 'hurtin' on WDW even more.

Furthermore, I'd say DL Resort with its 2 parks pretty much rivals WDW on attraction menu when considering not just quantity but more importantly quality.

tanc

My issue with Panorama and Star Wars is that they pertain to a very specific audience. To me, they don't really go to well with the theme of the parks.

Disneylover152

But Tokyo is working with 2 parks......and it still offers an overall more supreme attraction lineup than WDW's 4. And once both resorts finish their respective already started additions Tokyo will put the 'hurtin' on WDW even more.

Furthermore, I'd say DL Resort with its 2 parks pretty much rivals WDW on attraction menu when considering not just quantity but more importantly quality.
Considering WDW is the companies flagship park, it's crazy how it probably has the second (or third) worse attraction line up. Paris and Hong Kong probably have worse attraction line ups, but attractions in Tokyo and Disneyland CA are vastly superior in both quality and quantity.

European1992

Considering WDW is the companies flagship park, it's crazy how it probably has the second (or third) worse attraction line up. Paris and Hong Kong probably have worse attraction line ups, but attractions in Tokyo and Disneyland CA are vastly superior in both quality and quantity.

Paris might not have that many attractions, but it has the best versions of all the classic rides, such as Big Thunder, Space Mountain and Phantom Manor.

HongKongFooy

Paris might not have that many attractions, but it has the best versions of all the classic rides, such as Big Thunder, Space Mountain and Phantom Manor.

INDEED!

By far the best castle, too.... and is it OK if I add Small World to your list? I find it way better than the others with its more intricate sets and walk through finale.

Disneylover152

Disneyland Paris is also a mostly intact park in terms of its design. It doesn't have weird things glommed onto or into it.
INDEED!

By far the best castle, too.... and is it OK if I add Small World to your list? I find it way better than the others with its more intricate sets and walk through finale.

No yeah, I personally haven't been but I know they have the best versions of a bunch of rides and that its a beautiful park. Quality-wise it's definitely one of the best resorts. But we're only talking about attraction lineup, and if you are factoring in both quality and quantity, Paris isn't that high up there. It only has 27 rides and while it has the best Mansion, Thunder, Pirates, Space, Small World (hear mixed things about their small world), they also have a bunch of flat rides and "cheap" areas/rides such as Indiana Jones and most of Walt Disney Studios Park.

J4546

Yeah but Dparis studios park is getting almost 3 billion in upgrade over the next 4-5 years so by 2025 itll be a great park! The new layout/design looks really cool and when its done ill def be going

lazyboy97o

Yeah but Dparis studios park is getting almost 3 billion in upgrade over the next 4-5 years so by 2025 itll be a great park! The new layout/design looks really cool and when its done ill def be going
This is exactly the sort of project Disneyland Paris has been spared.

fradz

WDW might be the biggest but it's one of the least attractive place to visit as a theme park fan. [Off topic:]
- Paris is beautiful and has a lot of pleasant, quiet areas to explore (most of Aventureland, Frontierland, the arcades, ...)
- Anaheim is the OG, has a beautiful line-up, has these big beautiful trees which gives some shade in such a packed park (and a terrible tomorrowland, let's not talk about tomorrowland)
- Hong Kong has an incredible amount of charm, it's really magical for some reasons
- Tokyo has the best theme park in the world, and unfortunately the Castle park feels a bit too much like MK with such large pathways that remove some charm. Fantasyland needs work.
- Shanghai is the new one, has a few gems and will only grow as it goes.
- WDW is ... big. Has a few really good rides & areas, and a unique park (AK, used to also have EPCOT..). But sooo inconvenient, is something you need to plan AT LEAST 3 months before visiting, everything is designed to extract the most value out of you... And pack as much people as you can. Nah, not for me.
I know it's not the topic, but TDR and DLR that are far better resorts for a theme park fan, IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom